Autopsy 2024 Rd 13 Blues shoot down the Bombers to move into 2nd

Who played well for the Blues in Round 13 vs the Bombers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We no longer have a big 5. We have a big 6. Tom De Koning is a serious footballer. As important as anyone.
Some of his handballs... Were actually Cripps like.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, considering how stressed I was all ****ing game, the margin wasn't even that close.

It felt like we played the game on their terms and beat them anyway. Helterskelter footy, mistake ridden but at the end of it we were much, much more coherent in front half. 4 goals from Lij, Cincotta and 1 from Fog, Durds and Williams each really ****ing helps; takes the pressure off the two talls.

It also felt like Voss is really trying things out. I'm reading in the gameday thread a lot of 'Voss outcoached'; well, I'm looking at our 4th terms over the first two months of the season, and I'm looking at them now and I'm seeing us running games out considerably harder than our opponents. We won without Cripps, Acres and Walsh playing anywhere near their best; Gov didn't have a spectacular night, and nor did Weitering IMO.

Tom De Koning, you're playing the best footy I've ever seen from a Carlton ruckman. It's not just extra mid stuff; this is Dean Cox stuff plus Paddy Cripps stuff. He's faster than our inside mids, stronger than opposition ruckman, one touch below his knees. Since the Sydney game, you've been in rare air.

The forward line is humming, and it's great to see.

Carn, the Blues!

I know some players called for Pitto to play, but we just look so dangerous with TDK solo rucking.

E Hollands was elite tonight.
Cincotta and late game Cowan playing roles is amazing.
Kemp is dangerous, once he minimises his brain fades, it will be great.

Post bye, we should get a few players back and it will only make us harder to beat.

Williams forward is almost locked at the moment, he knows when to go for a mark and when to sag off or stop his playing going third up. We finally have a small that knows how to play his role.

Anytime we beat * it’s sweet.

TDK was immense.

Elijah has all the tools. One of the recruits of the year (that no-one in the media will talk about).

Zac Williams has transformed our forward line.

Cinc can’t be dropped. Heart and soul.

No real passengers (maybe Carroll, but he tried).

And we get some players back. Hope Gov is OK.

Yes, there are things to be fixed. But there’s no papering over the cracks here. We’ve played top 8 or top 4 sides for the past 8 weeks and we are now second on the ladder.

So, yeah, I’m proud!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 13 Blues shoot down the Bombers to move into 2nd

Back