Trades 2024 Round 7 Trades

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in the groups thoughts

I want to dump L Jackson. I either will go with Xerri at roughly the same prices or spend an extra $140k and get Gawn. That price increase for 20 points i might go Xerri and then save the $400k in the bank for Zilliams = Houston/Naicos next week and Dempsey = Taylor Adams or Macrae the following week.

Interest to hear everyones thoughts on Xerri or Gawn knowing the price gap for Jackson.

want to grab a 15th premo in one of the fallen stars of dawson, macrae or LDU.

was eyeing off dawson all preseason, along with LDU. theyre both ripe for the picking. but both playing for shite teams.

macrae has the advantage of being a fwd. dawson is still one of the best players in the league. ldu is a proven gun, but i havnt seen enough of him this year.

leaning towards dawson at the moment. would make it even sweeter if it pays off, knowing most of the braint trust owners here ditched him.
Hmm, I could give you my opinion, but there is too much evidence around of my insanity to be taken seriously.

LOL, and Uh Veer Right , my masterstroke (I can call it that till evidence to the contrary)

Isn't just our 2 trade in's this week.

Trying to have at least some stability, and figure Carlton mids will score about the same combined total each week, with the players individual scores, varying week to week- so have grouped them ( intrigued if this will work, but going to find out)
Already have Hewett- :cool: Started him as reckoned he had his body/mind in right place if he tackles 10 times in a preseason game-been good.

And Cripps looks as good, if not better than I've ever seen him.

View attachment 1967752 :)
Oh, and last week it was 166,110,110

Hmmm, Ve Vill Zee.

LOL, and Uh Veer Right , my masterstroke (I can call it that till evidence to the contrary)

Trying to have at least some stability, and figure Carlton mids will score about the same combined total each week, with the players individual scores, varying week to week- so have grouped them ( intrigued if this will work, but going to find out)
Already have Hewett- :cool: Started him as reckoned he had his body/mind in right place if he tackles 10 times in a preseason game-been good.

and if one gets injured the remaining 2 will pick up the slack!

Hmm, I could give you my opinion, but there is too much evidence around of my insanity to be taken seriously.
The Office Smile GIF

.. do tell my friend. im all ears.

its a good theory - I did it a few years ago starting with the three doggies (Macrae, Bont & Dunks) - minimum was 350, except one or twice it dipped slightly below iirc, but a good week you could get over 400. If one is slightly down then one of the others had usually gone bonkers, you were just never sure which one would go big. and can work out better than trying to pick the right one. you would still want to be confident that the worst of them would be close to a 105-110 avg.

Rowell, Butters, Serong, Miller or even Houston all cheaper than Heeney - you have options
Heeney @ $660k is just way too much to pick up for me atm, players like Rozee, English, Stewart, and Trac are all cheaper and gettable in the next few rounds for under $600k.

Interested in the groups thoughts

I want to dump L Jackson. I either will go with Xerri at roughly the same prices or spend an extra $140k and get Gawn. That price increase for 20 points i might go Xerri and then save the $400k in the bank for Zilliams = Houston/Naicos next week and Dempsey = Taylor Adams or Macrae the following week.

Interest to hear everyones thoughts on Xerri or Gawn knowing the price gap for Jackson.
Can you post your team?

The Office Smile GIF

.. do tell my friend. im all ears.

Rd 19-24 last year and 1-5 this year Crouch/Dawson in same side.
Dawson numbers down by a considerable amount>
He still tonned 5 of 6 games last year, but nothing above 120.
Without Crouch, there are some huge returns.

Dawson looked really good this week, but guess who wasn't playing and back in this week ?
I would like to wait another week and see how he goes, but what's the saying, 'Fortune favours the Brave' ?
Still be a no for me this week.

Last edited:
I'm holding for a couple of weeks
Me too, just was a tad concerned people were dumping cause of something other than Maxed out or need the cash.
Mind you also keeping Sanders as I'm punting on Him having had his lesson and should play more game time from here, so I may be doing this wrong.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too, just was a tad concerned people were dumping cause of something other than Maxed out or need the cash.
Mind you also keeping Sanders as I'm punting on Him having had his lesson and should play more game time from here, so I may be doing this wrong.

I've still got Sharp and Sanders too.

Sharp's pretty reliable, he could be the last rook I still have on the field, apart perhaps from Roberts.

Like you I wouldn't be surprised if Sanders gets a full game soon and puts up a cash gen-restarting score. It might be after a week in the VFL though. His ppm when he's actually on the field are so good, it's hard to let him go. Hopefully Bevo stops bevoing him

Macrae is too big a risk mate. Comben averages more than him even with the tonne last week.
Other than that it's still an awesome team

Season averages aren't the be all, mate.

Rd3 it's fair to say that Macrae looked underdone in his first game following the hammy inj = 59
Rd4 Started as Sub, came on late (23% TOG) = 37

Rds 5 & 6 = full games, fully fit 87 & 123 = 105

Granted, last start sans Libba may have inflated Macrae's score marginally, however, it was Richards that was the beneficiary of Libba's CBAs whilst Macrae's CBAs only went up slightly from the previous week. All things considered, Macrae b/e 64 is a worthwhile trade in option this week on a line bereft of Premo's.

Last edited:
Season averages aren't the be all, mate.

Rd3 Macrae was clearly underdone in his first game following the hammy inj = 59
Rd4 Started as Sub, came on late (23% TOG) = 37

Rds 5 & 6 = full games, fully fit 87 & 123 = 105

Granted, last start sans Libba may have inflated Macrae's score marginally, however, it was Richards that was the beneficiary of Libba's CBAs whilst Macrae's CBAs only went up slightly from the previous week. All things considered, Macrae b/e 64 is a worthwhile trade in option this week on a line bereft of Premo's.
I'm agreeing here .....but I also believe Macrae to be a risk ....a risk though I'm taking

His ave is 76 ....his 2023 season ave, which most Coaches agree was a stinker, was 99 ....so Macrae has 23 points of upside, which makes him great value ....and will he be worse than last year, or has he the motivation to re-ignite his career

The heat map of round 6 is, I believe, his future role .....low CBA's, so Libba won't affect the role

It was a really tough call, not going with Walsh, or Serong this week .....but decided Macrae this week, and then get the falling Petracca or Rozee in a couple of weeks

Sod it.

chrome_2BrSRS5Lpc.png

50/50 on Bowes. But with a b/e of only 6 he has a bit of money making in him for a couple of weeks at least. If his scoring drops away over the next 2-3 weeks, he should at least slide into a fallen prem in 1 trade since I can't currently afford anyone $500k+

Id be keeping Stewart mate. Seems to me he is nearly bottomed in price, a lot of us will be bringing him in the next couple of weeks.

Maybe keep Stewart and trade out Zilliams and a cash cow , get in Walsh and a new cow like Garcia or Mcaullife.

No rush on Steele.
Yep I think you've (necessarily) helped curb my burning desire to go full premo - Stewart is wise to hold, will only miss one week, is a premo and was looking very good until he got injured on the weekend. The short term (literally 1 week) difference is minor and saves a trade and adds a bit to the bank!
$245K in the kitty and looking like this
1713827384467.png

Sod it.

View attachment 1967884

50/50 on Bowes. But with a b/e of only 6 he has a bit of money making in him for a couple of weeks at least. If his scoring drops away over the next 2-3 weeks, he should at least slide into a fallen prem in 1 trade since I can't currently afford anyone $500k+
Bowes is very tempting ....last week was in the sludge of the Gabba ....I want one more look

Good looking trades 👍

Really not sure what to do this week

Stupid bevo stuffed me if sanders had gotten a 60 my trades would be easy

I will be doing

Williams to a rookie

Sharp to Walsh.

The question is do I get rid of sanders also before he drops 30k this week. Is 30k worth a boost. If I dump sanders it leaves me 180k and I can get petracca next week for Darcy and Wilson.

Team post trades.
View attachment 1967404
View attachment 1967407
I reckon the rookies will dry up soon it would be nice to have my mids complete

Second option. Get rid of Sanders & get Tracc next week.

Any help on the following conundrum would be great:

Current team with $63k in the bank.

No playing bench backman means i'll cop a 0 with Stewart out this week.
Do i trade Pink to a playing rookie and sacrifice an upgrade this week or trade Stewart with the possibility of grabbing him again in a few weeks (if he gets back to close to his best)?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 153721.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back