Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

I think also that the Hawks love the bigger grounds so if we do have to play them at the SCG with it being smaller it should be easier to defend their switches

It fills me with a bit of hope that the first two finals threw the form rulebook out the window.

Port had won 6 in a row... demolished by Geelong (who themselves had only won a very dodgy 3 wins out of their last 5.)

Bulldogs had won 5 of their last 6... gone first week, barely fired a shot for three quarters.

Maybe with a 25 week season, it is possible that you can peak too early, like we did, and then have other teams peak on the run home, like the above teams did, and that still be too early as well.

Maybe... just maybe... the team that peaked the earliest but then had about 2 whole months to play in cruise control and have their slump... is the team that could rebound to peak again at the right time.

Hopeful musings.

Yeah the group selfies and whooping was pretty full on
They have created a bit of a monster with that crap and what was spontaneous an engaging is now manufactured and cringe

They have created a bit of a monster with that crap and what was spontaneous an engaging is now manufactured and cringe

Reading the bulldogs autopsy thread is very much the reason why I hate hawthorn more than anyone else. Their fans are absolute effin’ arseholes to be at the ground with. The experience if sitting near them is absolutely detrimental to any positive experience at the footy.

I don’t really care one way or another about the players and their selfies but I just want their fans to suffer horrendously because they make attending the footy the least enjoyable experience.

Seeing a team get a run like that from the umpires against the Bulldogs is terrifying.

We may not get a single free kick if we have to play Hawthorn in the next few weeks.

Yeah awesome season for them and I’m sure they’ll be contending for some years but I think they’ll run out of puff this year.

I thought that then realised they likely get Day back in the next week or two (and I do think they'll beat Port next week) so they won't be all run off their feet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reading the bulldogs autopsy thread is very much the reason why I hate hawthorn more than anyone else. Their fans are absolute effin’ arseholes to be at the ground with. The experience if sitting near them is absolutely detrimental to any positive experience at the footy.

I don’t really care one way or another about the players and their selfies but I just want their fans to suffer horrendously because they make attending the footy the least enjoyable experience.
2014 GF almost put me off ever attending another game in person.

They were insufferable. Impossible to describe.

I dunno, they seemed ok in 2012. :)

I've seen plenty of bad fans in football stadiums over the years, but the vitriol of that day at the MCG is burnt into my mind too. Absolutely feral - I think we've been to one game against the hawks since. Hope if we do play them it'll is at the SCG and not down there on grand final day again. Their fan base is frigging awful, and that day was just terrible - and security sat on their butts and did nothing (there truly were some near me that should have been thrown out - their behaviour was disgusting.

For all the awfulness of the results in 2016 and 2022, it didn't come with the absolute feralness of the wees and poos fans.

Agreed. 2014 Grand Final in standing room with my old man was a terrible experience. By far the worst experience in all of the '12, '14, '16 and '22 that I have attended. Doesn't help when your side gets slaughtered in a GF either.

They absolutely were. My wife nearly put one on the hawks fan in front of us during the third qtr.

They absolutely were. My wife nearly put one on the hawks fan in front of us during the third qtr.
I roosted a Hawks supporter down into an aisle after that game. My dad and I were walking up the stairs to leave and all these Hawks supporters were rushing down. One of them knocked my dad's cap off his head. I was already pissed off with the result as well as the treatment by the supporters around us, so I just pushed him down .

They were bad that game as well. I had to watch the last quarter in a bar out the back as it was too much to be around Hawthorn supporters.

They were all gone when I came back to my seat.
I mean I was just making a joke about post match but I don't actually have any memory of them during the game, didn't seem overly memorable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back