Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure Hewett would have made 1 iota of difference TBH. He is no superstar, nor does he bring speed, which is why we got cut up on the outside. Solid player yes, but hardly a game changer. We lacked overall intent and application.
Which is exactly what Hewett brings …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After the Richmond game everyone especially the media were talking us up.

Players are not robots don’t think for a second they didn’t drink their own bath water and still are.

We have achieved nothing yet and should not even be thinking anything other than winning games of football.

We need to comfortable being uncomfortable.

The one he ignored a few clear guys in the 3rd will stick with me a while … horrendous so selfish

Willliams showboated at the end of Q1 twice, E. Hollands too during Q2.

Charlie always showboats unfortunately.

A lot of pretenders out there today - feel for our Captain who was let down by many of his team mates.

Didn’t see todays game, really disappointed for our club.

Negatives. Voss continues to pick a team based on his vision of how a side should play and not based on form, output, fitness. Back to two rucks, garbage.

Positives. With 5 games to go we are second on the ladder, win 4 finish 2nd, win 3 finish 3rd or 4th

Eugh...lots to unpack.

Our complete lack of power runners make it so hard to gain separation on the tighter decks. Cripps actually has the quickest burst which is an absolute indictment...and our transfer of ball struggles accordingly. WBs moved the ball with comparitive ease. Cerra never looks like he wants it enough...see Gibbs, B.

Kemp is neither arse or elbow. Not big enough to be a key, not sure enough once it hits the deck. I already trust Cowan infinitely more. Give Kemp a run on the wing and Ollie can come back when he has something resembling an AFL body.

Pointless potting Marchbank...we know what we know.

Boyd doesn't have enough brownie points to have kicking games like that. Was absolutely deplorable. Game changing bad.

Belted in the middle. Two rucks was nuts...if 25000 Carlton fans could see it, why cant the MC. Flat footed mids...you might think two blokes hanging off Cripps creates space for others. Nope.

Too many stayers not enough sprinters. I couldn't give a fiddlers fart about Cotts and Ollie's running patterns...if you can't find the ball occasionally and apply GENUINE, phsical shut down pressure the other way, then head for the race and just keep running.

Availability remains the best kind of ability. Williams, McGovern and Martin are ten ply and the toll of carrying them is beginning to show.

Won't blame Charlie for the loss...especially given easy misses at the other end, but FFS, at least make a token attempt at a set routine. With great salary comes great responsibility.

Adds insult to injury that we are denied a chance to bake the umpires for their absolute shit show because we had so many passengers.

Sorry Crippa. You absolutely left it all out there today, and most of our guys left you hanging. Would drop 10 if we had some fit cattle.

Didn’t see todays game, really disappointed for our club.

Negatives. Voss continues to pick a team based on his vision of how a side should play and not based on form, output, fitness. Back to two rucks, garbage.

Positives. With 5 games to go we are second on the ladder, win 4 finish 2nd, win 3 finish 3rd or 4th
Will probably need to win all our games.

I was there last year at the Prelim, blues were spent by the time they got there. A little bit of a lull now but Voss will have them primed for finals.

Pitto deserved another chance but two rucks doesn’t work, better to find out now. De Koning is going to be top 5 player in the comp.

I watched Buddy kick 2 goals 11, Charlie is a gun, he kicks straighter and you win on an off night. He will kick a dozen in a game before his career is done.

Cripps deserved better for his 200th, but if he is a premiership captain I don’t think he will give a **** when he looks back on his career.

Good luck for the rest of the year, if the Hawks can’t win rather the Blues, missus has a smile on her face and that generally leads to a good day for Brucie

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Back