Preview 2024 Round 16 Sydney v Fremantle (SCG) 1.45pm (AEST) Sat 29 June

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clashes with the Norf vs Dogs match - I'm sure we'll all have been watching that one.

Hey seeing the Dogs lose to North would have been fun

Why is this a 1.45pm game. Isn't it bad timing for WA viewers too?

I'd say the biggest impact is for the Fremantle players. 11:45am for their body clock is not ideal. One of a whole host of advantages we've got going into this game. Really are no excuses to drop this.

I'd say the biggest impact is for the Fremantle players. 11:45am for their body clock is not ideal. One of a whole host of advantages we've got going into this game. Really are no excuses to drop this.
Surely their body clocks would have years of Saturday morning school footy to draw on.

Surely their body clocks would have years of Saturday morning school footy to draw on.

They wouldn't have been preparing for high school football in the same way that they would be for professional football. It's a pretty common issue for teams who play in the west of a country and have to fly east for early afternoon games. The west coast NFL teams for example regularly complain about early kickoffs in the eastern states.

Your entire routine is thrown out of whack and at this level, where it's all about marginal gains it can be the difference in games. Realistically we should be beating Fremantle at home regardless of what time the game starts, but it's just another reason to feel that we have a structural advantage in this one.

They wouldn't have been preparing for high school football in the same way that they would be for professional football. It's a pretty common issue for teams who play in the west of a country and have to fly east for early afternoon games. The west coast NFL teams for example regularly complain about early kickoffs in the eastern states.

Your entire routine is thrown out of whack and at this level, where it's all about marginal gains it can be the difference in games. Realistically we should be beating Fremantle at home regardless of what time the game starts, but it's just another reason to feel that we have a structural advantage in this one.

Surely they travel to Sydney on late Thursday so they would train Friday in Sydney. Hardly think they are going to be that badly disadvantaged really. Let’s not pretend they are going to Europe and back

Thanks I quite agree, I was just joking.

Surely they travel to Sydney on late Thursday so they would train Friday in Sydney. Hardly think they are going to be that badly disadvantaged really. Let’s not pretend they are going to Europe and back
I disagree. I fly to WA a couple of times a year for work. It really does put you out of whack. Never feel I’m doing my best work for the first day or two, same on return.

Sure, Europe or America is far worse, but it’s not nothing, and at the elite level, every 0.0001% disadvantage matters.

I disagree. I fly to WA a couple of times a year for work. It really does put you out of whack. Never feel I’m doing my best work for the first day or two, same on return.

Sure, Europe or America is far worse, but it’s not nothing, and at the elite level, every 0.0001% disadvantage matters.

Go to Perth a fair bit and I’ve never had an issue and the way to Sydney is easier anyway. Most would go business class too so let’s not pretend they are that bad and we’ve done the Perth trip already this year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i don't actually mind the travel as much as others. i think because you travel so much you get used to it far more than other teams.
however, this takes time. but the end result is a mature team that will dominate at home and pinches enough games interstate that you end up with a real shot at top 4.

since 2000
freo 2006, 2013, 2014, 2015
eagles 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2015, 2018
however, freo are young.

yeah for sure. however, a lot of pubs open at 12. i think starting the game 15 minutes later isn't to much to ask for.

Be for TV reasons that don’t agree with it but most sat games start this time. Surely there’s pubs in WA open at 11:30

This is perfect. I made a comment last time we played the Swans how “generally speaking” what a good lot you were….

This isn’t quite that!

Speaking of irrelevant history lessons, which you mention about 26 times and gives me license to respond, reminds me of your showing in the 22’ GF. I hosted a bunch of Expats that day to show case all things AFL. That didn’t go well. I ended up being asked to put the Premier League highlights on instead.

Had them all back for last years GF, and we kept it going, Phew.

Great to see our local boys helping you succeed 😉. Good luck, hoping for an irrelevant upset 😁

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words cause irreversible emotional damage

Be for TV reasons that don’t agree with it but most sat games start this time. Surely there’s pubs in WA open at 11:30
agreed, however I'm from the countryside. and my parents local pub isn't open till 12. i live in perth now so i'm not as bothered.

. Most would go business class too s
Most?
There are 8 seats.
Virgin-Australia-737-Business-10.jpeg

Alex Pearce out? Subbed out with an arm injury yesterday.

Most?
There are 8 seats.
Virgin-Australia-737-Business-10.jpeg
Ahhh memories.....:p...you get on the plane and relax. Champagne is served. A multiple choice of newspapers is offered. Hot face towel or two to ensure you are feeling fine to sip the champagne.
Casual conversation with your newly aquired travel friend.
You stretch out and know that it is going to be a pleasant flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back