Preview 2024 Rd 18 Carlton vs Bevo's Bullies Saturday 13th July 4:35PM AEST @ Marvel Stadium - #CRIPPS200

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS speed exposed us this week - I guarantee Dogs height will expose us next week.
IMHO we lost it (a) at the coalface and (b) with putrid "team defence"

GWS didn't suddenly turn on the accelerator in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs. It was pressure and pressure begins with who wants the ball more when it's dispute

if you win the clearances, (usually) you have more control of spread, tempo and transition...this makes you "look" faster

Finishing top four isn’t enough. We need to finish top two and get the home final. 3rd would likely have a trip to Perth to take on Fremantle or Brisbane at the Gabba. 4th would be a trip to the SCG to take on Sydney (based on my tipping and ladder predictor at least). Realistically we can probably only drop one maybe two games for the rest of the year. If we’re genuinely good, we shouldn’t be losing to any of Bulldogs, Hawks, Saints, Eagles, or the Roos (regardless of the venue). Port we should beat comfortably in Melbourne. Collingwood we shouldn’t lose to either but they’re always a challenge.

This week if we shut down Bailey Dale off half back (like we should have with Whitfield) and crack in harder for longer in the midfield then we win this comfortably. The Bulldogs have a great midfield. They have height up forward too but Darcy is young and JUH is pretty up and down with his form of late. Hopefully Weiters pulls up OK from that cork as we’ll be a bit undersized even with Naughton being out.
Finish 2nd we will most likely play Geelong at the MCG….

Finish 3rd we will most likely play Geelong at the MCG……

Same/Same possibly but just gotta win it !!

Finish 2nd we will most likely play Geelong at the MCG….

Finish 3rd we will most likely play Geelong at the MCG……

Same/Same possibly but just gotta win it !!

Why Geelong.

Could be Freo in Perth.

Still a long way to go.

Who? The dogs? Isn't there like 5-6 out? (mainly short term)
I would say 8 of their best team are out…with 3-4 others that I’m not sure of whether they’re top 22 or not.

Jones
Keath
Johanissen
Gardner
Harmes
Naughton
Smith
Weightman

Are best 22 for them I reckon…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure it is the same crowd though. We have been doing well, but Cincotta has flourished only since Cottrell went out of the side. Likewise, Fantasia has played his best football in the Cottrell role. Hewett and Owies have been constants in our good performances over the last month.

The only thing worse than picking all three of Cincotta, Fantasia and Cottrell in the starting 22 and leaving Hewett out of the 23 once... would be doing it twice. I think we can have too many role players, and although injury might force our hand occasionally, this is not one of those times.
Orazio has played well once this year frankly - and that's really only because he finished up with 4 snags...Owies gifted him one.... can't recall the others.

Simple equation against the Dogs, if they do win a clearance, we need to force them back into a handball game and try and force a turnover in that chain

If they come out through the front of that stoppage, they'll hurt us

Also, need to pressure their distribution, run and carry on their HB line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back