Preview 2024 Rd 21 Carlton vs Collingwood Saturday 3rd August 7:30PM AEST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team is in …

IMG_8144.jpeg

MILESTONE: Jack Martin 150 AFL Games

IMG_8145.jpeg

Man this place needs a good win, quick smart. Can eat our own like the Tuggers when things get a bit difficult.

They are recognised, but they weren’t all in this competition. Bizarre viewpoint.
Nah, is a valid point imo. Had Braddles been a Vic lad then, basically every game he played in the SANFL, would have translated to VFL games. Got to bear in mind that state leagues were a lot stronger back then, nothing like what we see today in the VFL for example.

It's time to Man-Up fellas ... no ifs buts or excuses ... get it done ... not only is it the filth... Top 4 and flag chance is on the line. Bloody obvious ... we need this one. Something about being 5th just doesn't sit right. Top 4 or forget it :cool:

Last edited:
Some of the reasonings for some players roles/worth are so funny….

Owies kicks goals…yeah but what else does he do 😂😂

Cottrell guards space….very important job 😂😂

No individualised stats for corralling, blocking, shepherds, sacrificial leads to open up space, guarding leading lane space, zone defence, etc, etc

Owies, I find a really strange one. Other clubs would love to get their hands on him, yet he does not get so much love on here. He is our third highest goal kicker again this year, so you have to say, he is doing his job.

Smart player who gets to dangerous positions and reaps the rewards. Criticism's of him are, he gets in Harrys and Charlies way and is poor below his knees.

He plays with real passion, yet lacks polish. He is definitely best 18 atm, however if we had a player like Rankine, Pickett, Stengle or Papley he would not get a look in very often imo.

Been hugely impressed with young Watson for the dawks this season. Should have a sensational career, the wizard. Wish he was one of ours.

that is interesting info. I am wondering if that is because he may feel he has to cover for Gov all the time as Gov is not accountable in defense.
We want to forgive some players no matter what, it's Gov's fault if someone else isn't doing the right thing....please.
McGovern plays his role pretty well, makes a big difference to us when he's in the side. I like Kemp as well but he still has some way to go, McGovern is streets ahead of him right now.

I’d add McGovern, kicks well but how does he defend?
He plays his role very well, if you're expecting him to be a lockdown defender then I'm sorry, he'll never meet your expectations. This is the problem with not having a second KPD. It shouldn't be on Gov or Kemp to play the role.

The funny thing is that if Owies weren't kicking goals and instead getting 15 touches people would be asking what the value was in a small forward who didn't kick goals :tearsofjoy:

Guarding space is a thing, it prevents opposition from looking up and seeing a clear exit from our forward 50, I don't think that it's too difficult to understand.

These are roles given to players by the coaches, if they weren't performing their roles as per instruction they wouldn't be playing.

Footy has changed over the years, way back when none of this would have made much sense, but nowadays it's very different.

If you told me years ago that one day players would be kicking sideways and backwards more than straight down the line I would have laughed too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funny thing is that if Owies weren't kicking goals and instead getting 15 touches people would be asking what the value was in a small forward who didn't kick goals :tearsofjoy:

Guarding space is a thing, it prevents opposition from looking up and seeing a clear exit from our forward 50, I don't think that it's too difficult to understand.

These are roles given to players by the coaches, if they weren't performing their roles as per instruction they wouldn't be playing.

Footy has changed over the years, way back when none of this would have made much sense, but nowadays it's very different.

If you told me years ago that one day players would be kicking sideways and backwards more than straight down the line I would have laughed too.
Yeah - I’m not having a dig at players….its more their roles given to them as you’ve pointed out…

But the Owies not doing much else but kicking goals one is hilarious 😂

We want to forgive some players no matter what, it's Gov's fault if someone else isn't doing the right thing....please.
McGovern plays his role pretty well, makes a big difference to us when he's in the side. I like Kemp as well but he still has some way to go, McGovern is streets ahead of him right now.
Not asking Gov to be a lock down defender just a defender who is accountable for his opponent. Gov plays loose and slips over a lot, which puts pressure on the other defenders to cover. When Gov is on his feet and intercepting he looks great and is an asset.
My point is that everyone is crucifying Kemp but giving Gov a free ride.

Not asking Gov to be a lock down defender just a defender who is accountable for his opponent. Gov plays loose and slips over a lot, which puts pressure on the other defenders to cover. When Gov is on his feet and intercepting he looks great and is an asset.
My point is that everyone is crucifying Kemp but giving Gov a free ride.
Who is crucifying Kemp? He's still young, he's still learning his craft, regardless of those things I think that he is being asked to play a role that he just shouldn't be due to the lack of a better option.

Gov is , at this time, a better, more developed player than what Kemp is.
I'm yet to be convinced that Kemp should be playing in defence. Gov had to work hard to gain respect from us Carlton supporters, it wasn't long ago that he was a whipping boy himself.

Good afternoon all :cool:

I hate that Filth of a club.

We need to spoil Pendles party and end their season once and for all!

GO. BLUES.

GDB.gif

images

Charlie would have him for breakfast - Doggies have a fit side playing at their best - atm- that could change real fast. This year is a week to week proposition for every team.
Myfavorite thing.
Overhyping of Doggies.:rolleyes:
Every year.
Melbourne...playing like shite. But now it' all 'superstar doggies'
I say good.
Wind 'em up.
Can't wait til they get smashed in finals. Hopefully by Swans in Sydney or Brisbane at home. If it's against us at our best, that will be perfect.

Man this place needs a good win, quick smart. Can eat our own like the Tuggers when things get a bit difficult.

I couldn't eat Cripps ... way too tough. Cut me off a slice of Cunners though, that meat just falls off the bone.

Myfavorite thing.
Overhyping of Doggies.:rolleyes:
Every year.
Melbourne...playing like shite. But now it' all 'superstar doggies'
I say good.
Wind 'em up.
Can't wait til they get smashed in finals. Hopefully by Swans in Sydney or Brisbane at home. If it's against us at our best, that will be perfect.
Said this to a few mates the other day. Reckon the dogs and Freo only win maximum one final combined. And I reckon if we play either of them, we’ll win

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back