Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the week has gone on my mood has changed from dire and defeated to excited to see how we respond and whether the group can galvanise.

Further we're going to have to change how we go forward, can't just kick long to the big boys we need to actually think before disposing. We've long lamented lack of alternate playstyle or creative selection decisions, well we've been forced into it now so I'm excited to see how we adapt.

A win here would be huge in galvanising the group. Pressure creates diamonds so lets see if we can do it.

Last edited:
Jack Carroll coming in to play against his future teammates? A lot people in the know believe he's gone at years end and it will be WCE
I'm ok with this, the better sides do a lot of trading out, helps with more frequent list turnover. Geelong would be the kings of it. Unfortunately we have been losing a lot of players due to delistings. I'm happy to trade out quite a few and go really hard on that, depending on what is coming back out way.

They have to try something with Kemp. He is not cutting it in defence. I'd put Young back and throw Kemp forward - 100%
Like to see BK on the wing that can help out down back & offer a marking option forward centre.
Acres up forward as pseudo CHF that can take a good mark and could be a dangerous, mobile target plus ground ball efforts.

Young & McGovern could interchange.
If only the 1 debut, should be a flip of the coin between C.Durdin & Fanta for the sub, though if fit. AF may be favoured to get a full game (until injured).

IMG_1568.jpeg

Newman Wietring Cinc
Walsh Young Cow
Acres Cripps Hollands
Moir Kemp Hollands
Williams Gov Owies
Pitto Hewett Lord
Int: Kennedy Binns, Fantasia Carroll
Sub: Mots

That’s the best I could do. Kemp and Gov forward and Walsh to get some easy ball and run off from the backline.

Young to the backline and hope like hell he plays a good one.

We better play a real forward up forward not a False Alarmer like Young, Mcgovern or Kemp that a defenders or in Mcgovern case hasn't played up forward for years. This is why you have to play Harry Lemmy and draft him to the frontline after 2 years in training he was recruited as a forward 3rd in line after Mckay and Curnow if Tom De Koning also out. The midfielder have to just win the middle kick it to him and all he need is to use his height and lead and the smalls and medium do the ground work. Carlton Football Club don't go West without a tall Forward Lewis Young just can't handle it down forward unfortunately.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pittonet is still playing we have to bring in young and lemmey. We can’t be going to Cripps and Kennedy in the ruck majority of the game. We also can’t have zero tall forwards when young rucks. So pitto has to learn to play from the square and Lemmey needs a call up.
Exactly i reckon it be a bad mistake if their is no real forward we will be kicking to statues or non recruited real tall forward.

Bringing in Fantasia who hasn't played in 4 weeks is asking for trouble
Exactly he better not be in not playing in the 2 that never goes right Durdin might after playing a game but i would prefer Moir in for Fogarty but i expect Durdin will get the call. The last pick would be Lemmy like i said no Curnow no Mckay need a real forward.

6 In 7 in if Pittonet rested

Lord
Binns
Carrol
Young
Durdin
Lemmy

Moir if Durdin not fit enough
Alex Mirkov in to keep Marc Pittonet honest

Bringing in Fantasia who hasn't played in 4 weeks is asking for trouble

Fantasia (if deemed fit) would play a unique role that I don’t think the others have experience in playing - the lanes that Cottrell runs (in a thankless role) took time for Fantasia to learn and help contribute with the spread and with how we move without ball in hand (as well as with ball in hand). I don’t think it’s wise to ask Walsh to play that role. Only other option is Hollands tries that role and Walsh or Elijah tries the wing instead. But practically speaking it’s easier to let Fantasia play that role this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fantasia (if deemed fit) would play a unique role that I don’t think the others have experience in playing - the lanes that Cottrell runs (in a thankless role) took time for Fantasia to learn and help contribute with the spread and with how we move without ball in hand (as well as with ball in hand). I don’t think it’s wise to ask Walsh to play that role. Only other option is Hollands tries that role and Walsh or Elijah tries the wing instead. But practically speaking it’s easier to let Fantasia play that role this weekend.
I wonder how different the role is to what Moir has been doing in the VFL recently?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back