Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel for a cheap rookie - I've already got Cadman

Thinking SCampbell is next in line - thoughts?
May as well wait till the teams come out now mate, you will do your head in like me.

Jy will still play mid minutes, but half forward seems to be his primary position now.

I agree about Powell, LDU and warlord being the first rotation, but I see Sheezel, Phillips and Laz rotating through there as the secondary mids. Phillips and Powell are fairly similar in that they seem to playing the defensive clearance role, but Powell seems favoured atm. Laz offers something different with his gut running.

Think it depends how you go. Simpkin on exposed AFL form is your 2nd best mid. If Wardlaw and / or Powell can't step up he could end up spending more time there. Laz, Phillips in that same bracket.

Good on the roos for giving the young guys first crack but they will need to perform to stay there. Onball not the place where you can just play all the young blokes or you will get smashed.

Reminds me a bit of the blues in 2019 when we pushed Murphy and Curnow out of the midfield so that Dow, Petrevski-Seton and Fisher could develop there. Probably ended Bolton's career.

Not saying the roos boys won't end up better then those 3 but you never know. Those guys were all highly rated top draft picks at the time and had shown great signs.

Wouldn't be surprised if Scheezel finishes the year as your number 1 or 2 mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crement hands ✋️....
france kiss GIF by Robert E Blackmon

I heard somewhere he had a slight setback earlier on in pre season, probably why the low minutes so far.
After watching him in the VFL last year, he's good, Might be sub early on but, it won't be long before he's playing full games imo.
He's never left my team...
Hes a goer, local boy from the footy club 200 metres up the road and watched him a few times, deserves his shot at the big time.
Saying that, he wont be in my team until he's selected and hopefully not the sub.

Remove this Banner Ad

Position 2024 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back