Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

While a couple of the slams were probably there - there is no doubt Mit hell’s instruction is to exaggerate any ‘incidental’ head/turf contact.

No suprise, Mitchell has always been a grub.

AFL is really lost on the head slam. Either blow the whistle and call htb straight away or accept that tackling to the ground will be the result.
The pressure in this game is intense. If hawthorn get it to the outside they’re away. If they can’t port just dominate through the middle.

AFL is really lost on the head slam. Either blow the whistle and call htb straight away or accept that tackling to the ground will be the result.
The pressure in this game is intense. If hawthorn get it to the outside they’re away. If they can’t port just dominate through the middle.
Port winning out of the middle are stopping the Hawks running and gunning. They actually have to work for it now.

I hope Longmire makes some well timed comments if Hawthorn win, where he goes the game’s custodian mode.

Something understated like: We have to be careful we are not creating incentives for players to put their heads in dangerous positions in tackles. It’s important the settings create the right level of responsibility for the player making the tackle and the player getting tackled to ensure a safe outcome. I’m sure the umpires will do that this Friday.

Our best wins the GF by 60 against anyone. We just don't do it enough
Aint that the truth. I want our lads to win by 60 in finals - but we never ruddy do. What is it now 6 of the last 7 finals played at the SCG have been won by no more than a goal.

Think the Jones tackle is 50-50 on whether it is 0-1 games
other tackle is probably stiff given its looks more like Moore lunging forward than Burgoyne forcing him to the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We haven’t been at our best for three months.

We are excellent for quarters of even parts of quarters. It’s like saying federers best is better than anyone less despite him having been retired for two years.
I think that's a bit extreme. That'd be closer to asking who is better, 07 Cats or 2000 Essendon. We shown how good we can be in 2024. No other side has been better than that in 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back