• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 18 22.0%
  • Other

Votes: 6 7.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever happens we will get a great player with 11. I’d love to see us trade our current 2nd and future second for a pick around the 18-22 mark as I think we could still get an excellent player in this range and would also mean we get ahead of the saints 2nd round pick as I just a feeling that SOS may play funny buggars and make an earlier than expected bid on Ben. Also as much as I love Hotton I imagine the club will steer well clear of injury prone kids at the draft based on everything that has come from the club post season about injury management and list management.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Lindsay is still available at our pick, I want him

I've really liked him on profile and highlights, but took a bit of time to watch more footage of him the other day and thought he seemed to be a bit fumbly. Even in space, with no pressure, he would take 2 or more attempts to pick the ball up cleanly.

How do you see him on that front?

With ball in hand I love him, but I worry that with the way the game is trending on speed and pressure he may struggle to transition to the senior level.

I've really liked him on profile and highlights, but took a bit of time to watch more footage of him the other day and thought he seemed to be a bit fumbly. Even in space, with no pressure, he would take 2 or more attempts to pick the ball up cleanly.

How do you see him on that front?

With ball in hand I love him, but I worry that with the way the game is trending on speed and pressure he may struggle to transition to the senior level.
I see him as a flanker or wing at the next level. Mitch Duncan type due to his relatively weak inside game(compared to the best in class) and as you said not the greatest hands below his knees under pressure compared to some of the other prospects. With that said he is a clear best in class re kicking ability imo. Definitely have a place somewhere on the field even if it doesn't end up on ball.

History tells you, you can pick up great small forwards at every point in the draft

From Cyril, Pickett, to Breust, Betts, Papley
Yes, and recent history tells us our small forwards are suffocated by having to stay too deep and still, waiting for the ball to be plonked on top of Harry or Charlie plus about seven opposition tall defenders. We’ve got no idea how good our small forwards are because they don’t get half the ground to run back into when the ball is going forward in the way that the Brisbane or Geelong forwards get.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back