Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitting that Marchbank finished his last contest of the game laying on the ground, where he spent majority of the day
I cannot understand the love he still gets as a player. Yes he's a great guy. Not going personal but as a footballer he's just not there. His kicking was shit. He is weak as **** and on the ground as soon as there's a contest. He can't jump and can't spoil. Wtfffffff.

Still. Cotts was worse

Who saw Carlton doing a reverse of last season and falling off of a cliff in 2nd half of the season?

I've always known we have lacked speed, but for a while there, it looked like our pressure game was so dialled in, it wouldn't matter. But it can fall off as quickly as it comes.

I can't even see what we are aiming for now. The selections are strange.

Carlton being modern Carlton. Finally look like we're a real chance and we drop our inside mid for a guy that hasn't played in months. Next week bring back the backup ruckman who should be nothing more than that. Also start our other inside mid as sub. We've gone from 3 quality big bodied mids to 1.

Look forward to seeing what genius level changes come next week. Cripps out for binns or mirkov maybe?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get the fricken team selection right. Get Hewett back FFS

On Pixel 7 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app
Why do they even play around with the midfield

Cerra Cripps Hewett Walsh TDK and then a mix of Kennedy, Fog, Elijah is the mix. Dont **** with it.

Cottrell back to the 2nds

Motlop straight in for Cottrell

Gov in for Marchbank if not Young in until Gov is fit

Pitto out and Cunners in for some run

Disappointing. Couple of big games back to back to establish ourselves as a genuine contender and we shit the bed completely. The ghosts of the last 20 years just will not go away without a fight.

Cripps stood up in the last, but others just couldn’t go with him. Our defence is rabble at times and the loss of Gov really impacted tonight.

I've always known we have lacked speed, but for a while there, it looked like our pressure game was so dialled in, it wouldn't matter. But it can fall off as quickly as it comes.

I can't even see what we are aiming for now. The selections are strange.

Vossy finally got the whole Carlton fan base on his side then does some stupid decisions that have genuinely set our season back.

Embarrassing not to get up for the skipper. He had to pay for the drinks at his own party because no-one around him was willing to put their hands in their pockets.

I’m not going to call players pathetic etc, but

Cotts isn’t up to it at the moment.

Marchy wasn’t exactly turning it on at VFL level.

Ollie needs to get confidence back at VFL.

Boyd’s form has gone backwards.

Newman has runs on the board, but that was one of his worst game in weeks… years.

And Cerra is also a step behind at the moment.

That’s 6 players who struggled. And that’s on top of Pitto struggling to do his job. [At least this game settled once and for all two ruck vs one ruck. When you’re getting pantsed by Tim English, you know the writing is on the wall].

Yeah, we probably did lose this at selection. I was hoping those days were over - but here we are.

Sorry Crippa. You deserved better.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Back