Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Ginnivan to get a coffee with Grundy in 7 days!!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's just put our loss to Port into perspective.

We played Francis, Corey Warner and fricking Ladhams of all players for the only time this year. James Rowbottom was back fresh from injury.

We were missing Papley, McInerney, Melican, Amartey, Campbell and in my opinion most important of all: Rampe.

We will have rested two weeks. They will have rested one.

We're playing on our home deck.

They'll have some fresh injuries of their own from this game.

This will be a drastically different game. I reckon we got this.

This Mitchell Press-conference is just depressing. I know he has just lost but man he just sounds so poor
I don't think in his head he even contemplated the fact they could lose. Which is fine - but you've got to roll with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unfortunately I now have that eery calm that comes from pessimism/realism.

If anything, I think I'll feel more positive/confident the closer we get to game time. Excitement tends to do that.

But I also think it's not on us supporters to try and find this manufactured belief or hope. It's up to our team to give us cause for that and in the fans' defence, the team's failed to do that every time for the last 8 years.

So... over to you, Swans players and coaches.
Yeah, tbh, I'm not confident we win next week, and if we do win I'm REALLY not confident against either Geelong, Brisbane, or GWS, but you just have to keep winning. Don't see any reason to be negative atm, although if Hawthorn had won I would probably be putting all my savings on them.

The game against Port last year where we lost 2 KPDs and probably still should have won the game was the first time we'd played them at the SCG since 2018.

I mean half of the best 22 wasn't even on the list in 2018. Blakey hadn't even been drafted yet. Florent and Hayward were in their second season. McCartin was in his first.

Being 0-3 against GWS in sporadic finals is somewhat different to being 0-8 against one team having played them every year for over a close to a decade period.
Is it? The lists have changed substantially in that time and only three of them at the scg, none in finals. Last game at the scg was decided after the siren.

The game against Port last year where we lost 2 KPDs and probably still should have won the game was the first time we'd played them at the SCG since 2018.

I mean half of the best 22 wasn't even on the list in 2018. Blakey hadn't even been drafted yet. Florent and Hayward were in their second season. McCartin was in his first.
Yeah seems a weird, defeatist narrative from some. They don't have to watch I guess

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back