Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Power?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For me Walsh is really really struggling with the new rule change and is getting pinged HTB far too often.
Have been meaning to post similar for a couple weeks now. Since the change he's really struggled and has been pinged several times. For whatever reason it's really rattled his game.

C’mon Moon, keep at it and string a few more good posts together.

The selectors will eventually take notice of your form and elevate you to the senior list….:)

I want to see 47 game posts and 3 Essendon disses, and I want to see it several weeks in a row. Also, I want Moon to be more defensive and not be so easily brushed off.

Last edited:
Let's see re Charlie, hope so
Lots of potential and lots of game breakers
We can't make the GF this year, we have failed
In the last month we have gone backwards. 4 wins and we are back on track. Do not play a side in the 8, so even though we could lose some of these games if we are good enough we end up with 4 wins and most likely second
Still in our hands, if our heads are up to it

Harry Lemmey is not ready yet, will get pushed around just like O Hollands, we have nothing in our reserves, no depth, no talls, nothing other than injury prone players or skinny guys, Voss keeps going to the same injury ridden players who can't last 5 minutes in the seniors before getting injured or play one AFL game and then injured for the 6 weeks, what a joke.
We need to trade for about 4 players who aren't getting a game at other clubs but can come straight in for us.

A full forward , a centre half back, and two fast running midfielders.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mitch McGovern on 3AW

On the last month of footy. Yeh, we reckon it’s our contested work both inside and out. Whether we absorb it or bring it, it’s just not where we want it to be.

I think most of us see this. The question is why and why for so long?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure if you took the two best forwards from every team, their forward line would be mediocre.

That said, we had Fog and Owies with Charlie playing without Harry for a long stretch last year, and how did we go? We won something like 6 on the trot, and against top four sides during that run. That it's not working as well tells me it's more system and coaching than personnel.
Exactly what I was going to say. We won a lot of games without Harry last year so let's use that set up ... Providing we have the other personnel we had...might be missing SOS...not sure

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

One of my biggest takeaways from this game is that De Koning's incredible clearance work has been masking a truly inept midfield setup this season.

Some of our best wins were off the back of TDK getting rolling at the centre clearances and just forcing the ball forward at will. When it's left to the actual midfielders, we look incredibly basic and come up very very short.

But why has our midfield contested work gone to shit? We were winning games off that phase of the game only last year and it’s absolutely fallen in a heap

It’s also the only phase of a footy game that’s predictable and have any real control over, is that the problem that we are far too predictable?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

But why has our midfield contested work gone to shit? We were winning games off that phase of the game only last year and it’s absolutely fallen in a heap

It’s also the only phase of a footy game that’s predictable and have any real control over, is that the problem that we are far too predictable?

They want to expand our turnover game, but once again they have stepped too far away from our clearance game

I suspect we return to it pretty quickly, starting this week

Completely different and seperate phases, turnover game is from open play and clearances are mainly from stoppages especially centre bounce stoppages which we’ve gone backwards at a significant rate of Knots

100% agree. Issue is it's now a pattern for us and very hard to turn around. I am sure we have been addressing it every week as it's been the core of our game style under Voss. The reason is then why?

In thought it was okay for first half against Port but still wasn't that manic attack we had last year. I don't think we have done it for 4 quarters this year?

Mental or Physical, Personnel or bits of both?

Completely different and seperate phases, turnover game is from open play and clearances are mainly from stoppages especially centre bounce stoppages which we’ve gone backwards at a significant rate of Knots

And you think setup doesn't play a role and how we control the tempo?

Thanks. That's already been pointed out a few times but a few more doesn't hurt. Regardless ... last game one round and first game the next is pretty rare. I'm not sure travelling negates a day of recovery either.
The bigger issue is 3 games in a row on the concrete in 13 days.

Particularly given the North game was such a tough contest. Because it was 2nd v 17th it was never acknowledged what an effort it took to break them.

With the injuries we were ripe for any half decent team to take advantage.

Mitch McGovern on 3AW

On the last month of footy. Yeh, we reckon it’s our contested work both inside and out. Whether we absorb it or bring it, it’s just not where we want it to be.

I think most of us see this. The question is why and why for so long?

we have juniors at our work complaining they never get opportunities to shadow and learn. you provide this without any expectations, then they complain saying the water was too deep.

point being, grasps every opportunity you get and work your a$$ off..then respect will come.

players have been free loading off the back of Cripps for years. Im a bit annoyed because everyone has the ability to improve and do better.

frustration will come, and it wont be from supporters.

“At least we’re not Essendon”

If that’s the benchmark we may as well hand back our AFL license.

Embarrassing.

You could lighten up a little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Back