Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Gday Swans supporters, hope it’s ok to post here. I’ll be floating around Lithgow this weekend, and wondering what is the best way to get to the scg Friday night and more importantly back (looks like last train is around 1030pm)? Not sure there’d be enough time after the game to get this?

I could also drive in to a point somewhere as well? And get a different train?

Thoughts? thanks

GWS have lost no followers from anyone in Sydney. They're an incredibly well drilled and well coached team. Only their ferocious style of game is demanding and their fitness has limits. Meeting Swans first up probably cost them both games.

Going out in straight sets doesn't truly reflect the performance of GWS. They're a better team. They'll build their fitness and game style through the off-season.

No Melbourne teams are left in the race for the 2024 premiership but one Sydney team remains.
They didn’t lose me because I’m never and will not be a fan of them

Gday Swans supporters, hope it’s ok to post here. I’ll be floating around Lithgow this weekend, and wondering what is the best way to get to the scg Friday night and more importantly back (looks like last train is around 1030pm)? Not sure there’d be enough time after the game to get this?

Thoughts? thanks
Lower Mountains resident here.

I don’t know much about Lithgow, but off the top of my head I’d suggest driving Lithgow to Penrith and getting on the train there. Far more trains go to Penrith than on to Lithgow, and they go far later into the night.

If you tap your Opal card on and off your train journeys, then use it when exiting the station car park, the parking becomes free.

Only about half of the recent top ten countries for immigrants have formal domestic cricket competitions. Britain (mainly England) and those from former British colonies tend to follow cricket but half of the top ten countries for recent immigrants will have no or very limited exposure to cricket.
But the number one group of recent immigrants to Australia is India, and a lot of Indians are settling in Sydney’s west.

Only about half of the recent top ten countries for immigrants have formal domestic cricket competitions. Britain (mainly England) and those from former British colonies tend to follow cricket but half of the top ten countries for recent immigrants will have no or very limited exposure to cricket.

GWS should be able to tap into recent immigrants from non-cricket nations, but they'd still need to peel them away from soccer, which competes within the same season and remains the most popular sport for most Australians.
Cricket is the second most popular sport in the world. Don’t get me started

The game last night was boring so I switched it off in the third quarter and went and made a hot drink. Turned it on in the last quarter and it was only 21 points. Wow what a finish! 2 weeks in a row the Giants have given up a big lead. That has to be mentally scarring. And trust Daniher to kick that hard shot from the boundary and yet miss the easy shot from in front.

I can't see Brisbane beating Geelong, but anything can happen.

Thoughts? thanks
You’d be better driving down to Katoomba that way you can get a later train back. There is one that goes at 11.18 from central gets into Katoomba at 1.17am or 12.18 gets in at 2.17am

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon a partisan, passionate home crowd would've got GWS a few more free kicks and would've dragged them over the line during the 4th. At times it sounded like a Lions home crowd and I half expected to hear "Country Roads". I guess this is what happens when a team is a manufactured, soulless one that plays for a made up entity that doesn't even exist.

Lower Mountains resident here.

I don’t know much about Lithgow, but off the top of my head I’d suggest driving Lithgow to Penrith and getting on the train there. Far more trains go to Penrith than on to Lithgow, and they go far later into the night.

If you tap your Opal card on and off your train journeys, then use it when exiting the station car park, the parking becomes free.
Ok great. Thanks for the heads up

They didn’t lose me because I’m never and will not be a fan of them

While I maintain that building a rivalry with them is a good thing for the game (still a long way from being a genuine rivalry), I am not on their side and they’re not and never will be my second team like they are for some.

They’re our friends in the way West Coast are Freo’s friend. So, not at all.

It’s in our best interest to continue being the much more successful big brother and a flag this year would further cement that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brisbane's 44 point come from behind victory wasn't statistically the biggest comeback in finals history but it realistically was. The only bigger one was 47 points and that was at quarter time and the wind was absolutely blowing to one end. Carlton up 47 having held Geelong scoreless only for Geelong to be ahead by 3 at HT.

I thought the call was right.
I've gotta say I did too, but there are a lot more blatantly obvious ones that are let go and I thought it was tough calling it where it was and the time of the game.
I know by rights that shouldn't make any difference and it took a great kick, but I thought the umpire paying it had no feel for the game.

The game last night was boring so I switched it off in the third quarter and went and made a hot drink. Turned it on in the last quarter and it was only 21 points. Wow what a finish! 2 weeks in a row the Giants have given up a big lead. That has to be mentally scarring. And trust Daniher to kick that hard shot from the boundary and yet miss the easy shot from in front.

I can't see Brisbane beating Geelong, but anything can happen.
Brisbane are dangerous and can beat anyone.

Holy moly - did not see that win coming.

Well done, Brions. I have no freaking idea how you did it.

i think daniels playing on right in front with that lazy, smartarse soccer kick behind was just about the turning point ... there was a real dumb arrogance in what he did, unexpected from a player like him ...
i know there was still a lot of time left but the giants seemed to really struggle from about then

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2024 Non-Swans Game Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Back