Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

This is just my gut feel and my own opinion. I reckon we are setting ourselves for this round onwards and I reckon Russell is behind it.

Time will tell.
Brutal training block has been knocked on the head by some itk’s

But still…

You could be right based on our injuries sore bodies and lack of pressure

No reason why we will not demolish pies on Saturday night. Eight day break, Harry, Blakers and Boyd back in.

Our form over the last five weeks has been ordinary, but still a fair bit better than theirs.

The G suits us much better than marvel, 80,000 plus crowd will help. Naicos is back in good form, Cinc to nullify him.

Walsh could probably do with a rest, but he will play. Like the idea of starting him on a wing and dropping Cotts.

Marchy maybe a chance to replace Young, prefer Caleb. One of them has to play.

We have had a fairly dismal July, yet I believe the turnaround starts with this game.

Blues by 17 points.
Righto let’s do this…even if it’s with / without Marchy 😂😁

Do we send Cincotta to Daicos or Bobby Hill again.

I think he goes to Hill again and Hewett gets Daicos.

Would like to see Young stay in to play on the resting Ruckman (Cox/Cameron) and Kemp to move forward.

I'd play Cincotta on Daicos, can follow him in any arc, but probably won't attend centre bounces

Do we send Cincotta to Daicos or Bobby Hill again.

I think he goes to Hill again and Hewett gets Daicos

I’d try Cottrell on Daicos. Has the engine and needs a role. Just stick with him

IMO Cincotta needs to go back to HB as he is a much more natural player, find more ball and is tougher than Cottrell and will gives us more playing his natural game

Win/Win

Going to be a long week.
I'll be leaning on you guys to get me through lol, highly anxious person who unfortunately lets the Blues dictate his mood 🤦🏻 All our positive energy together, let's kill their season, we owe them.

I’m actually okay with this week. Feel we need the 8 days and with McKay Acres Boyd back we look much better

We also love the G and will get back our energy in front of 80k fans

Strange but feel very relaxed about this one

Can somebody explain to me why Pittonet cant or isn’t ever there to mark a football?

He is 202cm and averages 1.4 marks a game (usually uncontested)… either his positioning is terrible due to bad coaching or he just doesn’t know how to go for a grab , and this is a massive hole in our game with TDK out.

Most teams rely on their ruck (eg Cameron Gawn Grundy list goes on) to take a link up mark on the wing . We really felt that missing with McKay out this week and Curnow having to go and take them (with no one to then kick it to in our forward 50)

Why is pitto not that guy? I don’t understand … he would be a pretty ok ruck if he could be this guy
Here’s a theory.. he’s not a good contested or overhead mark

I’d go with

B: Boyd Young McGovern
HB: Cincotta Weitering Saad
C: Acres Cripps Walsh
HF: Elijah McKay Fogarty
F: Kemp Charlie Owies
Foll: Pittonet Hewett Cerra
Int: Newman Motlop Kennedy Cottrell (Hollands)

Young in for size to help Weitering
Cincotta back to defence
Cottrell to tag Daicos. New role he needs
Boyd on Hill
Kemp fwd and back up ruck. Need it at G and he will thrive
Cerra back on ball and Walsh on a wing as hard running link player
Cowan bloody unlucky but balance forces him out
Hollands fresh legs help later

Good side that should win comfortably

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d go with

Cincotta back to defence
Boyd in Hill
Cerra back on ball and Walsh in a wing as hard running link player

I think Cowan needs to play at the expense of Cottrell. Kemp will struggle rucking against Cox. Young could ruck as Cox will be his direct opponent in the forward line.

I’d go with

Cincotta back to defence
Boyd on Hill
Cerra back on ball and Walsh on a wing as hard running link player

Soapy please explain the thinking behind Cottrell tagging Daicos … I’m having nightmares about this and still haven’t gone to bed yet …

Soapy please explain the thinking behind Cottrell tagging Daicos … I’m having nightmares about this and still haven’t gone to bed yet …

I can’t see Cottrell playing any other role. He can’t find it. Does have the engine to do it

I also want Cincotta back as a running defender. We need his toughness, run and ball use

Just my thoughts

Same as comments re Adam Cerra he played all his football at Fremantle on the wing & inside mid, he did not play at half back.
Check again - this time go past the first thing that pops up in google.

I can’t see Cottrell playing any other role. He can’t find it. Does have the engine to do it

I also want Cincotta back as a running defender. We need his toughness, run and ball use

Just my thoughts
You’re right there is no role for Cottrell unfortunately the quicker we accept this the better … I’d even consider debuting Lord on the big stage …

You’re right there is no role for Cottrell unfortunately the quicker we accept this the better … I’d even consider debuting Lord on the big stage …

I’d love to see that but club seems reluctant.

As for Cottrell (as I have said for months) if he doesn’t have a defined stopping role he is no good

Fogarty coming in has taken his def HF role and you can’t play 2 of them

I also want to release Cincotta. As good as he is shutting down he is a bloody good creative running player from defence

Question for everyone would love to know what you guys think.

IF we don’t make top 4,is it a failed year?

My answer is YES.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hate when people ask the failure question. It really bugs me.

This is worth a minute of peoples lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back