Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't ever recall seeing Mattaes sooking it up either on or off the field or giving away senseless frees because he's having a bad day?

Not at all. But no doubt he has a fair ego - has said so himself? And JHF has a massive ego

Phillipou doesn’t come across as a flog though from the outside

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

A lot of it would depend on how much salary we’d be paying him

One thing’s for sure, pick 5 should be off the table
On 1 of the footy shows last week they were floating the idea that if another club was prepared to take on his entire contract, Melbourne should be sending their F1 pick along with him

A lot of it would depend on how much salary we’d be paying him

One thing’s for sure, pick 5 should be off the table
The comments from the club seem to me as if they're after a big fish and that we won't go back to the draft. So i fear we pay close to full whack and trade pick 5/6 for him. I'd be interested if we negotiated the salary we're liable for down to <1 million and then traded our 2026 First.

Sappening

As long as it has nothing to do with our 1st draft pick. An inform and focussed Oliver is a standout. A distracted and not in form Oliver might be the player we get so we have to quarantine that pick 4 or 5 we get this year as there is too much young midfield talent there to miss out on.

The comments from the club seem to me as if they're after a big fish and that we won't go back to the draft. So i fear we pay close to full whack and trade pick 5/6 for him. I'd be interested if we negotiated the salary we're liable for down to QUOTE]

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Surely we were expecting to play finals when we said that. Things have changed, you'd hope.

On 1 of the footy shows last week they were floating the idea that if another club was prepared to take on his entire contract, Melbourne should be sending their F1 pick along with him
That was another example from Kane Cornes of someone who has never worked in list management in their life talking out their backside. If we want Oliver, we might need to pay our first, not the other way.

Get him back under Darren Burgess and anything can happen. Bet he works his ass off and gets super fit and becomes the Clayton Oliver we all know.

That was another example from Kane Cornes of someone who has never worked in list management in their life talking out their backside. If we want Oliver, we might need to pay our first, not the other way.
Didn't remember or realise it was Cornes .. my memory's is shot

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as it has nothing to do with our 1st draft pick. An inform and focussed Oliver is a standout. A distracted and not in form Oliver might be the player we get so we have to quarantine that pick 4 or 5 we get this year as there is too much young midfield talent there to miss out on.
I think the very least we should give up is our 2025 1st, preferably not but it probably would come down to it. Only way we should give up this year's 1st in a midfield laden top end is for a gilt edge midfielder and Clarry is not that currently.

I think the very least we should give up is our 2025 1st, preferably not but it probably would come down to it. Only way we should give up this year's 1st in a midfield laden top end is for a gilt edge midfielder and Clarry is not that currently.
Hard to imagine Melbourne being keen to give up an elite talent for something they won't get any return on for another 12 months.

Impossible to know how Oliver is going mentally however I feel if he's playing AFL weekly then he must be somewhat on the right path compared to the off-season, at least I hope so for his sake.

Melbourne currently have pick 9, we could swap firsts and still get Draper, 5 for 9 and Oliver and his contract

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
No way we’re paying a first and taking Oliver’s contract. It’s one or the other and I’d suggest we take his contract but he’s either free or we get a pick with him.

Imagine adding Clayton Oliver and Cumming into our midfield.

Cumming - Dawson - Nankervis
ROB - Oliver - Soligo

Imagine adding Clayton Oliver and Cumming into our midfield.

Cumming - Dawson - Nankervis
ROB - Oliver - Soligo
Cumming Rankine Curtin
ROB Oliver Soligo

Nankervis and Dawson to half back with N Murray in between

Edit

Full side could be

Michalanney Butts Hinge
Dawson N Murray Nankervis
Cumming Rankine Curtin
Rachele Fogarty Dowling
Keays Thilthorpe Worrell

1st R ROB Oliver Soligo
Int Taylor, Pick 4/5 mid, Cook, Keane

Sub: Murphy...just kidding, Laird

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back