Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Who played well for the Blues in Round 6 vs the Giants?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

With the rebound unit all in the injury ward, the midfield just took it upon themselves to win the game. Their pressure early allowed them to live with our clearance dominace by reducing the quality and rebounding it back but as soon as that pressure dipped we just made a meal of them.

Hopefully the big lads in the middle have a good month of that stuff in them to keep the season rolling until we get a few back at either end to break some lines.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For those here who said we can't play Cripps, Hewett & Kennedy in the same side I want you to cut a lemon in half, cover it in salt and suck on it continuously for the next 30 minutes. Then, and only then, can you reach for the tequila.

Loved that Cowan brought the aggression and attack on the ball that he showed last week in VFL. Looked ready for another go at senior level and proved us right.

Really good team effort and glad we rediscovered our clearance and contested game. Go Blues. :thumbsupv1:
I don't drink alcohol but I'll suck a lemon straight after I get this egg off my face. 😳
I'll also take back Kennedy can't play back, been brilliant the last couple of weeks he can play anywhere he wants.

200.gif

Be realistic we are not going to play 4 quarters against top quality contending opposition
Especially opposition with their speed and skills.

It's always going to be horses for courses. Funny thing is, I definitely thought this was a one ruck game. Not sure how we covered for our lack of pace. Just willed ourselves to win.
Clean use out of the middle helps. Even when we "wasted" our clearances and just bombed it forward, we gained field position.

In the first half, when our pressure was low, they slingshot right back and scored.

In the second half, when the pressure ratcheted up, we shut that down but still had the field position. Helped lock it in F50.

On SM-F926B using BigFooty.com mobile app

What makes Crippa's game even more outrageous is went at about 79.5% DE.
I hadnt seen the stat but it was noticeable enough watching him play today.

Whenever he got the ball, he made a conscious effort to steady the ball in his hands before kicking it - I'd say he's working on it.

It's unfortunate that only 3 Brownlow votes are offered per game - he deserves more than 3 for todays game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2024 Rd 6 Premiership Quarter Blue Blitz hands Giants their first loss

Back