Preview 2024 Rd 23 Carlton vs West Coast Sunday 18th August 4.40PM AEST (2:40PM AWST) @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand being so invested in something that clearly makes them so miserable all the time. If you’re unhappy, remove yourself from the situation, it makes everyone’s lives easier

You're obviously not a golfer

Would love to see Akuei get a go. I watched the VFL game last week and he did a couple nice things and looked rather composed early while we were shaky. In normal circumstances not exactly the game to bang the door down for selection, but given our circumstances, I would be very excited for him.

I don't think he gets a gig and will be an emergency, but I'd love it.

Having a smaller forward line could actually be a blessing in disguise. Might force them to change it up and not just bomb the ball long down the line. Need to use the bigger ground with run and carry.
Yep, imo with next to no talls, let’s kick it in flatter and harder so that prevents eagles from intercepting everything and bring it to ground so the smalls can get to work. Surely we get to work on the inside 50 ground balls this week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moir!

Moir good news: Ashton to debut​

Ashton Moir will make his AFL debut against West Coast.

Moir16aUG.jpg

VERSATILE forward Ashton Moir will make his debut for the Club this Sunday against West Coast.
The enigmatic forward joined the Blues last year when he was selected with pick No.29 in the 2023 AFL Draft.

Standing at 187cm, Moir has the ability to play both tall and small, with his vertical leap as well as his clean hands at ground level a feature of his game.
His instinctual forward craft and the youthful energy he provides have been on display throughout the VFL season, with his best match against Port Melbourne where he scored three goals and laid seven tackles.

Well now it will be exciting to watch Lord and Moir no matter the outcome.

I'm hoping Moir is the type of player who excels in the top level game.

Last edited:
Okay Moir in. I am a bit surprised but we are limited especially forward

After a slow start this year and no pre season he has really started to improve and build. Needs at least one pre season

No one can doubt the ability. Gut feel is he will be sub

I would prefer that if we play him, play him from the start and play him deep inside 50

I'm pumped for this match. We've got a young team with their backs against the wall.

A win would be incredible. The energy and enthusiasm if we get a positive result on Sunday is just what our supporters and the club needs right now.

Don't underestimate energy and momentum. There's still hope. It's not all doom and gloom.

Go Baggers!

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back