Autopsy 2024 Rd 13 Blues shoot down the Bombers to move into 2nd

Who played well for the Blues in Round 13 vs the Bombers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendope folk will reference the missed goals, but the opportunities we allowed weren't uncontested marks in the goal square.

TDK was immense.

Cincotta is a lock for our best 22.

Loved E Hollands game. Really need that contract sorted.

Durdin coming on for a quarter at least had some impact. Which is better than some of his 4 quarter efforts this season. Hopefully can build.

Dekonig, Curnow, Cincotta, Hollands, Hewitt, Williams great
Best game by a Carlton Ruckman since Matthew Allan. 20+ years
Curnow, that was old style centre half fwd. The palm to williams in the last, the kick to owies in the 2nd. the kick to mckay in the 1st.

Now for the concerns. Mids need to up the level.
Walsh has lost half a step, to my eye, since the back injury.
Our midfield will get towelled by the Swans mids in a final

Great stuff Blues but plenty of areas to improve on.

My thoughts below

1- * do not think beating up on teams ranked 9th-18th is gonna be good enough this year !!

2- Setterfield, need to find more form & talent in the reserves

3- Langford when injured take a week off and don’t roll out against us half fit again or maybe you’re fully fit & just over rated !!

4- Don’t trust Aust Post… the Package never turned up !!
Did the AFL have tracking or sign on delivery activated…..

5-Ridley, interceptor only, do not call yourself a defender!!

6- Was Gresham a late out ??

7- **** * & Brad Scott !!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like someone to introduce our team to long studs. Not being able to keep their feet is ordinary at this level.

It's games like this where Cripps and Walsh get well held that you should be grateful for the depth that Hewett, Kennedy and E.Hollands provide. Getting Cerra back after the bye will add yet another dimension.

Two thumbs up for TDK. Starting to come of age now.

Liked Owies game. Didn't show on the scoreboard or stats sheet but hit plenty of contests really hard.

Cowan excellent closing Martin's influence in the last quarter.

For the price hollands best recruit of the year only behind Grundy for mine .

Cripps and Walsh need to get on the TDK train and stop waiting for pitto to turn there game around . Hewett was sneaky good tonight and cincotta what can you say -- down in a lot of areas but controlled tempo for large periods very good win.

Good time to have bye coming off a ten day break should be full strength squad bar doc maybe cotterell after bye

Nearly ready to book my plane ticket 🤫

Kemp still a concern for me, brilliant one minute, ordinary the next

But, still on the up
I understand your concern, but what he offers on offense is amazing. They've also put him in the last line and allowing Weitering to play that more intercept marking player.

I just think he offers so much more than a Young, Durdin, Marchbank that it is worth persisting with him in the side.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 13 Blues shoot down the Bombers to move into 2nd

Back