AFL Match Centre

Channel 7 Mate @ 3:00pm
Fox Footy: 503 @ 3:20pm

AFL Team Selections

Swans:
In:
Callum Mills, Sam Wicks,
Emergencies: Caleb Mitchell, Aaron Francis, Peter Ladhams
Out: Dane Rampe (Injured),Tom Papley (Injured)
Milestones: 100 games - Robbie Fox

Bulldogs:
In:
C.Daniel, R.Garcia, L.Jones
Out: R.Sanders (managed), J.Macrae (managed), J.Freijah (managed)
Milestones: 150 games - Bailey Dale, 100 club games - Liam Jones

Umpires
Curtis Deboy (11), Brendan Hosking (16), John Howorth (17), Simon Meredith (21)​
2024 round 14 stats.jpg
https://www.sydneyswans.com.au/news/1609958/opposition-watch-round-20-v-western-bulldogs

Most Recent games:
Sydney have won the last 3 out 4 games at the SCG

DateVenueHome v Away TeamsResultHigh DisposalsHigh Goals
Round 11, 23 May 2024Marvel StadiumWestern Bulldogs defeated by Sydney88-102A. Treloar 30C. Warner 4
Round 18, 13 Jul 2023SCGSydney defeats Western Bulldogs78-76A. Treloar 33T. Papley 4
Round 17, 8 Jul 2022SCGSydney defeats Western Bulldogs120-67A. Treloar 32I. Heeney 4
Round 3, 31 Mar 2022Marvel StadiumWestern Bulldogs defeat Sydney71-60J. Dunkley 31
B. Smith 31
C. Weightman 3
Round 17, 11 Jul 2021Marvel StadiumWestern Bulldogs defeated by Sydney60-79J. Lloyd 33J. Dawson 3
Round 4, 25 Jun 2020SCGSydney defeated by Western Bulldogs39-67L. Parker 25T. Papley 4
Round 1, 23 Mar 2019Marvel StadiumWestern Bulldogs defeat Sydney82-65J. Lloyd 35A. Naughton 3
Round 4, 14 Apr 2018Marvel StadiumWestern Bulldogs defeated by Sydney79-86J. Macrae 34L. Franklin 3
L. Parker 3
Round 12, 8 Jun 2017SCGSydney defeats Western Bulldogs88-42J. Kennedy 37L. Franklin 3
Round 2, 31 Mar 2017Marvel StadiumWestern Bulldogs defeat Sydney110-87J. Lloyd 34S. Reid 6

Order of the Day
1. Please no long bombs into our forward line
2. Please kick straight at the goals
3. Run and support your mate

Well, we have had the bad news and the good news week.

The sad news of the passing of Grand Uncle Horace
Thanks Ticky009:
The retirement of Sam Reid
Thanks Sam​
Reid retires.png

The good news:
This year we've had some milestone games
Florent's 150th, Harry's 200th
Today we celebrate the 100th game of the Fantastic Mr Fox

Fox 100 sm.jpg

Back to GUH, describing James Jordon's role
From 2024 Round 1, GUH described Fox as a utility
Let's take GUH's tip from round 11 this year - my prediction was 27 points
GUH Bulldogs round 11.jpg

Bloods
SHAKE DOWN THE THUNDER

#ProudlySydney #GoBloods #GoSwans #Bloods #SYD150

thanks to Carlton doing Carlton things, chacnce to go back 2 and half games clear. Home deck, really should win this. Looking for Wicks to bring the heat, will know he has a chance to stay in when Paps comes back. Other than that, keep Richard and Bont in check and we should ge the lollies. Swans by 20

A win here will be huge and pretty much lock up a top 2 spot.

Last time we played they had more scoring shots (we kicked super straight), a weaker team and injuries to Naughton and Richards (BOG to half time). We had an almost full strength side that was firing, and now are in a lull with key outs.

Doggies fighting for a spot in the 8 and we are guaranteed a finals berth and likely only need 1 or 2 wins to lock top 2.

Wouldn't discount us coming out as (arguably) underdogs and silencing the media, but reckon doggies will win by 3-4 goals.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great tribute! Big loss for us all!

In terms of the game, we've been saying it each week but it has to start this week where we see intent from the first bounce. There's not many weeks to fix this, and we need to show the league we are serious about this over the next few weeks.

If I see another 28-7 QT score line or some variation of it I’ll puke. We need to come out breathing fire.

At our best no team is close. We’ve fluffed about the last three weeks and we can still be 2.5 games clear after this round. That’s how far ahead we are.

This is the week to make a statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit windy today. Should make it harder for their talls. Hopefully a bit of a shower comes through to make it even more a ground game.

Come on Swannies! Send those fairypuppies home licking their wounds.

I'm confident now about the game however - we were meant to be coming up for the game, but Mrs has badly hurt her foot and hence she is on strict resting rules from the Dr - so I'll be cheering from the couch.

Usually highly anticipated games we miss end up in excellent Swans performances and wins - so I hope today will be the same story!

We will flex

Swans by 40

Horse knows how to get his teams balling into finals series

Wont lose another game for the rest of the year
We are undermanned today. All I want for the rest of the year is to be top 2 heading into the finals with a healthy list that includes Rampe, McInerney, Papley and Rowbottom. Don't really care how we get to that position. Hope we win but given everything, won't be surprised by a loss.

No doubt in my mind that this will be the biggest test we will face until finals. I don't think we match up on them as well as we do against most teams. Grundy has not been in great form the last couple and is going to find the going tough against English, hence I can easily see the Dogs getting a majority first use of the ball.

Do not expect anything less than a fourth-quarter nail biter. A comfortable win is simply not on the cards today, especially with our outs. I'd happily sign up for a close finish.

I'll tip the Swans by 3, but not with any great confidence.

We need McDonald, Amartey and McLean to have at least 7 goals btwn them to win this IMO. Got to start taking some marks inside 50.
If Lobb is going to blanket Mclean with his length (which I think will be the case), then I think it's gotta be Amartey on their third defender that's going to have to do something significant. Important we spread our three talls inside 50.

Amartey's got to turn around the last month of form and kick 4/5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back