Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Who played well for the Blues in Round 20 vs the Power?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Best list in the business yet another season about to be wasted.

When is this club going to live up to its potential?

Had a gut full 👎

Best top liners in the comp maybe, but our list is a dog's breakfast quite frankly.

FFS a lot of melters here, wanting to burn the club to the ground.. still got four winnable games to go.. top two maybe a stretch but we should be playing finals.

Possibly, but what have you seen in the last month that tells you that we will find form in the next month?

We were always going to fatigue in the back half of the 3rd and the 4th. Really had to do more in the 3rd to keep that game manageable but we let a couple of late goals hurt us.

As much as I don’t want to seem salty, there really is no excuse for any team to ever be fixtured to play off a 5 day break. It’s all about revenue over fairness. Still should have won regardless but it’s frustrating. Nonetheless, I think we started to fall into a funk by rushing players back from injury a few weeks ago and it has unsettled the lineup. Players are playing in wrong spots as a result. Combine that with injuries and we’re struggling to work out what our best mix is. We need to be better in games at controlling the tempo. We either go all out attack or slow to an absolute crawl and long kick down the line and become stagnant. We need levers in game to find that balance.

Last time we see cunners, bye
He was done years ago, the one thing that drives me crazy is having these players who are rarely available to play on the list, by now we could have developed somebody else. List sizes aren't big enough to keep these types on your list.

We played Durdin last week when he couldn’t get through training with a sore calf. He then injured it in first 10 minutes of game

Who’s making these calls? It’s just stupidity, not that I think young is any good but surely you play him over Durdin if he’s injured.

As you said he got injured in the first 10 minutes, fortunate they won last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking for the right word to describe our situation … but eh won’t go there.

Four weeks ago we decided to drop the in-from Hewett and start fiddling with roles and positions. Then the injuries start to impact and force more changes.

We got ahead of ourselves and it has cost us.
100%. Coaches could not leave well enough alone. Tonight Cinc doing great on Butters, lets move him. Play Cerra off half back when he is oe of our best kicks insider 50. Refuse to give Walsh time on the wing.

Walsh seems incapable of making a decision without first trying to take 8 steps, put him on a wing, and put Cerra in the middle and bring back Boyd. Play players where they are best suited to contriute to the team.

Can’t agree with that last statement. No way this year is a right off, at all.

It wasn't a statement. I said I think we are done. It's an opinion.

I feel that a season littered with injury has finally worn us down. We can't find any continuity, and we can't sustain the pressure level needed to play the way we need to play. Our many role players are found out, when our pressure eases off.

I don't think we can travel interstate in week one of the finals, and expect to win. If we finish top 4 and lose that first week, then we're going interstate again for a prelim at best.

We lack pace and have none to bring in. This game plan is it ... or bust, and it's gruelling.

I always said that barring injury, we are a contender. Well, that didn't work out for us. Mathematically, we can still do something, but the odds are starting to stack up against us. It would be something amazing and against the odds for us to succeed this year IMO.

I don’t know but who do we play instead? The cupboard is bare

I would have played Binns, maybe Lord? Lemmey Monahan Akuei aren't ready or up to it

None of those names thrill me 3 weeks out from finals.

We got conditional footballers happy to ride on their own headlines.

All above the shoulders.

Nobody likes to see injured players cut from the list and it’s also very hard to determine who to persist with but it’s clear we’ve been very unlucky with our persistent injury players.

Can’t really blame anyone for that but, with hindsight, we would have been better off culling harder.

Not without being the hardest working team in the comp. We simply don’t have the class or speed.

Exactly. This is the only way we can win. We need our best team out there to do this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 20 Loss to Port - Top 4 in jeopardy

Back