Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah you don't beat a near full strength Geelong by 10 goals if you're not a contender

So we’re hanging our hat on one good game are we?

Reality is we’ve been sporadically good since the minute Voss joined the club, but some point you’ve got to ask yourself why is the club not capable of doing it consistently for long enough.

Nobody is questioning the potential. But the clock is ticking, our list profile gives us another 2-3 years to contend, and right now we are a long way off it.

If the administration can’t get the playing group consistently fit and motivated it’s time for them to go.

A late run in 2023 painted over the cracks.

Now it’s time for Cook to live up to his reputation and do something.

So we’re hanging our hat on one good game are we?

Reality is we’ve been sporadically good since the minute Voss joined the club, but some point you’ve got to ask yourself why is the club not capable of doing it consistently for long enough.

Nobody is questioning the potential. But the clock is ticking, our list profile gives us another 2-3 years to contend, and right now we are a long way off it.

If the administration can’t get the playing group consistently fit and motivated it’s time for them to go.

A late run in 2023 painted over the cracks.

Now it’s time for Cook to live up to his reputation and do something.
So what about if it's the players? Most of this group have had 3 coaches now. Maybe they can't grasp a gameplan. Maybe they believe in their own hope, (no reason to.) Maybe we have picked players with low iq.

Most of the below is what I see as likely to happen rather than what I'd like to happen.
As finals are still on the line, the MC are going to pick the side they think can win the game rather than blooding all the kids.
Some younger guys will get experience by way of no one else available anyway.

I think we will rotate Cripps/Kennedy as the second tall up forward. (I'd prefer we took a punt on Lemmey but can't see it happening)
Young will play forward to play second ruck even though I'd prefer McGovern or Kemp there.
Also think Pittonet will spend minutes resting up forward as well rather than more time on the bench.
Williams or O Hollands will go back to the back 7. I'm guessing Williams.

OUT - Curnow, McKay, Martin, Fogarty, Boyd, Saad
IN - Young, Fantasia (if fit), C Durdin, Lord, Carroll, Binns

B - Cowan, Weitering, Kemp
HB - Newman, McGovern, Williams
C - Acres Kennedy O Hollands
HF - E Hollands, Cripps, Fantasia
FF - Motlop, Young, Owies
R - Pittonet, Hewett, Walsh
I - C Durdin, Lord, Carroll, Cincotta
Sub - Binns

So what about if it's the players? Most of this group have had 3 coaches now. Maybe they can't grasp a gameplan. Maybe they believe in their own hope, (no reason to.) Maybe we have picked players with low iq.

Who scouts the players?
Who drafts the players?
Who trains the players?
Who picks the players?
Who coaches the players?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m also in the excited camp, excited to see how some of our young pups fair.

With Gov and Barass in the defensive half it’s absolutely key to keep our forward 50 entries low and flat. We should have an advantage on the deck and we need to have lock it in thereafter. Personally I think playing Lemmey and Young in attack could be a disaster in waiting so I’m in favor of something a little bolder / more aggressive. Whether that’s playing both Kemp and Gov alongside Lemmey or even going a combination of Lemmey and Weiters. Clearly this is our opportunity to try something. We could also look at Crippa playing a 70/30 forward mid split giving us an additional aerial presence.

Most of the below is what I see as likely to happen rather than what I'd like to happen.
As finals are still on the line, the MC are going to pick the side they think can win the game rather than blooding all the kids.
Some younger guys will get experience by way of no one else available anyway.

I think we will rotate Cripps/Kennedy as the second tall up forward. (I'd prefer we took a punt on Lemmey but can't see it happening)
Young will play forward to play second ruck even though I'd prefer McGovern or Kemp there.
Also think Pittonet will spend minutes resting up forward as well rather than more time on the bench.
Williams or O Hollands will go back to the back 7. I'm guessing Williams.

OUT - Curnow, McKay, Martin, Fogarty, Boyd, Saad
IN - Young, Fantasia (if fit), C Durdin, Lord, Carroll, Binns

B - Cowan, Weitering, Kemp
HB - Newman, McGovern, Williams
C - Acres Kennedy O Hollands
HF - E Hollands, Cripps, Fantasia
FF - Motlop, Young, Owies
R - Pittonet, Hewett, Walsh
I - C Durdin, Lord, Carroll, Cincotta
Sub - Binns

I agree with the Kennedy, Cripps plan
Agree on Young and also prefer Kemp or McGovern forward but as a 2nd ruck Young has to play somewhere
Didn’t think Fantasia or Durdin were fit but if they are then agree as we need someone to kick goals

The scary part?
What if someone debuts and has a blinder?
Lemme comes in and kicks 5?
Lord gets 30+ and a rising star nomination?
Wilson debuts and kicks arse?

Highly unlikely but my point is that they'd probably get dropped for a hammy return anyway, such is the backward mindset of our mc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back