Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keith and Gardener are also already out too.

They are literally missing their 4 first choice key defenders. Plus Naughton, Smith, JJ and Harmes. Maybe Weightman.

We'd be all at sea in defence with that many KPDs out.

Add home crowd and Cripps' 200th, there's just no excuse to lose.
Keath might return provided he gets through training. They’re definitely wearing this in KPD stocks. We’re bad enough without Weitering there let alone also missing Gov.

Anyone who was in these discussion boards last week was witness to conversations about “how do you fit in player x, given player y is in great form?”

This week, there seems a push not only to fit in a number of players, but also to squeeze a few out.

The players who were in great form last week and couldn’t be squeezed out are now (in the eyes of some) on the chopping block this week.

My personal preference is for the MC to stick with the crowd who were in great form over 5 weeks rather than get nervous over the poor form displayed in 1 week. I think they deserve a chance to make amends.
I'm not sure it is the same crowd though. We have been doing well, but Cincotta has flourished only since Cottrell went out of the side. Likewise, Fantasia has played his best football in the Cottrell role. Hewett and Owies have been constants in our good performances over the last month.

The only thing worse than picking all three of Cincotta, Fantasia and Cottrell in the starting 22 and leaving Hewett out of the 23 once... would be doing it twice. I think we can have too many role players, and although injury might force our hand occasionally, this is not one of those times.

Out: Ollie
In: Hewett

Like Ollie but prefer a stronger body to fill his spot for now.

Know many have written him off but wonder if MC will give any thoughts to Lewis Young (or even Durdin) as an In for this game? The extra height might be required against Darcy and Lobb.

Motlop might be due for a run in the firsts too - if so, Fanta out.
One of Darcy or lobb might need to play defence.

What that Voss needs to stick to his convictions and play one ruck for the rest of the season.

I can say it as many times as your like
You know Voss' convictions? Wow you must be a lot further up the food chain than even we thought possible.

The reality is that Voss' convictions run as far as looking at available evidence and determining what will give us the best chance of winning. Whether that be one ruck or two.

One of Darcy or lobb might need to play defence.
It's possible but don't think it will happen. Bevo loves playing the 3 talls up forward.

When Naughton came off early in the last game, he swung Lobb from D50 to F50 to retain the 3-tall setup.

Doggies are unusual in that they don't have just one mega giant but two mega giants up forward- Lobb 207cm, Darcy 208. We might need some extra height in defence this week.

It's possible but don't think it will happen. Bevo loves playing the 3 talls up forward.

When Naughton came off early in the last game, he swung Lobb from D50 to F50 to retain the 3-tall setup.

Doggies are unusual in that they don't have just one mega giant but two mega giants up forward- Lobb 207cm, Darcy 208. We might need some extra height in defence this week.

They might be forced to play Lobb in defence given their injuries.

But if both play forward, this is the situation we can be exploited badly with Weitering our only proper KPD.

If Kemp stands Darcy and are isolated in D50, I wouldn't have any confidence in the match up even though Darcy is young. Kemp has proven over his career so far he can have really bad games and be dominated, particularly by big/tall forwards.

It's a position we need to solve.

They might be forced to play Lobb in defence given their injuries.

But if both play forward, this is the situation we can be exploited badly with Weitering our only proper KPD.

If Kemp stands Darcy and are isolated in D50, I wouldn't have any confidence in the match up even though Darcy is young. Kemp has proven over his career so far he can have really bad games and be dominated, particularly by big/tall forwards.

It's a position we need to solve.
Lobb has been playing in defence for the last 2 weeks…

Sorry, can you say that again rumour boy
GIF by Australian Open

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a little out there: do you think it could become a “legitimate tactic” for clubs to have someone deliberately cork weitering? There’s enough evidence this season to show it clearly impacts both him and the team severely.

I remember a very aggressive player of ours who must have practiced it at training he was that good at it.
I wouldn't be surprised if teams are already trying to do this.

In an interview on radio earlier this season, he admitted that he's "a bleeder" when it comes to corkies. So he's always going to be more affected than others will. Given his importance to our system, I don't know why the opposition wouldn't target him.

The circumstances of this weeks game remind me of our underrated win vs the Saints @ Marvel last year.

We were on a bit of a roll and due for a hiccup, they had to win to remain in touch with the 8, they came out and threw absolutely everything at us. The 1st half pressure was insane, I remember we just absorbed it then ran over them - Acres sealing it with that ripper through the middle. I remember Lyon was visibily shocked and filthy, mostly because there was nothing more his side could’ve done.

Probably my favourite win last year apart from the finals.

Hoping for similar vibes this week.

Last edited:
Good thing I had the sense to check online to verify after peanut Garry Lyon said Mitch McGovern has suffered broken ribs during the game. Turned out to be Jeremy. Phew!

In an interview on radio earlier this season, he admitted that he's "a bleeder" when it comes to corkies. So he's always going to be more affected than others will. Given his importance to our system, I don't know why the opposition wouldn't target him.
why not go with some padding around his upper leg. Soccer Goalie shorts have padding. Have some type of material that will absorb the initlal impact. Other positions use protective apparel.

why not go with some padding around his upper leg. Soccer Goalie shorts have padding. Have some type of material that will absorb the initlal impact. Other positions use protective apparel.

Attachments

• Piepenbring-Codpiece01.jpg
    Piepenbring-Codpiece01.jpg
    309.8 KB · Views: 36

IMG_8118.gif

Good thing I had the sense to check online to verify after peanut Garry Lyon said Mitch McGovern has suffered broken ribs during the game. Turned out to be Jeremy. Phew!
He’s a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back