Trades 2024 Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, had nice ranking rise last week (24k to just under 15k), but this week I'm not in as good a position missing Young, Chapman, Serong, Butters, Sharp, H Reid, C McKercher, Meek (Maybe, although Moyle can cover this week), L Jackson, S Darcy, J Richards and the starting loop in Livingstone.

I have $200,100 in the Bank, 15 trades and 2 boosts (Don't shoot me :moustache:)

Originally, I had planned to finally get Heeney. However, he has a BE of 137 so can probably wait one more week. Now considering this:

J Sharp to B Dowling (Like the M/F connection. Wouldn't normally go early but options are rather limited)
S Darcy to Zac Fisher:sick::sick: (Darcy was supposed to be a hold until his bye, but time to go now)
D Wilson to C Warner (I know Wilson is playing, but has a 93 BE, so going to cash him in too)

Leaves me with 20 starters this week:

View attachment 2011715

I could trade McKercher or Reid instead, but I'm trying to hold them through the byes and hopefully have them as D7 and M9/F7.

Next week I can do Moyle to a Rookie and W Graham to Heeney. Week after Sullivan to a McKay/Curnow/Jezza type or wait for Rankine.

Thoughts? Am I stupid for holding Reid/McKercher?
I’d trade McKercher if anything but your trades seem to work out well while holding them.

Struggling to decide on the second part of my trades

Wilson to Moore is locked but should I go Fyfe to Zorko or hold off since their prices should become a little closer over the next two weeks.

Only problem is I am missing more premiums than most this round so I don’t know if I can afford to hold Fyfe despite his good score last week

35th overall with Butters, Serong, Ryan, Young, Jackson all missing
Do the trade and get the best score you can - how often are you at these lofty high ranks?

OK, had nice ranking rise last week (24k to just under 15k), but this week I'm not in as good a position missing Young, Chapman, Serong, Butters, Sharp, H Reid, C McKercher, Meek (Maybe, although Moyle can cover this week), L Jackson, S Darcy, J Richards and the starting loop in Livingstone.

I have $200,100 in the Bank, 15 trades and 2 boosts (Don't shoot me :moustache:)

Originally, I had planned to finally get Heeney. However, he has a BE of 137 so can probably wait one more week. Now considering this:

J Sharp to B Dowling (Like the M/F connection. Wouldn't normally go early but options are rather limited)
S Darcy to Zac Fisher:sick::sick: (Darcy was supposed to be a hold until his bye, but time to go now)
D Wilson to C Warner (I know Wilson is playing, but has a 93 BE, so going to cash him in too)

Leaves me with 20 starters this week:

View attachment 2011715

I could trade McKercher or Reid instead, but I'm trying to hold them through the byes and hopefully have them as D7 and M9/F7.

Next week I can do Moyle to a Rookie and W Graham to Heeney. Week after Sullivan to a McKay/Curnow/Jezza type or wait for Rankine.

Thoughts? Am I stupid for holding Reid/McKercher?
Reid is ok to hold, but I'd trade McKercher personally. There is no timeline for his return.

Wilson to Moore is locked but should I go Fyfe to Zorko or hold off since their prices should become a little closer over the next two weeks.

Only problem is I am missing more premiums than most this round so I don’t know if I can afford to hold Fyfe despite his good score last week

nice team kentie. easy to find in the BF group. zorko is a risky trade in. especially this late and after all his high scores behind him. you can swing sexyton forward and bring in a premo defender instead if youd like.

i think blakey is a great pod to own.

nice team kentie. easy to find in the BF group. zorko is a risky trade in. especially this late and after all his high scores behind him. you can swing sexyton forward and bring in a premo defender instead if youd like.

Or by bringing Zorko, you are eliminating another player that can hurt you when chasing the pack

That’s my current thought process
In your position you probably have to keep going for broke and look to get lucky with injuries late in the season.

Zorko is a tricky one, he's had a 56 and 66 in his last five games. Could do anything over the next few weeks, but he looks like getting a bit cheaper. Given the lack of options he has to be traded in really.

I'm going to leave him a couple of weeks to save money and give him longer to injure himself. He's 73% owned in the top 1%, so it does kill off an anti-POD for you

Reid is ok to hold, but I'd trade McKercher personally. There is no timeline for his return.
Yes, he's probably the one I would let go of as my mids are done, and in defence I currently have 5 premo's with Chapman/Massimo that I can loop at D6. Although with Massimo's current form I'm probably better looping N Martin with Chapman!

Was hoping for a more concrete timeframe on McKercher.

So, would you hold Wilson and trade McKercher, to get 21 on field instead of 20 this week, even though Wilson could lose a few $'s?

In your position you probably have to keep going for broke and look to get lucky with injuries late in the season.

Zorko is a tricky one, he's had a 56 and 66 in his last five games. Could do anything over the next few weeks, but he looks like getting a bit cheaper. Given the lack of options he has to be traded in really.

I'm going to leave him a couple of weeks to save money and give him longer to injure himself. He's 73% owned in the top 1%, so it does kill off an anti-POD for you
I had considered grabbing a defender over Zorko this week but I think that’s a harder decision to make this week whereas Zorko is pretty obvious compared to the other forwards

If I was to go a defender I would look at these options:

• Dale
  • Holmes
  • Houston
  • Clark
  • Richards
  • Sicily
  • McGovern
  • Ridley
I think the only player on that list I could safely pick is Dale because my R15 bye isn’t that bad. I can’t pick Gov, Ridley or Holmes because of their bye, Sicily has a lovely fixture but I’m not sure I can trust him and Houston, Richards and Clark aren’t playing this week

I just feel like a defender can wait a week or two to see which option best presents themself

Yes, he's probably the one I would let go of as my mids are done, and in defence I currently have 5 premo's with Chapman/Massimo that I can loop at D6. Although with Massimo's current form I'm probably better looping N Martin with Chapman!

Was hoping for a more concrete timeframe on McKercher.

So, would you hold Wilson and trade McKercher, to get 21 on field instead of 20 this week, even though Wilson could lose a few $'s?
Unsure on Wilson. I still have him too. Really want to hold him until his bye as I need every warm body I can get next week.

Also, I don't know if there is a massive benefit between 20/21 players. Might be 10-20 points?

Make the trades. 35th.........

Grab Zorko. It's your last 1 or 2 upgrades, does his price fluctuations matter? I don't think so.

If you are keen on Zorko, if you think he can keep this scoring up and stay fit all season, then just do it.

If he scores ~130, his BE will ~150. I'd back him to score 160 against the Saints at the Gabba next week. He might be $620k next week, not $560k like some think.

Hope you win it all brother, best of luck!

I had considered grabbing a defender over Zorko this week but I think that’s a harder decision to make this week whereas Zorko is pretty obvious compared to the other forwards

If I was to go a defender I would look at these options:

• Dale
  • Holmes
  • Houston
  • Clark
  • Richards
  • Sicily
  • McGovern
  • Ridley
I think the only player on that list I could safely pick is Dale because my R15 bye isn’t that bad. I can’t pick Gov, Ridley or Holmes because of their bye, Sicily has a lovely fixture but I’m not sure I can trust him and Houston, Richards and Clark aren’t playing this week

I just feel like a defender can wait a week or two to see which option best presents themself
Can you get Zorko this week, and either Houston/Clark next after their bye? That's probably what I'd do in your position.
Unsure on Wilson. I still have him too. Really want to hold him until his bye as I need every warm body I can get next week.

Also, I don't know if there is a massive benefit between 20/21 players. Might be 10-20 points?
I'm pretty good for next week, once I trade in Heeney I can currently field a full 22 without Wilson and holding Reid & McKercher. Rd 15 on the other hand is a different kettle of fish! I think that's why I'm leaning to trading Wilson.

This would be my Rd 14 set up:

1717639698965.png

I may need to hold Sharp instead as Rd 15 is looking pretty grim for me. Without trades I would have 16 playing. Sharp would give me 17.

Ah crap, back to the drawing board.

Think I have to trade one of Reid/McKercher this week.

Reid - Definitely won't play Round 15, but forwards are crap and he'd be good cover there. 121 BE.
McKercher - Have no idea when he returns if ever this year! But he is a slight chance to play Round 15. -7 BE, so still has cash to make if he returns.

Maybe Reid it is?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grab Zorko. It's your last 1 or 2 upgrades, does his price fluctuations matter? I don't think so.

If you are keen on Zorko, if you think he can keep this scoring up and stay fit all season, then just do it.

If he scores ~130, his BE will ~150. I'd back him to score 160 against the Saints at the Gabba next week. He might be $620k next week, not $560k like some think.

Hope you win it all brother, best of luck!
Thanks mate. I think number 1 is too far ahead but I’m just happy to be top 50. Hopefully I can try crack the top 10 come seasons end

Changa10 yeah I did the calculations last night and I should have around 580k next week if players hit their projected. May fall just short of Clark (which may not be a bad thing since I have Young + Ryan) but I should be able to afford most other premium defenders. May hold off another week if I fancy Holmes/Ridley/Gov.

My vote is for C.

I reckon Rids is a special. Delicious price for what he offers output-wise.

We know that in SC, role is more important than talent. Fisher's role is tastier than almost any other player who has FWD next to their name.

I love Dylan Moore. I discovered the kent. I owned him two years ago off the back of a single game he played against Gold Coast the year before. In the short term, the kents who mocked me were right. I go too early on these kents. Having said all of that and even though I have a massive soft spot for him, surely his scores are too volatile to have in your final team. He's gonna score a 60 that costs you a crucial league match up and you're gonna hate the kent. Go C mate
Cheers,
Great Feedback

Dawson had se7en kicked on him in two weeks.
Now training with the forwards.

I hope he does play forward and Clarko leaves Comben down back the whole game.

I hope he does play forward and Clarko leaves Comben down back the whole game.
Wawson seems the type north just play him because they don't playing finals.

Or they drop him for Nelso bestie in teakle
in a few weeks .

🍒 will need a chop out

Unsure what to do with meek ..
Hold hoping he's back.
Trade to grundy of stickman.
As Rioli Magic said, reliable poster on Hawks board has said today that Meek won't play this week.

I'm holding this week as I have English & Moyle, but he may have to go next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades 2024 Round 13 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Back