Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

I would 100% have played him over playing Cottrell on the wing. Surely he couldn’t have done much worse?

The issue I have is Voss keeps saying we must reward VFL form

I have my doubts on Binns but wing is an issue at the moment and he has earned a go

Nothing like new talent to lift the energy of a side

I have my doubts on Binns but wing is an issue at the moment and he has earned a go

And how many 1st gamers have we played this year? I can’t remember 1. Surely it must be the lowest amount of any team.

We definitely need an injection of youth imo

I’d say Binns has done well at vfl level this year and imo warrants a call up over the likes of Carroll or 1 of the 3 smalls that do next to nothing if the rest of the team aren’t killing it.

You’re right, Binns is just a name that popped up this week for many but I’ve liked what he has done in the 2s all year.

I would have preferred him in tonight’s lineup over 1 of the smalls as mentioned or Carroll, but that’s just my opinion. I think we need someone else who can find the pill and maybe he might have floundered tonight, but maybe we could have blooded him and he could have done well.

Maybe he comes in for Kemp, would likely have a better footy IQ

This x 1000 Leave Young in and play him back…he can’t be any worse than Kemp

Keep Young in??

How many goals did he leak last time v Pies?

Tonight he didn't gaf out there when the going got tough.

Kemp at least tries his heart out, unfortunately, the brains trust can't realise that he isn't a kpd to match up on tall types that are physically too strong for him + have a height advantage...

Yes, he brain fades and does some dumb things too, he is still learning...

We must settle our backline as much as possible. Cerra needs to gtfo of there... he has no business there whatsoever.

If we're trying to protect his hammy, then it is to the detriment of the team and unacceptable.

Boyd to come back in, stick with:

Newman Weitering Kemp
Saad Gov Boyd

OUT: Cottrell, Carroll, Cunners, Young
IN: Acres, McKay, Boyd, Martin

Cerra should be dropped, but he won't be... protected species it seems... at least throw him back in position and quit piss farting around...

Cowan is starting to be a passenger too... maybe time for him to wear the vest...

I know right. And that’s what I find confusing. Cerra and Cottrell both haven’t been good since coming back imo

That imo was the catalyst for our form slump...

Tried to fix something that wasn't broken and instead ended up breaking it...

Been very stubborn with it too, to the point of playing them out of position just to keep them in the team...

And how many 1st gamers have we played this year? I can’t remember 1. Surely it must be the lowest amount of any team.

We definitely need an injection of youth imo

Like I said in the Port preview... can't have Ollie on one wing and Binns on the other...

So Ollie needs to be dropped to make way for him.

We just can't field a team with two wingers that get brushed aside and offer us next to nothing physically...

Out - Cuningham and figure the rest out later.
In - McKay, Martin, Acres, Boyd

Now or never for Martin.

Cerra at half back isn’t going to work. Get him back in the middle.
Walsh is struggling inside, let him run up and down a wing for a week or two for all our sakes.

Mids need to get it together. Our clearance/stoppage work has gone backwards this year and it was masked by a month of TDK magic.

Young has to stay in. He might not be great but I don’t want to get beaten by Mason Cox holding his hands up and kicking 5 on 192cm Kemp while Weitering plays on McStay.

Going to be a tough ask being Pendles 400th but spoiling a party might be the best way to get our season back on track because right now it’s going down the gurgler.

we definitely rival the pies right now in terms of most disappointing form for a supposedly good team. they've had some recent stinkers. mckay will be an improvement on young who will have to find somewhere else on the ground to be a really tall player.
think we rival the pies for pace as well. our contested game expertise may come to the fore for once.

i assume acres back? also helps.
voss happy to tinker with player roles, but only before the match. hope he finds the right place early on for the players next week.

How many games do you think we will win of the remaining home and away season? I think 1, maybe 2 and, generally I am an optimist but, I really think we have major, major problems which are only going to get worse before they get better.
If McKay, Acres, Boyd and TDK played tonight we win and win well. McKay, Boyd and Acres should be back next week.

No reason not to think we don’t win 2 if not all 4 imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep Young in??

How many goals did he leak last time v Pies?

Tonight he didn't gaf out there when the going got tough.

Kemp at least tries his heart out, unfortunately, the brains trust can't realise that he isn't a kpd to match up on tall types that are physically too strong for him + have a height advantage...

Yes, he brain fades and does some dumb things too, he is still learning...

We must settle our backline as much as possible. Cerra needs to gtfo of there... he has no business there whatsoever.

If we're trying to protect his hammy, then it is to the detriment of the team and unacceptable.

Boyd to come back in, stick with:

Newman Weitering Kemp
Saad Gov Boyd

OUT: Cottrell, Carroll, Cunners, Young
IN: Acres, McKay, Boyd, Martin

Cerra should be dropped, but he won't be... protected species it seems... at least throw him back in position and quit piss farting around...

Cowan is starting to be a passenger too... maybe time for him to wear the vest...

Young is no world beater but we need some more height down back. Cowan is a passenger at the moment perhaps Kemp could go third tall and we drop Cowan and play Gov on a small……

Young on cox next week at least frees up Wietering more….We wasted him on Dixon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk no

Last edited:
He did it with Cerra and Cottrell... why stop there?
The fact that 5 weeks later, neither have earned their spot, our momentum has been destroyed and we are now more likely to finish 9th than 2nd?

That would involve him learning from his mistakes though, something he's yet to prove willing to do.

That'll teach me to shorten my euro trip to get back for the GF.

Go from smashing Geelong to this.

I doubt it's reversible in time. Unless we win out from here, we have no chance of getting there.

If McKay, Acres, Boyd and TDK played tonight we win and win well. McKay, Boyd and Acres should be back next week.

No reason not to think we don’t win 2 if not all 4 imo
I don't think this hides the cracks we have, being exposed around the mid field with lack of speed, aside from Weitering, significant gap with a 2nd big defender & mid sized goalkicking forward.
We now could very well finish 5th-7th and a interstate final, losing 3 of our last 4.

I honestly believe selection integrity has derailed our season.

Hard to judge some players due to roles but has been happening most of the season. For example O Hollands has been in average and poor form but gets a game every week. Fantasia also odd.

Hewett being dropped was odd. Rushing back Cerra and Cotters with no VFL was a poor call.

Cerra playing HB at the expense of actual HB'd like Boyd is nonsense.

Kemp either gets dropped or hung out to dry on horrible matchups. Playing him on Esava when Young was playing forward was frankly insane.

Cowan was dropped for a game early on in the year which was insane. Has been solid and at 19 needs to continue to play while in good form.

Honestly the coaches have a lot to answer for imo.

8 day turnaround will help in a big way

Out Cuners, Kemp, Ollie, Carroll
In Martin, Boyd, Acres, Harry

Stop protecting Cerra's hammies, stick him in the middle

If Martin breaks down, so be it
Oh! So that's why re Cerra.
It ain't working.

Ollie could do with a rest. Let's see.

I choose to remain optimistic.
I can see us coming out and having a glorious victory here.
It would be very Carlton of us.
I'm gonna trust coaches to 'tweak' and change a dew things.
Cerra and Kennedy in the guts. No more
OOP'S PLEASE!!!! (out of positions)
Pitto is just fine.
Bring in Martin
... the changes Arrow suggested are great!

Let's hope we can get Sherriff back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back