Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy for Lord, but if Binns can't get a game after 2 solid VFL seasons and a likely VFL B&F, with 17 players on the injury list, against a bottom 3 side, then there's something wrong.
Should've played a handful of games this year. The good sides blood their kids while surrounded by seasoned bodies.

Happy for Lord, but if Binns can't get a game after 2 solid VFL seasons and a likely VFL B&F, with 17 players on the injury list, against a bottom 3 side, then there's something wrong.
Should've played a handful of games this year. The good sides blood their kids while surrounded by seasoned bodies.
He's already debuted as a sub.

Binns is a certainty to play this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Durdin & Fantasia play that means Young is the only tall coming in (along with Carroll, Lord, Binns). Charlie & Harry out and we're already just playing one ruck.

If Pittonet is still playing we have to bring in young and lemmey. We can’t be going to Cripps and Kennedy in the ruck majority of the game. We also can’t have zero tall forwards when young rucks. So pitto has to learn to play from the square and Lemmey needs a call up.

Young could play back & relief ruck, with say Kemp and Kennedy forward.

mind you eddie could make something of anything
He could turn a Volkswagen beatle into a Porsche :D .

I am keen to see Akuie given a go at half back.
We have lost Saad and Boyd and we really need to keep Zac up front. (and get involved this week)

He has shown some real improvement and good form in the VFL and he could suprise
offering intercept marking and some real dash out of the back half IMO.

As for the Mirkov talk.........Thanks but no thanks I am afraid. That long running experiment has a few weeks to run
as I highly doubt he will be on our list next year. Ditto Fantasia.

Time for Vossy to get a real cracker up Pitto and get him fired him up.
We need him big time this week as West Coast are weak in the ruck.
Need to take advantage.

Crippa loves going home to play and I have a feeling he is going to play an absolute blinder and inspire
us to victory.

Last edited:
Does Cowan have a bit of toe? On the eye test it feels like he does - but I'm not sure if that's a good observation. Could go midfield in later years. I agree with the suggestion he looks to be a natural midfielder. To be honest, getting looks at the likes of Bolton, Greene etc. like he has on occasion is only going to make him a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back