Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Tonight is a bloody failure tho at home 7 goals up in the 3rd.

99.98% of the time you should never lose.

Well history says that's a freakishly rare loss.

Their missing ingredient may be no real home advantage and crowd. Lions crowd got their side home.

Haven't rated Brisbane at all this year, but that was a gritty win by them. They'll have a lot of confidence now, next week could be a close game. I don't think they will get flogged in a prelim 3 times by the same team.

Yep that's why I said interesting era and not a failure.

Very hard to come from nowhere essentially to win let alone interstate. Also younger than the suns and compared to then puts in perspective .

But on the flip side arguably had the best list multiple years.

If they had 10,000 more screaming for them they find the energy tonight

Tbf Western Sydney is a hard market to crack in terms of getting attention. No easy task for Aussie Rules for sure, it is a talent factory for league as a starting point.

More foreigners in this part of Sydney as well so if they follow one sport it would be either soccer or cricket. For soccer it would either be their national team and/or the big European leagues. Cricket needs no introduction. Hence why you see the Big Bash crowds actually being okay at the Showground. That is what I noticed around here.

Not saying the Swans didn't have these obstacles as well though in the early 90s. The Super league war + making the GF in that period was a massive breakthrough.

Last edited:
The Cumming non-50 and HTB free, plus the Daniels play on were both huge!!

Best part of tonight is one of my best mates is a huge Giants fan and I’ve already sent him about 10 texts … this one was my favourite 😆🤣
Dramacoreano Kdrama Couple GIF by Viki

Tbf Western Sydney is a hard market to crack in terms of getting attention. No easy task for Aussie Rules for sure, it is a talent factory for league as a starting point.

More foreigners in this part of Sydney as well so if they follow one sport it would be either soccer or cricket. For soccer it would either be their national team and/or the big European leagues. Cricket needs no introduction. Hence why you see the Big Bash crowds actually being okay at the Showground. That is what I noticed around here.

Not saying the Swans didn't have these obstacles as well though in the early 90s.

Brother if we had a HALF of GWS concessions when we were plogged in Sydney we would of been much more successful.

It’s 3/4 time, what’s with the cage fighting stuff on Fox. Do,people really watch that?
Only combat sport I’d watch is boxing only because my dad was a pro boxer. Not that I’m a huge fan of boxing though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s 3/4 time, what’s with the cage fighting stuff on Fox. Do,people really watch that?

People still watch the WWE/MMA and crowds are sold out in arenas each week. :p

Can see why people make fun of it but crazy stuff can happen, wrestlers pulling off sick moves and you cant look away. Thats the appeal.

Last edited:
I do feel a bit sorry for Jesse Hogan: he played brilliantly & was let down by some of his teammates.
Stuff him, he rubbed Mills nose in it last week.

On CET-AL00 using BigFooty.com mobile app

GWS have lost no followers from anyone in Sydney. They're an incredibly well drilled and well coached team. Only their ferocious style of game is demanding and their fitness has limits. Meeting Swans first up probably cost them both games.

Going out in straight sets doesn't truly reflect the performance of GWS. They're a better team. They'll build their fitness and game style through the off-season.

No Melbourne teams are left in the race for the 2024 premiership but one Sydney team remains.

They're a constantly competitive and well run club

It's hard to win it all as you know

They're a good club imo
Yep, and they still lack the advantage of an intimidating home crowd. A flag might help with that, but even still it might take a few decades. All they can do in the interim is stay competitive which they've done for the better part of the last decade, so credit to them.

I also think they need to ditch the Canberra deal (and realistically Canberra should probably be the inevitable 20th team - but that's a conversation for another time). They went around 2 months without playing an actual home game at one point this season. Feels like they're completely unnecessarily shooting themselves in the foot.

Yep, and they still lack the advantage of an intimidating home crowd. A flag might help with that, but even still it might take a few decades. All they can do in the interim is stay competitive which they've done for the better part of the last decade, so credit to them.

I also think they need to ditch the Canberra deal (and realistically Canberra should probably be the inevitable 20th team - but that's a conversation for another time). They went around 2 months without playing an actual home game at one point this season. Feels like they're completely unnecessarily shooting themselves in the foot.
IMO they would be better off playing in Blacktown International Sports Park in the months when Showgrounds is unavailable.

They average 10k crowds at Manuka.

if they got the same at BISP it would be a sellout in the heart of western Sydney and that would be far more beneficial long term than whatever monetary incentives the Canberra deal offers.

Not saying the Swans didn't have these obstacles as well though in the early 90s. The Super league war + making the GF in that period was a massive breakthrough.
Only about half of the recent top ten countries for immigrants have formal domestic cricket competitions. Britain (mainly England) and those from former British colonies tend to follow cricket but half of the top ten countries for recent immigrants will have no or very limited exposure to cricket.

GWS should be able to tap into recent immigrants from non-cricket nations, but they'd still need to peel them away from soccer, which competes within the same season and remains the most popular sport for most Australians.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back