Autopsy 2024 Rd 16 Blues tame the Tigers easily

Who played well for the Blues in Round 16 vs the Tigers?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Cincotta sneakily becoming a reliable goal kicker. Very good skills around the forward line - hardly misses and a good user in tight.

Newman was outstanding.

I hope Kennedy is ok. Looked like a bad knee but listed as a hammy???

Leaving TDK out was almost my favourite moment of the season so far. Feels like turning a corner on the player / injury management front. Finally some sort of maturity / confidence about our player mgmt. This is what good clubs do - keep an eye on the season overall not just flogging everyone til they break down.

Hewett also got a rest. Cerra was outstanding considering first game in ages.

Fog / Fantasia got a bit of joy for all their hard work. Good on them.

Ollie still worries me a bit. I know we value what he does running-wise but a whole match on the wing for 7 disp?

Weit was awful. Just looked off all game. Harry and Charlie were poor against rank opposition.

Cripps was incredible. Back to browlow-level.

Looks like Dusty has dropped off the perch. Hawkins the week before. Will we see either one again? We're finishing the careers of some pretty good players of late.

I guess it's your choice if you want to use such a derogatory sledge. The term is highly offensive and is used to degrade women...but if you can't see that then i can't change your interpretation
Of it and use of the word.
To bitch is to be argumentative, moan and groan or stir the pot about something you don't agree with.....and that is the context in which the word is used in Bitchmond.

While I commend you for having certain standards you'd prefer to see upheld, I don't like people deliberately twisting the context in which a word is used to suit their own agenda and forcing it down someone else's throat. It ain't right.

I'll be leaving it at that as I'd much rather you continue to contribute to a forum we all enjoy.

It's an interesting conversation with no absolutely correct answer.

For mine though (based on overall importance to the club for their time).

Diesel and Dominator were great players but not club leaders. Diesel played a large portion of his career elsewhere. Dominator was a huge big game player but erratic off field.

Sticks was similar to Cripps in that he was from interstate and always knocked back huge offers to go back home. Sticks came into a successful team though and never really had to drag a team up the ladder.

Big Nick played for a long time for a club without success and literally dragged our club to the top of the ladder with steely eyed determination. He ended with 5 B & F's and 3 premierships (2 as captain and one as captain coach). To me, if we can win premiership/s under Crippas captaincy he would be well worthy in being mentioned in the same breathe as Big Nick in terms of importance to the Carlton football club. And that's something I doubted that I would ever say about anyone.

Not meaning to denigrate anyone with this. Jezza clearly enters the discussion of best (as in most dynamic) player.
:thumbsu:

Great game by Orazio, I’ve been a bit critical and doubted him, but his best game for us by far, really rapt for him, another headache for the opposition with all these other goal kickers

You can add Judd, Kouta, Jezza, SoS; Doull.
but he maybe our 2nd best captain after Nicholls
I rate Curnow a better footballer than Cripps and on the way to being the best fwd I have seen at Carlton above sticks, fev.
Charlie is not above Jesaulenko. But how amazing it is to finally a player in that conversation again? Loved Fev and Sticks though.

If Cripps leads this team to a flag, it will elevate his standing into the Nichols sphere. A flag from where we've been, now with 100k members? Would be iconic.

He's already at the Judd level for sheer inspirational leadership when we were at our lowest ebb. As others pointed out, Sticks had teams full of talent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I live in an household with 3 wonderful women. I have an extended family with an additional 11 amazing women. Should I ever refer to them in such a manner, and in my fault I have done so before, I am not only in the wrong but am called out for it.

It’s a derogatory word used all to freely that I agree should be benched.

I would hope many women on this board that if one used that word to describe them they would take offence.

Its used weekly by our mod to state it’s game day, doesn’t sit well with me.

Those who laughed at the original post criticising it, go call your mum, wife, sister, daughter or any female friend you have that name and see how much they laugh.

It’s a nasty term.

I support you calling it it out bb.

Go blues.
I agree.

I’ve used it a few times over the years - will make a conscious effort now to stop.

Appreciate the focus!

To bitch is to be argumentative, moan and groan or stir the pot about something you don't agree with.....and that is the context in which the word is used in Bitchmond.

While I commend you for having certain standards you'd prefer to see upheld, I don't like people deliberately twisting the context in which a word is used to suit their own agenda and forcing it down someone else's throat. It ain't right.

I'll be leaving it at that as I'd much rather you continue to contribute to a forum we all enjoy.
You make a good point! Cheers

Some on here have doubted.him being in our.nest 23.
He maybe 31.but he's in career best form.
GO NEWEY
Has to be top 3-5 in our B&F so far - he’s just one of those players that doesn’t everything right, is clutch with his decision making, a great leader and has beautiful skills.

Nick’s a gem.

A quick addition - on topic / off thread topic.

Using this word to describe Richmond - a men’s football team certainly gives the word a new angle.

Clearly no misogynistic inference or intent by the poster.

Given the clubs stance on men standing up to violence be that physical, verbal, mental - IMHO any chance we have to consciously stop & think, before we act or say - we should take it.

Applaud this stance, in the hope at very least it makes us all stop & think for a minute.

An AFL Fan forum - what’s better place to discuss it?

Possible dual Brownlow medallist,possible 5 time best and fairest and multiple all Australian.

I’d say he’d go pretty close.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He'd need to captain multiple premierships on top of that resume to be in the conversation as best Carlton player of all time. Given our history being greater than the majority of other teams the threshold on the best player of all time also lifts in my opinion. Definitely atm one of the best we've had in a long time.

What's going on with Ollie?

I don't care so much about the low possession games. but he looks really out of sorts.

His strength was his running. I'm sure he's still doing plenty of it.. but he doesn't seem to be gut running into space and helping us transition the footy.

His contested work has never been a strength but it seems he's losing more 1 on 1 contests than ever before.

I've said this before.. but he needs to a massive summer in the gym and put on 5kg of muscle.

For now I don't know what the answer is.
he seemed to spend a lot of time deep in defence - looking at the heatmap it was 63% with 3 possesions in the defensive goal square.

Can only assume that was a job given to him, to be the defensive slider when one of newman or saad went forward.

Great game by Orazio, I’ve been a bit critical and doubted him, but his best game for us by far, really rapt for him, another headache for the opposition with all these other goal kickers
Was clearly down in confidence...

That will do him the world of good.... and make opposition think again about treating him with disdain.

Has to be top 3-5 in our B&F so far - he’s just one of those players that doesn’t everything right, is clutch with his decision making, a great leader and has beautiful skills.

Nick’s a gem.
31 is not old these days in AFL terms...

Plenty of Cats going around 3-4 years older.

Their bodies get looked after so well, it's only really bad injuries that stop careers at his age.

ps anything more on Bam Bam?

Is there any chance it's minor?

Wasn’t amazing today in regards to stats, but he didn’t need to be. His defensive running was exceptional. He had a few fumbles, but hardly gonna hang him for it. It’s easy to forget he’s a second year player, he’s gonna be a good player for us for a long time
I got confused in the first quarter. Thought he was starting behind the ball he was involved in so many contests in the D50 so quickly. At the least he's moving really well and getting into great spots defensively.

Back