Autopsy 2024 Rd 13 Blues shoot down the Bombers to move into 2nd

Who played well for the Blues in Round 13 vs the Bombers?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Would like someone to introduce our team to long studs. Not being able to keep their feet is ordinary at this level.

It's games like this where Cripps and Walsh get well held that you should be grateful for the depth that Hewett, Kennedy and E.Hollands provide. Getting Cerra back after the bye will add yet another dimension.

Two thumbs up for TDK. Starting to come of age now.

Liked Owies game. Didn't show on the scoreboard or stats sheet but hit plenty of contests really hard.

Cowan excellent closing Martin's influence in the last quarter.
the slipping over thing was an embarrassment....

I felt like we didn’t play our best and still won by 5 goals

Geelong played their best and lost by 5
Opposition were chalk & cheese though, Geelong were good but will be improved with Dangerfield & Henry back in also thought Swans were rusty early but both were significantly ahead of *

Just got home from the game

TDK is immense
E Hollands an absolute steal
Thought the backline held up extremely well amongst an avalanche of entries in the back half of the second and entire third terms - they will point to more scoring shots but a lot of them were from low quality spots
Zac Williams should never leave our forward line - that kick to Eli for his third is something so few of our players can do. Deadly
Not our best performance overall I felt but had 2 really strong bursts in the second and last quarters and that was enough. Encouraging that we did it with quiet games from all of our usual matchwinners

Also **** I hate *. Worst ****ing supporter base in the comp, complaining about the umps after the first 5 minutes and just kept going. Enjoy day 8000 you cheating campaigners

Anything to not listen to BT. Love SEN sync especially when it's carlton commentary
Yes. Carlton commentary and mot Dermie please. Otherwise much prefer it to any 7 commentary.

Take that you ****ing cheats.
Three very solid quarters of footy from the boys. TDK was phenomenal. Outstanding. 23 touches, 17 contested, 11 clearances, 7 i50s and 2nd most meters gained (478m). HUGE.
Cincotta absolutely won his battle against Merrett, the two goals in the last were the icing on top. Love we have found a role that suits him to a tee. Hes been immense the last month.
Then we have Elijah Hollands. I said it last week, he’s been fantastic and added so much in a short space of time. Just class, had an all round game tonight.
ZW also has cemented his position up forward. Just makes things happen. There was a play at half forward for Fogs goal in Q1, so good. Plus the 2 goals and 12 touches.

2nd!!! 9-4 after a tough run and some adversity with injury. After Sydney, i was worried a bit what was going to happen the last 3 weeks. So proud of the group. Break well deserved.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im seeing Cripps and Walsh struggling with the new HTB rule, both would usually take possession, try to break free and draw a stoppage, it looks like they are just finding their feet a bit with this.

Because the new rule is a complete joke.

They’ve changed a rule in the hopes of making it safer re concussion but its achieved nothing and made it even more confusing.

Opposition were chalk & cheese though, Geelong were good but will be improved with Dangerfield & Henry back in also thought Swans were rusty early but both were significantly ahead of *
Yeh fair

I think once we get cez Martin Motlop in we will rise to another level

I don’t think Geelong could win a game when their versions of Walsh and Cripps play as average as they did today

Happy to wait and see. One things for sure, we are top 4 quality

Dominant win. Controlled the game and margin all night long.

Always worth more than 4 points to beat *. Its the feelgood moment of the H&A season.

We are confident in our own skins as a team now. It feels real from out here. They look like it feels real to them.

Whoever led Elijah off the rails a bit up at The Goldy. Thanks.

Newman, Saad, Hewett, Cerra, Acres, Boyd, E.Hollands. Gold stamp to Mick Agresta.

Back