Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Key forward, so barely SC relevant but a possible warm body - Nate Caddy kicked the first 3 goals of Essendonā€™s match sim yesterday.

Key forward, so barely SC relevant but a possible warm body - Nate Caddy kicked the first 3 goals of Essendonā€™s match sim yesterday.

Sounds like the new Recruit Ben Mckay $1.4 million a year is off to great start:moustache:

fwiw he didn't play. :p
My inside spies tell me Elijah Tsatis has been the least impressive player at ESS pre-season ....not one person, but a number of trackwatchers .....having trouble finding the barn, never mind trying to hit it by foot

Sam Durham the player with big big wraps ....and 2024 expectations

My inside spies tell me Elijah Tsatis has been the least impressive player at ESS pre-season ....not one person, but a number of trackwatchers .....having trouble finding the barn, never mind trying to hit it by foot

Sam Durham the player with big big wraps ....and 2024 expectations
Yeah Iā€™ve heard Tsatas has been terrible. Apparently theyā€™ve had kicking coaches working with him and it kinda just sounds like itā€™s made the problem worse, and probably more mental.

If anyone has suggestions of which of the rookies I should be keeping an eye on over the preseason, let me know.

The longlist I've drafted this morning is:

DEF: Gibcus, Coffield, Curtin, Pink, Busslinger
MID: Reid, McKercher, Sanders, Hall, Clark, Edwards
RUC: Maley, Heath
FWD: Wilson, Comben, Mannagh

If anyone has suggestions of which of the rookies I should be keeping an eye on over the preseason, let me know.

Hore def
Conway ruck

2 from Freo could be interesting Sharp (Mid) and Emmet (Fwd)....both should be 123,900

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Z.Reid Def
N.Cox Def
G.Stevens Mid
J.Sharp Mid
E Allan Mid
Binns Mid
Naismith Ruck (unsure on what he will be priced at)
F.Macrae Mid / Fwd(?)
A.Davey Fwd
Lohmann Fwd

for a midpricer jordon at sydney will be priced at 275k and averaged 75 in 2022 so there could be significant upside if he gets inside mid time.

Z.Reid Def
N.Cox Def
G.Stevens Mid
J.Sharp Mid
E Allan Mid
Binns Mid
Naismith Ruck (unsure on what he will be priced at)
F.Macrae Mid / Fwd(?)
A.Davey Fwd
Lohmann Fwd

for a midpricer jordon at sydney will be priced at 275k and averaged 75 in 2022 so there could be significant upside if he gets inside mid time.
Reid and Cox are interesting ideas. Is there anything to suggest theyā€™re higher up the Bombersā€™ tall defender pecking order than 4th and 5th?

Reid and Cox are interesting ideas. Is there anything to suggest theyā€™re higher up the Bombersā€™ tall defender pecking order than 4th and 5th?
Honestly our tall defender pecking order could end up any which way by the end of preseason. If Reid and Cox get through unscathed it will make for interesting selection, with McKay obviously being the big recruit, Laverde the incumbent and Kaine Baldwin looking more impressive than all of them pre-Christmas. Then we also have Lewis Hayes who looks a natural footballer, but still needs some size. Oh, and weā€™re probably messing around with the idea of Weideman. And shit, sometimes we just play Ridley as a key defender even though I disagree with it.

i think the hope for cox is he could squeeze out heppell and with his athleticism play as a hbf who also doubles as a tall interceptor. needs to be settled somewhere for the good of his development and why not be in the easiest role on the ground.

reid is a who knows at this point, but is very cheap for the talent that he has

Essendons defence is a SuperCoach mess. Iā€™d avoid it.

In practice assuming health McKay Ridley Redman and McGrath are locks and there are 3 spots up for grabs. 1 tall, 1 Small/rebounder and 1 medium or tall

Reid, Cox, Baldwin, Hayes and Laverde are competing for 1-2 spots

Throw in Heppell, Kelly, Nick Hind + a few first year rookies as your rebound options (Alwyn Davey jr) has also been trialled there and it just seems like a big stay away for me.

Nate Caddy is worth having on the radar as heā€™d be Essendonā€™s 5th or 6th forward option and if you believe they will be able to move the ball forward he will be open and could kick a few goal

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back