Trades 2024 Round 15 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, his kicking is a bit of a myth – just takes low-risk short options all the time. It hasn't been a weapon for a few years now (it's a pain point for many on our board, haha).

Yes, he has scored well for a few weeks now. The biggest was obviously against St Kilda, which happens for basically every rebound defender, and the ball spent a lot of time down back in those three losses. Still, scored well so can't ignore that, but in none of those games did he play particularly well or have an impact on the game.

If he was an M9/D7 option, it would be more appealing, but imagine you'll be giving up quite a significant amount of points vs other team's D6's over the course of the rest of the year.

Still, I haven't got too much right this year, so back your judgement.
Sounds like you've got Sexton in your team :p

Left myself just enough cash to upgrade Freijah to Rankine next week .....or Jackson if Hodor collapses this week
Could be a good play, as Freijah is not losing any cash this week.

Also, I’m not sure if I should be concerned that no one has tried to talk me out of trading Bont and Comben to Serong and Butters this week.

Pros:

- Butters and Serong play an extra game for the rest of the year

- Comben was just sitting at F7 anyway

- I’m basically turning a 125 average player into two 120 average players

Cons:

- Trading out the best player in the comp who gets more lipstick than a Grey street hooker

- Only have 7 trades left

- am an idiot

View attachment 2024030

This validates our eye test ....taggers are only a recent phenomenon ....is it the quicker rebound off HB and transition ....or fewer ball-ups ....or a combination ?

Could it simply be that there are less 'pure' mids each year?

(I mean, years ago, pre DP, someone like Brendan Goddard was classified as a Mid, but was a modern day gull).
5 years ago, Sheezel would have stayed as a Mid only.

Could be a good play, as Freijah is not losing any cash this week.

Also, I’m not sure if I should be concerned that no one has tried to talk me out of trading Bont and Comben to Serong and Butters this week.

Pros:

- Butters and Serong play an extra game for the rest of the year

- Comben was just sitting at F7 anyway

- I’m basically turning a 125 average player into two 120 average players

Cons:

- Trading out the best player in the comp who gets more lipstick than a Grey street hooker

- Only have 7 trades left

- am an idiot
Some suggestion Berry will be tagging Butters .....trading Bont and fading him against high ownership is a gutsy move

Have you looked at the respective fixtures on the run home ?

What about Sexton?
If you still have him, are you holding for a score and maybe a small (final) price rise?
Powell back surely impacts him if he keeps his spot.
Been a good cow, Secco reloaded

.....trading Bont and fading him against high ownership is a gutsy move
Ranked 1,368 and will likely struggle to crack the top 1k if I don’t do something out of the box (giggidy)

If Butters and Serong continue their form (based on their current overall average) they’ll score another 220-240 Ppw for 10 weeks which is 2200 - 2400 points on field

Bont has 9 more games. Let’s say he continues his form and scores another 1100-1200.

Overall gain 1000 points on field.

All hypothetical of course, but I’m a numbers guy, just looking at every which way.

For example, the number of trades I have is dangerously low, bordering on laughable.

Have you looked at the respective fixtures on the run home ?
Of course I haven’t. I won’t have any trades left before long :drunk:

Rucks currently are Roma and English.

Plan was to flip one at bye. Tim more consistent then Roma I feel but Roma has the marvel run home
How many trades do you have left?

If you could bring in Gawn +60k this week would you? Or take Grundy +$125k

Plan was to flip one at bye. Tim more consistent then Roma I feel but Roma has the marvel run home

I'd just roll with Roma and English. They are both capable of monster scores.

I'm a Gawn and Grundy owner... kind of worked out well as a set and forget...

There was a point in Round 4 when I thought of flipping Grundy to English, but then he pumped out a 158 in round 5.

Grundy's had 5 scores over 139 sc, but he just looks 1 game away from giving away 10 frees against and a sub 100 score...

Ok, well I don't reckon I'd use a trade to move away from either of them unless it was to get the best. So I'd get Gawny.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Sexton?
If you still have him, are you holding for a score and maybe a small (final) price rise?
Powell back surely impacts him if he keeps his spot.
Been a good cow, Secco reloaded
See how he goes this week. Only have four trades left and would need to downgrade a rookie to trade him up. I can definitely see myself with two trades by the end of the week. :$

It sounds awesome, but where tf am I getting the cash/trades to take advantage of this if it happens?
Chad should be around $560k in round 17, so I’m making provisions for him now. A lot could change in between now and then, though.

Time to conserve some trades. lol.

Steele: run of games at Marvel helps him or hurts him?
Sometimes you talk yourself into trading out a bloke who's perfectly adequate.
If he goes, it'll be for a Serong type and a 100% guaranteed on-field score this week, suppose that is probably worth it
If Serong averages 115 ROS, Steele in his 1 less game needs to average 128 to match.

You need to factor in 19th score this week but if Steele goes 105 ROS, you are roughly 200-210 points better off minus a 19th score if you have one this week after adding Serong.

Depends what you think each will do and also depends on trades left, if it leaves 5 and a full team I would do it.

115 for Serong and 105 for Steele is probably reasonable expectations from here on out.

Steele: run of games at Marvel helps him or hurts him?
Sometimes you talk yourself into trading out a bloke who's perfectly adequate.
If he goes, it'll be for a Serong type and a 100% guaranteed on-field score this week, suppose that is probably worth it
It is a tough one, especially for people who need the extra on field this week.
The mids area bit of a shit show right now so better the devil you know and save a trade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back