Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, was replying about it being awkward to wait until rnd 7 to punt a couple of those defence rookies for guys that get DPP, to me it looks perfect given that Gibcus and Howes would have 6 games each by then
Yes but if you want to trade Gibcus, it would be better to do so on his bye in round 6 no?

Couldn't tell you, but I doubt it'll be one of the debutants.

Possibly one of Shiels, Ford or Phillips?

Yeah looking back Lazzaro has been the sub 10/30 games it makes me nervous picking him.

Yep, was replying about it being awkward to wait until rnd 7 to punt a couple of those defence rookies for guys that get DPP, to me it looks perfect given that Gibcus and Howes would have 6 games each by then
Pre Rd 6 would prob have been better despite 1 less rise as a Sexton / Fisher / McKercher / Martin could have been flicked to defence and Gibcus moved on before his bye, but either are OK

Bit of a different mix now with Simpkin to HF, TT in jail and Cunnington retired

I agree but anyone named on the bench can be the sub and they don't play until 4.30 saturday arvo not ideal to be making changes that late to our teams.

Simpkin flagged to play forward - Lazz seems to be 4th banana

Makeshift Park & buttox can probably provide more clarity
Simpkin has volunteered to play forward to give the young guys more exposure.
My bet for starting 3 mids is Powell ldu and Wardlaw
This may be complicated by Simpkin being out. Phillips replaced Powell in the first 3 and Powell moves to hff. I'm not sure on this 100% it's just want happened vs St Kilda.
The other possibility is Cooper Harvey comes and Powell stays in the mids. Either way laz gets mid rotations. He doesn't seem to be effected.

Not sure if I wanna go McKercher or Duursma, Duursma looked elite in their praccy. Can tell he can football. Just worried about the ball living across half back, but then Sheeze and Fisher?? Fk this
I've left duursma out and taken Kerch. North plays 3 of last year's preliminary finalists in the first 4 weeks.
I'm not keen on the forward. At 190k he can't afford to drop a 50 and there is every chance he will.

Are you bullish on Hustwaites JS and scoring capacity ...to take him over McKercher ?
Yes. Will be a corrective trade if he bombs the first two weeks. Been one of their best through the preseason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bit worried about Hustwaite with how Mitch moves the young mids in and out of CBA rotations randomly, potentially to protect the younger bodies. Also can't get a true read on when Day is back
Day has only just started running on the alter G last week. Has two weeks of that then another scan to get the all clear to run on grass. Then needs reconditioning block. I'll be surprised if we see him before round 6-7.

I’m getting cold feet on Lazz as my M8 currently with Wilson & Roberts on the bench. Could be the difference from upgrading Amon to say Steele etc - somebody convince me either way. Is he going to keep his 4th mid rotation and put up scores worth it at the high starting price?

the only thing he has going for him is job security. Could easily save $20k and go Hustwaite whom I expect a similar output or go the other way and spend $50k more and go Lyons who could go sidewards directly to a fallen premo if he plays 8 - 10 games with his output.

I dunno, I really like what Hustwaite could do, and Lyons is all but a lock imho even if he is a sub candidate

The “only” thing going for him is JS?

He’d be even money with Sanders as the highest scoring rookie this year imo.

Burgoyne was not part of the main group for match sim today.

Looks like Port are going to start Boak and Bergman on the wings.
Good. Boak will be a key player in Ports next flag. Sir Ken is on the ball.

1710241878838.png
1710241890014.png

really struggling with these fws bench spots... top 3 are on the field and lockity locks but feel like other 2 could be 10 people. Windsor vs Lazzaro is tough. Windsor looked elite in preseason games but was a bit of a flop in R0. Campbell I literally didn't know existed til R0

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back