Game Day 2024 Round 17 St Kilda v. Sydney 7 July @ Marvel 3:20 PM

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell has been great, thought he brought the required intensity from the first bounce. Rampe been important, Papley with some important touches and Chad with a bit of class.

Really swamped by the saints style and pressure in that term but last 10 mins were great. Finding more space forward of the ball and pressure has ramped up. Big 2nd term from Chad, has opened up this game

I thought all tall forwards worked well together today so far,

Amartey and Mclean should have got their shots, but both worked hard and Logan been great,

Need more from Hayward, so spotlight on him.

Rampe and Mccartin both a bit off

If Warner is in the AA team it should only be on the bench. Because as a pure mid I actually don't rate him much. But around goals he is something else. But he's obviously not in the best 6 forwards in the comp
He's an outside mid but we definitely need a Parker, Mills or Adams in there winning the hard ball.

James Rowbottom, Hayden McLean, James Jordan & Brodie Grundy were the catalyst to this surge. The back should be congratulated on absolutely destroying their forward line from the 15 minute mark. It does help if you have pressure upfield

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we can step up our centre bounce work we’ll run away with it. Big question mark as saints have been good in that aspect

Someone is tagging Heeney? Been largely out of the game.

Every stoppage they hold onto Rowbottom - called once and they are pulling on Heeneys guernsey and arms every time he gets in there.

He was getting more in tight as we got going.

Almost need to move him forward for a patch at times

He's an outside mid but we definitely need a Parker, Mills or Adams in there winning the hard ball.
But even up the field when he's on the outside. Like if you took away all the goals I don't think Warner would even be in the AA conversation. He's a funny one, almost a midfielder only in magnet.

But even up the field when he's on the outside. Like if you took away all the goals I don't think Warner would even be in the AA conversation. He's a funny one, almost a midfielder only in magnet.
The thing that drives me crazy at the moment is his burning of other players and fending off constantly

Heeney just doesn't seem to have that same power in him to get clear as he had earlier in the year. Hard to tell if it's something he's lacking, or if the opposition are hammering him more.
Just hope it’s not the dreaded ankle.

He’s faded out as seasons have worn on before - as the ankle becomes an issue.

But today, I’ve been really impressed with Campbell & JJ. They held it together while the stars struggled.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back