Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

Cottrell should have come back via the 2’s, it’s a philosophical change of thought process that needs to start happening at Carlton.
Fitness and more importantly being selected on form is paramount to team and club dynamic.
I don't think it's a philosophical change that it necessary, but it was clearly a mistake to bring Cerra and Cottrell straight in without playing in the 2s.

Coming out of our back line, we need deny the Pies tge footy and or the opportunity to turn it over.

Need to find short hitup targets, switch and or come in board, spreading the ground and then take off if the opportunity arises

We turn it over in our back half, they'll hurt us

Need to get back to brutal frontal pressure

I’d say Kemp has been a much bigger liability, and I’m not saying it’s his fault as he’s being asked to play on much bigger opponents.

Kemp cannot play on those opponents, it’s as plain as day and is costing us big time.

I actually think it’s throwing out the whole backline cohesion as others are in two minds about whether to help Kemp out or not when they should have the confidence to back a teammate in especially against key forward spuds that are being made to look very serviceable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I think Kemp's recent struggles are connected to the midfield being beaten and our forward's inability to lock the ball in their area.
It's more the ease and regularity of opposition forward thrusts that is making our defender's look ordinary.

I think Kemp's recent struggles are connected to the midfield being beaten and our forward's inability to lock the ball in their area.
It's more the ease and regularity of opposition forward thrusts that is making our defender's look ordinary.
So only Kemp has struggled in that regard, because it hasn't affected all of our defenders

So only Kemp has struggled in that regard, because it hasn't affected all of our defenders
Kemp, and our defence were fine before the midfield woes developed.
And the midfield was adequate with TDK playing and the forwards applying more pressure.

I just think that Kemp gets singled out for criticism more than the out of form mids.

His struggles are wholly because he’s being asked to play on mountains he’s not equipped to play on, he should be playing on medium to small high marking targets and be zoning off to use his own marking prowess and kicking as weapons.

Pretty much exactly how Brackets plays is his go

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Which Young was in the team at that time? What is missing? :laughv1:

They also combined for 1 goal the second match last year... when Young didn't play... and the first match last year... 1 goal combined... Young did play

So I suppose what you're missing is two things:

1 - historically, they haven't been a threat in terms of kicking goals... regardless of whether Young plays or not...
2 - a memory of what happened when we played them the first time this year

Kemp, and our defence were fine before the midfield woes developed.
And the midfield was adequate with TDK playing and the forwards applying more pressure.

I just think that Kemp gets singled out for criticism more than the out of form mids.

Kemp wasn't fine before our mids started to struggle, it just exacerbated his defensive weaknesses

We need to stop making excuses for some players while lambasting others

All players, none should be immune from fair and reasonable analysis

As a player, you might miss a kick, a mark, etc, but there is no excuse for bad positioning or being selfish, whether that's Walsh, Ollie Cripps or anyone on the list

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would it? He’s out of form, just like 75% of the team at the moment. Doesn’t mean it was objectively the wrong decision to bring him back in

I thought it was inherent knowledge that people post here based on their opinion?

Cottrell out of form, missed what 2 months of footy and he's brought straight back in and you think that was the right move? Ok, based on what exactly? Was 75% of the team out of form when he was selected to come straight back in?

Cottrell is a handy role player, but when he's out for 2 months, he needs to build up some form in the 2's before Voss starts shuffling in form players around to slot him in.

Just beat em, whether by 1 point or 60
Was thinking of putting a few shekels on the Blues but punters have backed us in to 1.53 :think: Perhaps the less than 40 points at 2.12 might be the go.

I thought it was inherent knowledge that people post here based on their opinion?

Cottrell out of form, missed what 2 months of footy and he's brought straight back in and you think that was the right move? Ok, based on what exactly? Was 75% of the team out of form when he was selected to come straight back in?

Cottrell is a handy role player, but when he's out for 2 months, he needs to build up some form in the 2's before Voss starts shuffling in form players around to slot him in.
I get your point. However that defensive high forward role that Cottrell plays was being played by Fantasia prior to him coming back. Most on here wanted Fantasia taken out the back and shot, let alone be omitted.

So it's not just whether Cottrell was bought back too early. The real question is whether we would have been better served with Fantasia in the seniors whilst Cottrell came back through the reserves?

I get your point. However that defensive high forward role that Cottrell plays was being played by Fantasia prior to him coming back. Most on here wanted Fantasia taken out the back and shot, let alone be omitted.

So it's not just whether Cottrell was bought back too early. The real question is whether we would have been better served with Fantasia in the seniors whilst Cottrell came back through the reserves?

Could we have both in the reserves?

Definitely part of it. Our entire defence has struggled because of this. No matter how good a defence is if the ball is coming in easy they will struggle

For all the analysis and bit and pieces that go on I still believe our midfield struggles and lack of pressure is the biggest issue. Fix that and we are way better

The Pendles wank fest has been something else.

Tops the Dusty one that we copped.

Oh yeah, I forgot that he saved his 300th for us. We rained on that parade too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back