Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking on blues board not many if at all have him in best 22 being a finals contender not sure if he will break through
If Binns gets games will absolutely be fantasy/Supercoach relevant. Big accumulator running big numbers both ways. The question is how he gets past Acres, Hollands, Docherty and Cottrell to get a game. Injury his best chance then possibly Ollie getting minutes inside which will happen, but probably not yet. Cotts more HHF these days, so may not be as far away as seems.

Genuine watch.

If Binns gets games will absolutely be fantasy/Supercoach relevant. Big accumulator running big numbers both ways. The question is how he gets past Acres, Hollands, Docherty and Cottrell to get a game. Injury his best chance then possibly Ollie getting minutes inside which will happen, but probably not yet. Cotts more HHF these days, so may not be as far away as seems.

Genuine watch.
Blues team is strong and settled every line. Prob the hardest to break into.

Blues team is strong and settled every line. Prob the hardest to break into.
There are some great “kids” who will struggle for opportunity, if they get a run at it are absolutely cash cows.

I know it will draw some negativity, but we have some quality replacements for our ageing guys. Only problem is this ageing guys are 28-30 and may have 3-5 years left.

Binns and Cowan particularly, with draftee Wilson is getting rave reviews, with Moir seemingly held back, but already producing his own training track highlights. Hard to not see both Hollands boys consolidating spots, but begs the question who misses out?

I've gone through 6 pages and not one mention of Jaxon Binns. Played 17 games last season in the VFL and Won the Best & Fairest for Carlton averaging 29.8 disposals 7.8 marks & 3 tackles per game. Not sure of his Supercoach scores but he averaged 116 Fantasy points per game. Surely he will play Seniors next season!!!

View attachment 1878354
He’s on my bench.

Is this something new i have missed?
oliver was ostensibly seen at revs the weekend he got told to go home from the melbourne training camp in lorne

reading the tea leaves he seems pretty unlikely to be playing round one, could be an oppurtunity for someone like tholstrup or billings to get a gig early and make some good cash

oliver was ostensibly seen at revs the weekend he got told to go home from the melbourne training camp in lorne

reading the tea leaves he seems pretty unlikely to be playing round one, could be an oppurtunity for someone like tholstrup or billings to get a gig early and make some good cash

Yeah, just read up on it.

Put a fork in him, he's done!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who out of Cripps / Walsh / Cerra / Hewett is he gonna kick out of the starting 4 rotation.

We rotate a lot more than that. Last year we had Cuningham Fogarty Martin Motlop Docherty Cottrell all having midfield minutes on top of this group

Hollands is training a lot with the mids so I can see it happening. It’s just a matter of how much

Is there a consensus on F Macrae’s JS and role in 2024?
He's best 30 I'd guess, plenty of options.
Ed Allan has real scope to make the jump

Imho F.Mc - he'll never make a consistent senior player at Collingwood

Interested in second year plus players at bargain basement prices who get a round one gig. In the forwards Cadman, Darcy and Burgess, (if played as a defender). Cadman and Darcy seem ideal bench players, with both capable of spike games. Even if Mannagh is not named for R1 he might be handy to have to loophole a Cadman type.

In defense Gibcus, Pink, Coffield and Hore all very attractively priced if named. These are all mature bodied players and are less likely to be dropped than an 18 year old first gamer.

I'll be taking Reid and McKercher and am ambivalent about the rest until March.

Interested in second year plus players at bargain basement prices who get a round one gig. In the forwards Cadman, Darcy and Burgess, (if played as a defender). Cadman and Darcy seem ideal bench players, with both capable of spike games. Even if Mannagh is not named for R1 he might be handy to have to loophole a Cadman type.

In defense Gibcus, Pink, Coffield and Hore all very attractively priced if named. These are all mature bodied players and are less likely to be dropped than an 18 year old first gamer.

Uwland at the Suns in the mix I'd say. Don't lock him in, but watchlist for sure.

Brayden George on the watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back