Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Who played well for the Blues in Round 21 vs the Pies?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

wizard of oz dorothy GIF

Boy we play dumb footy
How many times were our inside 50 kicks just up and unders. Not looking to pass to a lead :rolleyes:

Confident we will make finals.

Also confident in the players, we are missing composure and a way to kick inside 50.

E Hollands and Owies probably the only ones tonight who showed any composure with the ball near. The 50.

Walsh getting 30 each week is hurting us. We are better off getting 20 quality ones than the 30 of which 20 are turned over. Again the fact that his game has not changed for 6 weeks is on the coaches.

That Hoskin Elliot can find space is danming on our coaches.

How many kicking in danger the Pies got away with.
I was thinking more of the very obvious throws, the marks paid that should not have been to them, the marks not paid to us, the one handed over the shoulder throw at HF, the push in the back that has not been paid all year...just a couple of issues. I didn't notice KID.

Try to look after yourself tonight. Watch the Olympics. Read the dictionary. Just do whatever necessary to switch off.

We are capable of quality flashes but that makes the pathetic lows even worse. We shouldn’t have even gotten that close but wow, hard to imagine a more painful finish.

Despite the pain, I will happily stand by the club and our players. Vent, but no need for abuse - they would be hurting just as bad, and realistically much worse.

Many many issues on show tonight and over the past 1-2 months. Better to expose them to the cold light of day than mask them in a lukewarm finals series. The club needs to act decisively. Dare I say it: In Cook We Trust.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just can’t believe the coaching or lack of
Bomb it long over and over is this the directions that are given , if not why isn’t anyone been dragged
Forwards aren’t working hard enough. Surely you can see that they aren’t blocking for each other and getting space.

I hate the bombs too but the forwards just group together. It pisses me off

As much as McGovern's kick was pathetic, our kicking for goal all night has cost us. Tired of watching the same old thing:
1. Horrible kicking for goal
2. Play 1 or 2 decent quarters and go missing for the other half.
3. Bomb it long to a congested forward line or kick it to a 1 on 2, 2 on 3 etc

I could go on, but whats the point.

We have a team of decent players, and I don't detect any lack of effort.

But the decision making is catastrophically bad, and the general football intelligence is desperately low.

Recruitment needs to be seriously looked at.
I don’t get that at all. Our recruitment has been good in the last few years, but our contracts have been very bad. 5+ years each of at least 3 players whom have spent more of their time so far injured than playing good football for us. And we hold on way too long to broken players. Our effort is poor across 4 qtrs, and we have no plan b for getting the ball out of defence. We are predictable and teams are punishing us for it.

I reckon the issue is a few weeks ago we looked at the metrics of how we were leaking defensively and we got told to tighten up..as a result we went into our shells and lost the quick ball movement and all confidence.

When we had no choice but to take the game on and attack in the 4th tonight, surprise surprise we looked dangerous. This team and coaching staff needs to stop looking at the metrics so heavily and just play the type of footy that suits us.. move the ball quickly and play surge footy to the big guys. All that matters is the wins, not chasing shadows or trying to make this team something it is not. Play to strengths.

I think Wil Wagner from The Smith Street Band had the Carlton Football Club in mind when he penned these lyrics:

'Things get better but they never get good'

It's a bitter pill.

Let’s write the story of the season and the life of a Carlton supporter for the last 20 odd years when their final siren actually sounds, but man is that the type of loss that make you question why you’ve invested so much time into it all lol.

I’m so glad I have other hobbies that get me over the misery of being a Carlton supporter.

Where was that effort in any of the three previous quarters?

Why can’t we kick straight?

Why do we leave it to Crippa to pull off a miracle?

Why is a good chunk of our list made of balsa wood?

Well done to Pendles. He was enormous in that last quarter.

But stuff me… I hope all this deep pain is for something. Because otherwise… WHY!?!?!?

Oh, and I’m very happy that the Charlie streak is over. We can all move on now.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s not mate. Invest in your other hobbies and keep your interest at arms length. No point in living in hope over something you have zero control over.

It’s a constant let down and distraction supporting this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood 3 point loss - is our season over?

Back