Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Who played well for the Blues in Round 18 vs the Dogs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Game day bitches!!!

I had this horrible nightmare last night we went to water. Really hoping like hell we don’t do that today.

I’m looking forward to Cerra, Cottrell, Pitto and Marchbank to really bring it.

Also Williams, he will have a huge game and boot 4. He just has a great thought process and love that he can keep his head in the game.

Charlie to kick 10.

Us by 14.

Go blues 💙

You can't play Pittonet 30% in the ruck. He can't play anywhere else. You're just giving up team rotations.

Collingwood manage with one tall target a lot. Essendon too. Hawthorn largely rely on their small forwards and midfielders.

Charlie is always double teamed anyway. Our game plan has to find free players. Owies can get free. Very few others can. I would have had Kennedy start and play forward when Harry pinch hits in the ruck.
who else was actually part of the front 6 - Harry, Chuck, Matt O. then....?

Think I need a week or two off going to the footy…

Felt like ripping the empty seat out in front of me and clocking all the flog dogs supporters WWE style…

Triple H Sport GIF by WWE

(PS: they were only supporting their team. Cheering half their teams ducking frees and throwing the ball)

(PPS: Weightman ducks more than Ginivan)
I use to work at marvel and someone in my aisle was so mad watching his beloved st kilda play actually ripped a seat off ..guy was huge .. i wasnt game to stop him

Got home from the game. And still pisses me off the more I think about it.

Cant believe Hewett has been out of the team the last 2 weeks.

Clean. Tackles. Racks up contested possessions and clearances.

Get him in to support Crippa.

Get Walsh more on the outside. We've seen what he can do when he's allowed to run and overlap.

Push Walsh out to a wing if need be. Could be the best wing in the league.

Surely we can't have the audacity to pick 2 rucks again next week

Apparently Walsh cannot play the wing position.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The thing that stood out to me was the hole that McGov left in our defensive set-up was enormous.

Sad to say that it looks like Marchy is done and may have played his last senior game. He really was a total liability.

So many player's down, all because of workloads. Nah, I don't think so.

Just really feel for Crippa, he deserved a better effort from the rest of the group.

Charlie at least found the footy and moved a lot better than last week. Just needs to become a little less selfish.

Turning point for me was, Zac Williams getting injured. He was looking very dangerous and we really missed him after he went off.
Totally agree. Our defence was very poor and you could see that no Gov really impacted. I thought Kemp in particular looked out of his depth at times. Experience matters.

And, without Martin in the side Williams is crucial, so that loss made a big difference. Even as bad as we played either of Williams playing the game out or Martin in the side would probably gotten us over the line. But even if we had stumbled over the line for a win you’d have to be concerned with the form and desire of some of the group right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harry could be in the lead if he didn't go invisible for huge periods of the game. Where did he go in the last 2 and a bit quarters ?

For every action, there is a reaction

If Pitto doesn't play, Harry gets more opportunities to get involved in forward half stoppages as the second ruck. Also forces us a bit (not that we're any good at it!!) to lower our eyes playing a smaller fwd line during that time he's up the ground

I know I'm speaking with emotion but I blame team balance and selection integrity for the lion's share of yesterday's loss

Our transition from kick-ins must be close to the worst in the league at the moment. We ALWAYS go to the same wing. Every ****ing time. It's so obvious.

The Bulldogs cleverly shut off the 20m kick to the pocket, which meant we had to kick long down the wing directly from the kick in. If we didn't take the ensuing mark it meant the ball was generally won by the Dogs and came in MUCH deeper. This resulted with us in exactly the same situation again or a D50 stoppage (from which the Dogs seemed to score goals at will).

We sorely missed Gov taking the kick-ins.
Yup same wing for years. We know and im guessing the opposition would surely know it by now.
Just dumb.

What seems bizarre is that apparently the coaches have Pitto as the #1 ruck. If not why else would he take the Centre Bounce at the start of every quarter??

How they have come to this conclusion after TDK has been lauded as almost the best ruck in the competition is bewildering.

I noticed at the start of the 1st Quarter TDK started in the forwardline and had a MASSIVE height advantage on his defender. I thought we could use this to our advantage by kicking to him when most of the defence would be concerned with Harry and Charlie. Not only did we not do this, he lasted in the forwardline for only about 10 min then spent the entire rest of the game either rucking or on the bench.

Defies all logic. 🤔🤔🤔

I just can't for the life of me figure out what Voss and the MC have been thinking the last two weeks. Why **** with a winning formula?

Hewett has been superb this year as has Kennedy, we need their steel in the midfield, Walsh needs them for protection. Cerra is severely under done, either sub or bring him back by the 2s. I do rate Cerra very highly so not knocking him.

Cotters is great, love the guy but he is not a walk up start after a long injury. Should be playing 2s.

Pitto and TDK don't work in tandem, we know this, we've tried before, why are we trying again against an out of sorts English?

Other baffling decisions, Owies as sub, reward Cotters, O Holland's and punish Hewett and Kennedy.

Stop ****ing around and trying to tinker with the team. Put the team out that won 5 in a row in convincing fashion.

We have not won anything to suggest we can arrogantly **** around with cute selections.

Just watched replay.

Effort by many was good but also a number of passengers

We need to get back to winning clearances and contested ball. We spend too much time defending

A couple of changes and adjustments and we are well in the fight for the flag

Bulldogs played well and beat us by 2 goals with most of our guns not having big games

My gut feel is we will bounce back and be fine come finals

What’s really pissed me off is how we’ve fallen back into bad habits.
Kick & hope, relying on the same players week in week out.
Our lesser lights really need to lift. Owies looked good early then went unsighted for the rest of the game. Several times there was no small ready to run on to the loose ball at the front of the marking contest. I love Owies but he doesn’t play 4qtrs.
Together with Charlie’s selfishness, I think they need to be brought back down to earth and start living up to the jumper grabs they so often celebrate.

Gee Marchy comes in for his first game in ages and dissed relentlessly. In the absence of Gov (emphasis added), he’s still ahead of Young and S Durdin for 3rd tall back role.

Maybe JSOS an option but he’s done for 24.

This is the same guy that was in our best in Lions Gabba final v Hipwood.

Shock.. horror..worth another week to see if he can get some form back. If not, well ok we reassess him then.

I’m not worried about Kemp either. Yet to play 50 games and has shown more than enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 18 Blues fail to fire for their skipper

Back