Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, I had finally decided I trusted them, and we were on our way to a GF. Some stats have been looking quite dodgy for us of late, but I knew we had this ace up our sleeve, where we could out-pressure any side. This blind trust lasted maybe 2-3 weeks and I've lost it again. What I see is alarming.
Welcome back to the dark side.

The 2 ruck idea just has to gtfo. Especially against a team whose ruckman is not crash and bash but is mobile and works up and down the ground.

Two weeks in a row the MC selections have been woeful.

Tomorrow’s VFL game brings a lot of intrigue - Cuningham putting in another good game will most certainly bring him into contention. As will Motlop who, if Williams misses, should definitely come in. Martin getting through unscathed will almost certainly have him return next week. Even a good game from S Durdin should force the MC’s hand. Hewett coming back is a No brainer.

As I have said before I believe our BEST side is as good as any. Issue for me is we fall away badly if we lose a few

If you replace Marchbank Pittonett Cottrell Ollie and maybe one or two others with Docherty Silvagni (massive losses) Martin Motlop McGovern Hewett & Williams our side has a very different look and confidence

I just feel we have too many average players we need to carry, and don't do enough, when we have a few injuries
We had a relatively strong team today, no excuses with a few players out, Dogs had players out same as GWS last week with two of their best players missing.
Not sure why Hewett would be picked in the VFL if he is injured.
Reverting back to two rucks was crazy, based on two average quarters by TDK after a very strong period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Credit to the Bulldogs; better team for 90% of that game.

-Cerra and Walsh need to be removed from stoppages immediately
-Cotters, Kemp, Boyd, O.Hollands, Marchbank should be dropped immediately
-Hewett brought back in immediately
-2 rucks never to be seen again

Motlop, Martin, Hewett, Young all available in the 2’s so I expect at least 4 changes next week and I don’t really care who it’s for as a point needs to be made before we spiral out of control.

I’ve said this for way too long but this coaching group will butcher a premiership list. There is no excuse on this earth that would justify the decisions this match committee have made the past fortnight.

Take into account we completely obliterated Geelong and became premiership favourites in many eyes.

An incredible self sabotage by a group of second rate managers.
I think you’re overestimating the quality of the list. I actually think the coaching staff should take a bow but they’re not immune to mistakes.

We need our second stringers playing at max output every week and our stars to do likewise or we are no chance of a flag.

Yes we got some superstars but the quality drops away pretty quick.

If we win a flag it will be because of sheer willpower and effort.

Todays loss looked like a combination of our weaknesses and effort as well as some coaching selections and tactical smarts.

Charlie is very lucky we got a cushion. Missed cripps close to goal is very ropeable. Coaching staff need to do something cause he is 1 v 2ing each week.
It was the same last week

Teams are dropping 1 back to play loose in front or behind Charlie and we are not making use of the extra in the contest

Anyone got any sound logic behind why why we picked Pittonet?

Does Pittonet destroy TDK at training or something?

Was this a Cripps special request for game 200?

I’m still just as confused as I was when the teams were announced.

Would love a journalist to actually put this to Voss at the press conference.

So can you explain to Carlton supporters - every one of whom knew it was a mistake before the game - why you picked Pittonet and cost your team 4 points - apart from the fact that hes a favourite and you like playing favourites?

Lots of people really shitting the bed. We will be fine. You don't win flags in July.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app
We haven’t won a flag for 30 years. Makes you wonder why we’d start getting ahead of ourselves now?

But here we are.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Back