Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

I’m so ready for a win it’s not funny. Watching the dogs tonight we played pretty well v them a few weeks back considering their form line but geez they’re insane currently. Free flowing aggressive footy. Even Jamarra is playing footy I wish Charlie was capable of. Just crashing packs and getting off the chain.
Charlie would have him for breakfast - Doggies have a fit side playing at their best - atm- that could change real fast. This year is a week to week proposition for every team.

It's the same whipping boys targeted each week
I understand people have their views and biases- dont ever ask me what I thought of 'Emu' back in the day- just watching him play made my blood boil.

Charlie would have him for breakfast - Doggies have a fit side playing at their best - atm- that could change real fast. This year is a week to week proposition for every team.
I thought that Charlie moved as well last week as he has for a fair while. Just got worn down at the end by trying so hard to be everywhere. Reckon he's cherry ripe to rip a team apart shortly.

I’m so ready for a win it’s not funny. Watching the dogs tonight we played pretty well v them a few weeks back considering their form line but geez they’re insane currently. Free flowing aggressive footy. Even Jamarra is playing footy I wish Charlie was capable of. Just crashing packs and getting off the chain.

Kicked 2 goals and missed 6...

Charlie kicked 2 against them when they were travelling a LOT better than they are now...

Plus, it also helps that May got injured...

Back on Cottrell bagging again, a bloke that was taken as a late pick

Would you believe Ollie had a lower rated game last week

Amazing that Cottrell could outlast, SOFT, flaky, previous top 10 draft picks

Not sure draft pick no. has ever been raised and certainly nothing to do with these conversations re: Cotts.
As for Ollie…..whipping boys did you say?
I think your last line is uncalled for but I’m not a moderator.

I suspect that showing that Cottrell was one of our best players in a huge final is kind of the opposite of BlueBoys comment that he is "likely to let you down when the real heat comes".

But that's only my opinion. :thumbsu:
Only if you didn’t read my comment closely and instead choose to misinterpret it to suit your argument - which is your standard approach.

Not sure draft pick no. has ever been raised and certainly nothing to do with these conversations re: Cotts.
As for Ollie…..whipping boys did you say?
I think your last line is uncalled for but I’m not a moderator.

Given the focus on one player over past couple of weeks in preview and autopsy threads, by a section of the supporter base, I think facts are just as valid

No, I wasn't calling Ollie soft, far from it

Cottrell I reckon is under the microscope more because he was brought straight back in like as if he's Sam Walsh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cottrell I reckon is under the microscope more because he was brought straight back in like as if he's Sam Walsh...

Nah, that isn't the reason for some posters

Cerra is also well down on form, but hasn't copped the same vitriol

The lack of form by the majority of our players over the last month is actually more reflective of how the side as a whole has been down

Nah, that isn't the reason for some posters

Cerra is also well down on form, but hasn't copped the same vitriol

The lack of form by the majority of our players over the last month is actually more reflective of how the side as a whole has been down

Some posters, sure. They don't rate Cottrell to begin with so when he isn't performing well, they pile on.

Cerra hasn't copped the same, but he has been copping it. Cerra has more runs on the board and people know he's a game changer.

I still stand by what I said about bringing him straight back in. Hasn't done him or anyone else any favours. Had he been given a couple weeks in the 2's, then he wouldn't cop it as much. Our form slump still would've happened, but bringing him back in after we've already played a couple poor games would've taken some of the spot light off him.

Our lack of form, is because of mindset and as a result, our midfield is being beaten and the domino effect of that is, our team defence looks rubbish.

If you've got someone else that can do that unselfish 16km constant defensive running to close gaps. Obviously the match committee doesn't believe that there is anyone else that fits the bill. Who do you see as capable of that role that isn't currently in the senior team?
16km running closing gaps? Or 16km running because he's never in the right spot and always chasing an opponent.

Back on Cottrell bagging again, a bloke that was taken as a late pick

Would you believe Ollie had a lower rated game last week

Amazing that Cottrell could outlast, SOFT, flaky, previous top 10 draft picks
Where aplayer was taken is completely irrelevant. Completely. How are they playing? Good or shit..... Think that's easy to answer.

I thought that Charlie moved as well last week as he has for a fair while. Just got worn down at the end by trying so hard to be everywhere. Reckon he's cherry ripe to rip a team apart shortly.
Certainly didn't help when we vacated the forward line and he was fighting 4 players zoning around him in every possible lead direction. Without help....

Some posters, sure. They don't rate Cottrell to begin with so when he isn't performing well, they pile on.

Cerra hasn't copped the same, but he has been copping it. Cerra has more runs on the board and people know he's a game changer.

I still stand by what I said about bringing him straight back in. Hasn't done him or anyone else any favours. Had he been given a couple weeks in the 2's, then he wouldn't cop it as much. Our form slump still would've happened, but bringing him back in after we've already played a couple poor games would've taken some of the spot light off him.

Our lack of form, is because of mindset and as a result, our midfield is being beaten and the domino effect of that is, our team defence looks rubbish.
For some, this agenda with Cottrell has been going on since the start of the year, it's quite pathetic

It's the same handful of players listed ins and outs every week, it seems the stat sheet is the go to for analysis

Role players will struggle when the side as a whole is playing poorly, it's that simple

16km running closing gaps? Or 16km running because he's never in the right spot and always chasing an opponent.

It's a bit of both.

When he plays on the wing, he gets lost more.

We need to stop being so stubborn. Having players like Ollie and Cottrell on a wing is hurting us.

Ollie because he's not physically ready yet and Cottrell because he just can't play the position well.

I'll say it again, we should try mixing it up a little and put Walsh there.

Walsh Cripps Acres
Pitto Cerra Hewett

Walsh is having trouble as a follower, he's not able to break tackles and his body is getting beat down. Free him up a bit and put Cerra back in there where he belongs.

For some, this agenda with Cottrell has been going on since the start of the year, it's quite pathetic

It's the same handful of players listed ins and outs every week, it seems the stat sheet is the go to for analysis

Role players will struggle when the side as a whole is playing poorly, it's that simple

Yeah well... some people want to drop Kennedy and Pitto every week too...

I don't think it's an agenda though, he hasn't been performing - including at the start of the season when we were winning games, it took him a while to get going.

People just voice their frustrations here, its an out for some. You did the same re Kemp for a while, a kid who still hasn't even played 50 games...

Yeah well... some people want to drop Kennedy and Pitto every week too...

I don't think it's an agenda though, he hasn't been performing - including at the start of the season when we were winning games, it took him a while to get going.

People just voice their frustrations here, its an out for some. You did the same re Kemp for a while, a kid who still hasn't even played 50 games...

I'll share strengths and weaknesses about every player

I suggested last game that if Walsh continues to play selfish footy, he should be dropped.

If people want to push agendas regarding certain players on this board, that's their prerogative, and if a certain section want to join the conga line, that's their choice

But at some point it gets tedious, so they will probably face some resistance and or rebuttals

But, worst of all, when it's rolled out as being ITK, that a certain player is only being picked because of injury, people will call it out as BS

Last edited:
It's a bit of both.

When he plays on the wing, he gets lost more.

We need to stop being so stubborn. Having players like Ollie and Cottrell on a wing is hurting us.

Ollie because he's not physically ready yet and Cottrell because he just can't play the position well.

I'll say it again, we should try mixing it up a little and put Walsh there.

Walsh Cripps Acres
Pitto Cerra Hewett

Walsh is having trouble as a follower, he's not able to break tackles and his body is getting beat down. Free him up a bit and put Cerra back in there where he belongs.

Agree wholeheartedly. Our setup is wrong. Prefer Cotts to O Hollands (hard to see us going far with Hollands as starting wing), but my preference is also for Walsh and for the same reasons. The midfield isn’t working for him at the moment - he’s not playing well and he’s getting beat up.

Cez back into the middle. He’s only of benefit in defence if they start using him as a quarter-back, which could work with his penetrating kick, but his best footy has been as a mid (and it was top shelf last year). He didn’t have a touch in the third last week at half-back (nor a tackle) and had 2 at half-forward in the last.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back