Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The longer the week has gone the more I think we will go Lemmy…they have a young key fwd/ruck as well in Williams

Darling, Allan, Williams and Waterman is fairly tall so we will need at least 3 talls and Cowan down back

Young comes in and potentially releases Gov/Kemp forward….you would assume Kennedy plays forward as well…he’s done it before in Perth

Edit Ryan Maric listed at 196 as well…land of the giants??

FB.....Cowan ..Young..Kemp
HB....Newman..Gov..Cincotta
C......Ollie..Cripps..Acres
HF.....Elijah..Lemmey..Williams
FF.....Motlop..Weits..Owies
FOL..Pitto..Walsh..Hewett
INT...Kennedy..Lord..Akuei(relief ruck)..Carroll
I like Weitering at full forward. He would now be our best forward. He is our strongest under a mark on our list regardless. Our smalls Williams, Motlop, Owies etc would read front & center to him better than they have been showing to Curnow & Mckay because of the latter 2 athleticism. (As a side note, Weitering should be used in the forward line more often for a short while in games regardless, when teams are flooding us.)

Our strength in the midfield is still intact. We need them to fire & try and win this game rather than hope to defend.

If Eagles dominate in the air in defence we will become flat footed and overrun. Weitering will help immensely whilst Young can try to hold Allen at the other end. Kemp & McGovern to work around Young.

Bring in Lord & Carroll to bolster mids as you will require Kennedy/Cripps to do more in the forward line.

1 to 2 inches of rain expected on Friday/ Saturday/Sunday - Perth is a lottery this time of year. Will pour down rain then the sun is out for an hour.

Personally I wouldn’t go too tall. Play the hard contested guys. Tell our mids to get the ball moving forward but out to the flanks not on top of guys heads.

VFL plays Sunday 11.05am at IKON Park.

When we travel to Perth we take at least two, sometimes three emergencies with us.

The VFL side will be unrecognisable this weekend. Might have 3 or 4 AFL listed players at most
Where do we get the players from?

VFL plays Sunday 11.05am at IKON Park.

When we travel to Perth we take at least two, sometimes three emergencies with us.

The VFL side will be unrecognisable this weekend. Might have 3 or 4 AFL listed players at most
might finally see tyson sruk get his chance in the VFL, been killing it at rowville in the efnl

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will go down as the strangest season I can recall, both in terms of our club's highs and lows and those of the whole competition.

Not expecting too much from those who will come in to play this week, just want to see effort and some positive signs from the younger players. If they can get the win this week it will be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back