• Xavier Lindsay

Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Taj Hotton

Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 8.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I've watched a few Hotton vids, and I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed. He's athletic, and looks to work hard defensively, but he's mostly outside from what I've seen, his kicking is not great and he makes has some issues with his decision making at times.

Maybe I've watched the wrong videos? I've seen someone compare him to Chris Judd, but I haven't seen anything like that. He moves well, but his skills are lacking a little. Is this a high ceiling thing based on his attributes?

I've watched a few Hotton vids, and I have to say I'm a little underwhelmed. He's athletic, and looks to work hard defensively, but he's mostly outside from what I've seen, his kicking is not great and he makes has some issues with his decision making at times.

Maybe I've watched the wrong videos? I've seen someone compare him to Chris Judd, but I haven't seen anything like that. He moves well, but his skills are lacking a little. Is this a high ceiling thing based on his attributes?
Much more Rozee than Judd

i saw Rozee not either version of Judd

i saw Rozee not either version of Judd

One of the phantom guys on the Drafts board saw Judd apparently. What football attributes did you see that I didn't?

One of the phantom guys on the Drafts board saw Judd apparently. What football attributes did you see that I didn't?

Hotton is nothing like Judd obviously. Hotton is not an inside midfielder but would play more around fringes of clearance. With the game becoming more open and more space around the contest his acceleration and agility, out and away from the contest would be invaluable.

The player that runs through my mind when l watch Hotton is Shai Bolton. I think there athleticism and movement\evasion have similarities.

Hottons disposal didn’t look to bad for mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I worry about Hotton because of the knee injury. Didn't his brother also have a significant knee injury? It be concerned that there is some genetic predisposition to similar ongoing injuries.
That said, I have no medical knowledge, but did once sit in a GP's waiting room with an ex-AFL listed player.

dont have many dreams nor do i usually remember them but i had one where we selected trainor last night for some reason, so im going with it
Trainor is “on the nose” because of concussion issues. Should be top five discussion. High risk/reward factor at play, but is the type of kid who could play very early if we took the punt.

So difficult to assess. Could be a steal, could be a medical retirement in waiting?????

Trainor is “on the nose” because of concussion issues. Should be top five discussion. High risk/reward factor at play, but is the type of kid who could play very early if we took the punt.

So difficult to assess. Could be a steal, could be a medical retirement in waiting?????

Hasn't he only had 2 concussions? Not ideal but could just be bad luck

If that doesn't become an issue I reckon he's a pretty safe bet to become a decent player. Dominated the academy vfl game which is really promising as a tall.

If that doesn't become an issue I reckon he's a pretty safe bet to become a decent player. Dominated the academy vfl game which is really promising as a tall.
It is such a scary risk these days.

Tauru every time I watch him rises in my thoughts. He might be my bandwagon player coming into this draft and could play that Trainor role without the current concussion risk.

Not a doctor.

But not all concussions are the same.

It would depend on medical assessment, including what his post concussion symptoms were like.

If the doctor is basically saying, another knock and you might be effectively disabled for life, that's a pretty serious problem

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not only how bad they are, but how easily they occur for a certain player too.
Some have 'glass jaws', others have hard heads like Selwood.
It's a thing in combat sports.

Some link it to neck strength and absorbing impact, but in a 360 sport that doesn't really matter because you won't necessarily be able to brace for contact

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

A while ago, there was someone floating a helmet on SEN that was better designed for concussion prevention.
Suit him up. Be silly not to. Xerri was a facial injury and he continues to don the lid (which prob just protection vs concussion).

Also a dumber footballer than Hotton imo. Both good players in their own rights
I can’t speak to Berry’s football IQ, only seen highlights. But I reckon you may be undervaluing Rozee a bit here.

That being said, I do like Hotten’s vision and special awareness from the limited viewing I’ve seen.

You seem to have watched a fair bit of u/18 stuff, any players that stand out as playing with high intensity and energy? Particularly mid or forward? Think Warner, Papley, JHF, butters, Bolton, Pickett, McCreery, Jones, Rankine.
These are the types we just don’t seem to have.

It is such a scary risk these days.

Tauru every time I watch him rises in my thoughts. He might be my bandwagon player coming into this draft and could play that Trainor role without the current concussion risk.
From the limited footage I've seen, I like the cut of Tauru's jib. Hits the ball hard at every contest, which I'm a big fan of, and I reckon Vossy as well.

We could do worse than to take Berry/Lindsay and Tauru with our first two picks if we can jag the 1st rounder from GCS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back