Trades 2024 Round 5 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which way are folks leaning on Grundy > Meek?
It's attractive at first blush, but it's easy to get the beer goggles on and convince yourself that solid 4 is an 8 when your current companion has a man bun, crooked teeth and an inability to put BJ Williams away ffs.

Are we jumping on a treadmill and chewing up 13,618 trades in the ruck again or is Meek the one?

Don't have Livingston,.so this Jordon / R3 option doesn't work for me.

1712644085162.png

1712644167385.png

mother of god danger GIF

Ok fair enough. So its based on nothing more than whoever gives u enough cash for Gawn.
I thought i must be missing something.
Massimo can still deliver 350-375K i reckon. Williams though will probably be 90% dead well before 325K.
I'm giving Massimo a bit of air and hope for the TOG. Slow first half but was looking pretty good for a 75-80 before Bitchell did the dirty on us in the last. I doubt many would be flogging him this week if he simply got an extra 10-12 minutes. With standard TOG he's a 75 avg. His role isnt too bad for scoring. Each to their own tho.
End of the day, one great score (120-odd), one acceptable (80-odd), two shithouse scores is the tale of the tape
Getting a bit of TOG after the manic cuddle-fest at the start of the quarter got them going would have been nice, but he was invisible prior.
If my aunty had a set of balls, she'd be my uncle etc.
Compare him or Zilliams to Dempsey punching out better scores on less coin in a lower scoring line, and they end up looking prize turkeys, let's not sugarcoat it.
Bigger problems to deal with the only thing that's saved them both, realistically.

It's attractive at first blush, but it's easy to get the beer goggles on and convince yourself that solid 4 is an 8 when your current companion has a man bun, crooked teeth and an inability to put BJ Williams away ffs.

Are we jumping on a treadmill and chewing up 13,618 trades in the ruck again or is Meek the one?

Darcy Moore told me that Brodie is actually excellent at putting BJs away

End of the day, one great score (120-odd), one acceptable (80-odd), two shithouse scores is the tale of the tape
Getting a bit of TOG after the manic cuddle-fest at the start of the quarter got them going would have been nice, but he was invisible prior.
Compare him or Zilliams to Dempsey punching out better scores on less coin in a lower scoring line, and they end up looking prize turkeys, let's not sugarcoat it.
Bigger problems to deal with the only thing that's saved them both, realistically.
Conversely he's shown he can post a big score which in a best 18 could be very useful.

If sick of looking at him, i'd much rather go up than down with the manbun. English/Gawn or noone for me. Dont want to be fk arsing around with R2 again later.
People are desperate for cash though. Its poverty street out there.

Really torn this week.

Have a number of different thoughts.

Players I want are Flanders and Steele.

Only have $5.5k in the bank

Option One
Mass > Clohesy
Grundy > Meek
McKercher > Steele

Option Two

Mass > Clohesy
Grundy > Meek
Cadman > Flanders

I am more than happy to ride the Meek train as I did a similar thing with Briggs last year.

Who would you prioritise out of Steele or Flanders?

View attachment 1954421
Flanders mate your forwards need work your mids are good.

Conversely he's shown he can post a big score which in a best 18 could be very useful.
Let's not waste our time a-feudin' and a-fussin', when there is genuine SC gold to be panned for in them thar hills.

Jack Lukosious - speak to me, Scoopsmorrow.
Any way he maintains that role for the season?
This patented Scoops Fireball conversation starter brought to you by Suntory -196 and Breville kitchen appliances. You can count on a Breville.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

428k in the bank.

Can do Grundy -> English and Jordon -> Flanders.

Build up the bank again with Clohesy & Graham likely ins next week.
What are you waiting for?

Season 4 Reaction GIF by The Office

Rash I'll post here to save the mod's moving our posts.

I'm undecided on trades, it's either

Jordon/Howes/Grundy to Martin/Clohesy/Marshall
or
Jordon/Howes/Clark to Martin/Clohesy/Meek

How about yourself?

I started with Gawn, Grundy, and Livingston > Jackson.

I feel no need to disrupt this structure.

Which means obviously that Meek will be everyone's R1 in a month

Let's not waste our time a-feudin' and a-fussin', when there is genuine SC gold to be panned for in them thar hills.

Jack Lukosious - speak to me, Scoopsmorrow.
Any way he maintains that role for the season?
This patented Scoops Fireball conversation starter brought to you by Suntory -196 and Breville kitchen appliances. You can count on a Breville.
Luko wants to be a forward, but is softer than Luke Darcy's chol when he goes at Kane Cornes.
Dimma not keen on flaccid forwards when hardnut's like Jeddy are around.
Luko might have to do as he's far king told is Scoopsmorrows read on the situation.

Dont be such a negative nelly :p:p:p

You got him for the price of a #1 or #2 draft pick. i.e. Rook priced.

Has scored
122, 87, 68, 63

That aint crap. Plus he's in a crap mob with a dunce coach that wont keep him on the ground. Adjusted for TOG its kind of alright.

By contrast your boy Dempsey cant even score a single ton in a team going nicely :straining::straining::straining:.

Harley Reid
78, 63, 54, and finally a 91. Cost the same as my man Massimo. Where's the mass exodus on him ?

I reckon its based purely on Massimo having a tad more cash up his sleeve and no other reason. Its all about the cash baby ;)
People are going...if i sell Howes i can grab Nic Martin...but hang on, if i sell Massimo i can grab Rowell. Thats all it is.

Jhye Clark a big chance to be rested this week according to Geelong board.

Don't think it changes much in terms of trades, just a bit annoying that it slows down what money is left to be made.

Dont be such a negative nelly :p:p:p

You got him for the price of a #1 or #2 draft pick. i.e. Rook priced.

Has scored
122, 87, 68, 63

That aint crap. Plus he's in a crap mob with a dunce coach that wont keep him on the ground. Adjusted for TOG its kind of alright.

By contrast your boy Dempsey cant even score a single ton in a team going nicely :straining::straining::straining:.

Harley Reid
78, 63, 54, and finally a 91. Cost the same as my man Massimo. Where's the mass exodus on him ?

I reckon its based purely on Massimo having a tad more cash up his sleeve and no other reason. Its all about the cash baby ;)
People are going...if i sell Howes i can grab Nic Martin...but hang on, if i sell Massimo i can grab Rowell. Thats all it is.

I mean it could be the trend Bollox.

And the fact that his role seems to have changed from a halfback job where he scores well to a wing where he doesn't.

I'm holding, for now, because I have other plans.

But it would be a surprise/relief if he racked up more than say, 23 possessions next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back