Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are still in finals race and that's where we are. Don't disagree but it's very disappointing

Issue is Lord will play (that's great and right) but my feel is whover is other debutant will be sub. That doesn't excite me at all
Having a smaller forward line could actually be a blessing in disguise. Might force them to change it up and not just bomb the ball long down the line. Need to use the bigger ground with run and carry.

Put Walsh in cotton wool for the remainder of the season. No long term benefit playing him injured now.

Issue is we are still in finals contention. One win could clinch it

No matter what we think about our chances if the club just gave up and put players away that would be very poor for our culture and standards

We MUST fight this season out the best we can

Having a smaller forward line could actually be a blessing in disguise. Might force them to change it up and not just bomb the ball long down the line. Need to use the bigger ground with run and carry.

100% agree.

I am not a big believer that having gun forwards is a massive advantage. IMO ball use inside fwd 50 and how they play as a group is more important. I reckon it's one of our greatest weaknesses as we are to Charlie focussed and predictable

Last edited:

Nah.
Fallacy of sunk costs .

Cut your losses and do something useful with your time for the next fortnight.
You can also do something useful with your time when the team is winning I'm guessing

Nobody puts a gun to your head and forces you to invest in the club

We're all angry, frustrated and annoyed, some of us oldies even more (cause we've seen what successful Carlton looks like and now want to share it with our kids)

Anyway, to each their own

I think it will be Lemmey or Wilson. Issue with Moir is he doesn't have close to the engine yet
If our mids were more two-way runners and helped the defenders, I wouldn't mind Moir being told to just stay in the fwd half of the ground. At some point, a WCE player will need to stay with him which neutralises any numerical advantage.
Also, I hear he's a decent kick. May only need a few opportunities on turnover to kick a goal or two from 30-60m out

They are entitled to their opinion. These comments IMO are no better
I don’t understand being so invested in something that clearly makes them so miserable all the time. If you’re unhappy, remove yourself from the situation, it makes everyone’s lives easier

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we did that the leftover fanbase would resemble st Kilda in numbers and attitude to being shit.
At least it would be something different. Rather than trodding out the same old rubbish attitude we have as a fanbase every time we have a down patch. Been doing the same for 25 years, and guess what? Nothing changes

He ran out the game on the weekend very well. Looked a completely different player, particularly with his defensive efforts.

Disagree. Had lots of bench time and played deep a lot. Issue is at AFL level a fwd has to do a lot of defensive work. Run from defence is now a real weapon. He is improving but will blow up quickly.

I’ve never said they weren’t allowed an opinion Soap. Doesn’t mean they are immune from criticism of said opinions

You told him to stop supporting the club. That's not opinion, it's personal

There are a few on here that it's more about being personal that the club. Don't join them

anyway I've said my bit. We are all on the same side. People vent differently. I just don't like people saying they can't or believe they know how a supporter should act

Last edited:
At least it would be something different. Rather than trodding out the same old rubbish attitude we have as a fanbase every time we have a down patch. Been doing the same for 25 years, and guess what? Nothing changes
this is equally applicable to both sides. The people who vent and the people who don't. Point is it's better to let it be but also pls don't let us be the next st Kilda :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back