Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

Get the feeling it'll be Hewett or Kennedy sub...

Young going out just had to happen. The bloke isn't up to it and selecting him purely on height would be a mistake.

Plus I doubt Voss forgot about his performance last game against Collingwood... he was dropped straight after that one and we never saw him again until last week...

More than a bit. This is F#ck1ng rediculous. Boyd has been bog average and Cotters should have gone long before Cow, who has been doing an outstanding job back there. Boyd had better play the game of his life.

Not Happy.

I really like Cowan, going to be a lock soon enough, but lacking confidence to take the game on

Ultimately, he was dropped because his defensive game has fallen away a tad recently

If Hewett is sub I’ll fume
Owies will be relegated to sub again, punished for the flying shot at goal he took last week from 50 instead of passing

I really like Cowan, going to be a lock soon enough, but lacking confidence to take the game on

Ultimately, he was dropped because his defensive game has fallen away a tad recently
I thought the opposite. He's been getting back to assist Saad/Kemp a fair bit I thought. If anything his offensive run has suffered.

No real surprises with selection

Closest call would have been Kemp or Young, but suspect Kemp takes McStay and Weitering takes the resting ruckman
Kemp will find himself isolated a lot , think there is feeling (and some evidence)he is very average 1 v 1

Owies as the sub would just be stupid....name me a team in the comp who would start their third highest goal scorer as sub... makes no sense
I 100% agree let them try & matchup

More likely Martin

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kemp will find himself isolated a lot , think there is feeling (and some evidence)he is very average 1 v 1

He has been poor 1 v 1, but it's not capability, it's mindset to play a role

McStay is to quick for Young and Weitering, hence why Kemp remains

If I was the Pies, I'd isolate McStay deep on Kemp

Weitering will be the key here, needs to zone so he can impact a contest while helping Kemp

Disappointed for Cowan.

I believe Ollie goes in as the sub. They need to treat this like a final.

I think they might give our backline some matchup headaches. Not certain there's an ideal matchup for either Weitering or McGovern. Fearful that they're going to turn us around quite a lot. Newman, Saad and Boyd really under the pump this week. Hopefully Cotts and Acres can help them with Elijah pushing up too.

I think his issue is dealing with opponents bigger than him. Hes a more than solid interceptor and reads the play reasonably well, just don’t get him into a battle of strength against a bigger opponent

Weiters running 15ks in a game surprises me.

It doesn't really for me. He's constantly moving from one side of the ground to the other and back again when we have possession. Then gets back onto his opponent. Watching him live properly (was sitting right near the 50 at the Geelong game) was an eye-opening experience to how much ground he actually covers.

Edit: Saw the image was from that game. Not surprised.

He has been poor 1 v 1, but it's not capability, it's mindset to play a role

McStay is to quick for Young and Weitering, hence why Kemp remains

If I was the Pies, I'd isolate McStay deep on Kemp

Weitering will be the key here, needs to zone so he can impact a contest while helping Kemp
I think that people get blinded by Kemp because he is so good when he can just run and jump at the ball. Just really struggles in bodying up and when he is bodied up. This has really been exacerbated by the amount of time that teams have in delivering the ball forward currently. As you say, teams have just been playing three talls up forward knowing we will struggle to control all three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back