Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

I'll share strengths and weaknesses about every player

I suggested last game that if Walsh continues to play selfish footy, he should be dropped.

If people want to push agendas regarding certain players on this board, that's their prerogative, and if a certain section want to join the conga line, that's their choice

But at some it gets tedious, so they will probably face some resistance and or rebuttals

But, worst of all, when it's rolled out as being ITK, that a certain player is only being picked because of injury, people will call it out as BS

Yeah but let's be honest, you called out Kemp's weaknesses a lot more than his strengths for quite a while... and you were happy to call for him to be dropped as soon as he played a poor game.

I know you don't have an agenda, but some would have seen it that way...

We all have players we rate and players we don't. Cottrell isn't the flashiest player so he's going to have his critics when he doesn't perform for extended periods. It happened at the start of the season when he was quite average for the first month and it's happening now.

Again, I doubt it's an agenda... to achieve what exactly? It's not like Voss jumps on here with the sc to take our advice.

Yeah but let's be honest, you called out Kemp's weaknesses a lot more than his strengths for quite a while... and you were happy to call for him to be dropped as soon as he played a poor game.

I think Kemp is a special talent, but he isn't embracing team ethos and or staying in his lane which is frustrating.

This has now been confirmed by a reputable ITK

We all have players we rate and players we don't. Cottrell isn't the flashiest player so he's going to have his critics when he doesn't perform for extended periods. It happened at the start of the season when he was quite average for the first month and it's happening now.
Again, the focus on one role player is over the top IMHO, and a couple others have copped similar focus, which is people's prerogative, so a counter opinion is just as valid

Again, I doubt it's an agenda... to achieve what exactly? It's not like Voss jumps on here with the sc to take our advice.

Who would know

I think Kemp is a special talent, but he isn't embracing team ethos and or staying in his lane which is frustrating.

Again, the focus on one role player is over the top IMHO, and a couple others have copped similar focus, which is people's prerogative, so a counter opinion is just as valid

Who would know

tbf, Young has copped it a lot too... Ollie has had critics, that one is really puzzling for me... he's only 20.

Cottrell wasn't out there when we hit a rich vein of form... another thing working against him. No doubt he would have featured prominently in some of our better wins from GC-Richmond like he did earlier in the year against GWS and people would see his value a bit more and probably lay off him a bit.

Not sure why everyone is so obsessed with Pendles 400.

Surely the real story here is Jack Martin? 150 games is incredible when you play about 5 per year. :p

I've done the maths and the bloke is actually nearing 50 .... pretty sure.

Scott who?

:drunk:

Jack Martin will be ready, most underestimate how important his presence is in our fwd line, we don't have a guy like him

Jack Martin will be ready, most underestimate how important his presence is in our fwd line, we don't have a guy like him

I don’t think we underestimate him at all we just get frustrated cause he’s never on the park.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Career avg for kicks handballs tackles and defensive pressure all below AFL average

I know I am not an AFL coach or entitled to an opinion but I’d prefer a player that gets kicks, handballs and can tackle or at least does one area well. That’s just me
👍

This guarding space business… can’t believe it has become a thing 🤦

(Log in to remove this ad.)

that is interesting info. I am wondering if that is because he may feel he has to cover for Gov all the time as Gov is not accountable in defense.

Tonight we will be primed to spoil the pies party. No longer will we see player's played out of position. Vossy will want all his bulls on the ball. Instructions will be go hard or go home.

We have had a very poor month, now is the time to turn it around. Pitt needs to lift, Cerra, Walsh, Cotts, Ollie, all need to.

Having Blakres, Harry and Jack back will make an enormous difference. Great to see Kemp in as well. Think maybe we have seen the last of Young now, definitely break glass in an emergency only.

Not worried about Big Cox, as some other posters are. He is way past his best, has not done anything this season. I expect to see our defensive unit play with more cohesion and purpose.

Midfield will dominate in the first quarter and hopefully will not take their foot off the throttle for the full game. Bam Bam will love playing back in his natural position again. Cerra as well. Maybe Walsh out on the wing, could really help him.

Got a lot of time for Pendles, a champion of the game and a champion fella. But, now is not the time for sentiment. We simply must return to our best tonight and show that we are still a flag threat. And I think we will.

Jack Martin now becomes our single most important player for the rest of the season imo. He will need extended breaks on the pine, they will have to nurse him a fair bit. Just praying that he can hold together and that he can start to build some form as we run into September.

This is his 11th season and he’s only played 1 game so far this year. Took a great mark and kicked a goal but was pretty quiet after that - ended up with 4 kicks, 2 handballs and 4 clangers.

Most of the time we don’t have him, let alone a guy like him. 😃

He doesn’t?, Damn, all that energy I wasted on all those posts.
Maybe I should write some dot points on a banner next time I go to a game 😝

I don’t think we underestimate him at all we just get frustrated cause he’s never on the park.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I’ve always rated him very highly, and his presence in the side in general, not just the fwd line, however, this is the first year I’ve felt that we have someone who can cover his particular skill set with Elijah, and now I think time has finally run out for him (his body) unless he produces some remarkable footy in the next few weeks and finals (if we don’t blow the chance).

Long shot here but if anyone can’t make it and is selling their ticket(s). Please pm me. Would love to be there supporting the boys tonight.

Not sure why everyone is so obsessed with Pendles 400.

Surely the real story here is Jack Martin? 150 games is incredible when you play about 5 per year. :p

I've done the maths and the bloke is actually nearing 50 .... pretty sure.

Scott who?

:drunk:
Still shits craig Bradley’s 460 odd games of top tier football isn’t recognised. If he was born in Vic would probably be the most games played holder

that is interesting info. I am wondering if that is because he may feel he has to cover for Gov all the time as Gov is not accountable in defense.
A lot more of a focus in the media is now being made of Gov’s lack of accountability down back.I get he is the interceptor but being paper thin in the KPD stocks he has to do more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back