Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 156 82.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Well we also messed up Galluci. And we lost two first round tips and whatever Tippet himself was worth. So that's at least 3 more.

And Mchenry.

And Cook and Jones and Milera I guess, but I have hope still with those guys.

So we've had what, like 15 first round picks in the last 12 years, 3 of which were taken away and 3 more are barf, and another 3 are dubious.

Go crows.
The fact we still haven't drafted one gun mid with a top 5 pick, after 6 years of being near the bottom of the ladder, tells you everything you need to know about our drafting and our list build. All good sides are built around their midfield, the easiest way to bring in elite midfield talent is through the top end of the draft.

We haven't prioritised our midfield, but have somehow managed to ignore other areas of the team too (ruck, small forwards). Add all this to the Mcasey and Galluci first round disasters and it's hard to understand how we haven't changed our head recruiter in so long.

Thinking about this a bit more, if I was gold coast I'd be looking at north's pick too. North don't need another mid, but 2 x picks for key position players in the top 10ish would be ideal for them

Or even richmond. This could well be the year to trade down and cash in the gold coast needing a top 2-3 pick.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I have been saying the same about North for the last few years, but they keep taking mids with their early picks. With the big group of quality mids available this year around the top 10, I'm assuming they will take another this year like they do every year.

But yes logically it would make sense for them to split it and take 2 x first round KPP players.

We'd have to pay most of his salary to move him on. No club is taking him and his salary...unless we Bowes him maybe

Most of his salary should already be paid. But we should pay whatever is left if it gets us a higher draft pick. I'm thinking a contender and we trade him and Melbourne's second for their late teens first. He plays 2s as injury cover.

We'd have to pay most of his salary to move him on. No club is taking him and his salary...unless we Bowes him maybe
He would have been front loaded - thats why he is coasting

Why put in an effort for $300k

Well we also messed up Galluci. And we lost two first round tips and whatever Tippet himself was worth. So that's at least 3 more.

And Mchenry.

And Cook and Jones and Milera I guess, but I have hope still with those guys.

So we've had what, like 15 first round picks in the last 12 years, 3 of which were taken away and 3 more are barf, and another 3 are dubious.

Go crows.
Don't forget the Bryce Gibbs trade.

As a father or two I'm usually very 'each to their own' when it comes to this sort of thing, but who the heck names their child "Jevan"?!
There are always some ripper’s but I reckon this one is the best. He was born around Nimbin , one of a fairly decent litter to Pronouns unknown Brain on Friday the 13th so his First name pronounced “Shadow” means unlucky in some language.
Can play the kid.

IMG_1845.jpeg IMG_1846.jpeg

There are always some ripper’s but I reckon this one is the best. He was born around Nimbin , one of a fairly decent litter to Pronouns unknown Brain on Friday the 13th so his First name pronounced “Shadow” means unlucky in some language.
Can play the kid.

View attachment 2043202View attachment 2043203
They started out ok, then obviously drugs got to them by the end with a blip in the middle.

Why is everyone talking about Phillipou anyway? He's contracted until the end of 2026.
Not sure contracts mean that much now which is why we are seeing these 9 year deals.
Think it will become the norm for players to be traded with a few years left to run if they want to go and clubs reluctant to hold disgruntled players.
Hell, give it a few years and we may see players being traded mid season as the model follows the US.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is everyone talking about Phillipou anyway? He's contracted until the end of 2026.
Lots of clubs willingly trade away contracted, young talent whose retention is crucial to the ongoing success of the team

Charlie Cameron for instance

The fact we still haven't drafted one gun mid with a top 5 pick, after 6 years of being near the bottom of the ladder, tells you everything you need to know about our drafting and our list build. All good sides are built around their midfield, the easiest way to bring in elite midfield talent is through the top end of the draft.

We haven't prioritised our midfield, but have somehow managed to ignore other areas of the team too (ruck, small forwards). Add all this to the Mcasey and Galluci first round disasters and it's hard to understand how we haven't changed our head recruiter in so long.
Not sure that’s totally fair mate. Firstly we have haven’t had may top 5 picks.

The ones we have are:

TT (2) - all high end players were talls. First midfielder taken was Philips from Kangas who is second rate. Swans Academy player Campbell would have been matched and has also underwhelmed.

Rankine (traded for pick 5) - surely nobody is complaining about this as one of our best 2 players.

Around the mark - Rachele (6) regressed this year but long term a decent chance to prove his worth at this pick

Curtin (top 10) - clearly too early to call but was widely seen as a top 5 (if not too 3) player last year

Mc Asey (6) - dud. Thankfully we traded down from 4 and also got Pedlar as part of the deal otherwise D Stephens was the likely players here (after AFL screwed us with Anderson)

Jones, a few years earlier, went top 10 and looks a tad underwhelming vs Butters who was there.

I can’t see how any analysis of our midfield can ignore trades - both Dawson and Rankine are our best 2 players and are mids who were traded in over the last 3 years. Many successful clubs - Pies and Cats in Reine t years and Horks when Silvers was there - consistently traded in quality players each year. If we could land an established quality mid for our pick 4/5 this year surely that’s a win? It doesn’t need to be drafted

Was looking very attainable while he was playing VFL after multiple single digit possession games. Now that he's gone and torn apart the best team and midfield in the game...not so much.
We need to approach a Philippou, Anderson or Callaghan with a 7/8 year x 1.25m type offer. Get them to request out of their club and then we pony up the picks.

Can play the kid.

View attachment 2043202View attachment 2043203
Trying to help nurture some right brained traits into kids and sending them to primary school in one of Byrons very popular Steiner schools these sorts of names are standard - if anything on the moderate side. Try Ziggy Love, Happi, Ocean, Smilli, Basil, Otis, Finojet (one of Ozs popular musicians in the last couple of decades sons). And these were all basically from the one class..

It’s been said before but apparently Jack Graham is on his way back to SA next year. Who did the Power burn him for and should we have any interest?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s been said before but apparently Jack Graham is on his way back to SA next year. Who did the Power burn him for and should we have any interest?

Feels like we've heard that every year for the last 6 years

You know that’s not true, please stop pretending it is
He got moved to half back as I recall he did some very shitty turnovers and then got moved back into midfield when M.Crouch got injured, most of us were expecting Rachele to continue from this midfield development at the start of last year and take his midfield minute for the rest of the year.

Ah the ole Jack Graham rumor does its annual resurface. He's one of those players that you can watch a whole game and not even notice they're playing. Pops up for his 15 uneventful possessions and not much more. Is he an upgrade on some of our list? Sure. Is he worth shelling out a draft pick for that minor upgrade? Don't think so.

Ah the ole Jack Graham rumor does its annual resurface. He's one of those players that you can watch a whole game and not even notice they're playing. Pops up for his 15 uneventful possessions and not much more. Is he an upgrade on some of our list? Sure. Is he worth shelling out a draft pick for that minor upgrade? Don't think so.

Graham is an UFA, so we wouldn't need to pay anything in terms of draft capital for him. But I agree, it's a waste of time. If he weren't South Australian no one would even be contemplating it.

This sounds kinda familiar:

“Wilkie said the crime gang sent a picture of the unnamed player to his parents and demanded they pay his drug debts immediately, or they would “destroy their son’s reputation”. The man is no longer an AFL player but was on a club’s list at the time.

“The parents were told that criminals would destroy their son’s reputation if they didn’t hand over cash, and we have seen proof that cash payments have been made,” Wilkie told the Herald Sun.”

Also:

The family reportedly told Wilkie that just days after their son was drafted at age 18 he witnessed senior teammates smoke ice pipes.

“The kind of drug use being described by the families isn’t occasional, recreational drug use,” he said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back