Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 33 17.4%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think its fictional. Too much smoke. Melbourne are merely not wanting the footy world to think he can walk out without adequate compensation.

For example
Melbourne have probably indicated to his manager they are open to trade for the right price (hence the smoke), it got leaked to the media. Melbourne are merely posturing to keep fans happy and signalling to clubs like Adelaide that he will not be a cheap fire sale.

But its a 100% certainty that Melbourne have postured twice to trade him, including last year.
I’ll just sit back and watch

To me this indicates it's more likely to be true tbh. Silvers essentially admitted they've been talking to him.
How you could have that take from that interview Silvers did the other day amazes me.

Bryce Gibbs, 2018 2nd rd (pick 19 which blew out), 2018 3rd rd (pick 37 which blew out) 2017 5th rd (why even bother)
for
2017 1st rd (pick 10), 2017 1st rd (pick 16), 2018 2nd rd (pick 26 which blew out) 2017 5th rd (why even bother)

So even though the media has played the 2 first rounders for him. It was basically 1 1st rounder and slight re-arranging down the table. (We gave up pick 16 2017 for pick 19 2018, switched a mid 2nd for early 3rd, and switched 2 5th rd picks). We basically gave up a 1st rounder, then made a few smaller changes here and there so Sos could hold face and say he got 2 1st rounders out of it.

Then look at it another way.

Bryce Gibbs, Bobby Hill, Justin McInerney and Billy Hartung
for
Lochie O'Brien, Ed Richards, James Jordan and pass

Who actually lost that trade?
If we had Hill & McInnerney... I would be feeling better about the trade. ;)

The Grundy trade from Collingwood to Melbourne is a precedent with regards to Oliver. Grundy was 28 years old with 5 years of his contract left. Oliver will be 27 years old with 6 years of his contract left. Melbourne gave up pick 27. Based on that, somewhere at the end of the 1st round or beginning of the 2nd seems about right. Our 1st pick this year should be completely off limits. We will need that and Oliver to boost our midfield.

PS. Would be bloody excited to add Oliver and the best midfielder we can pick with pick 5 to our squad!
Pies are still paying for some of Grundy's salary... so Swans did very well out of this.

I’ll just sit back and watch
it all depends on whether Adelaide are interested in paying a price Melbourne are happy with. The Crows may not even be interested in paying that sort or high price though.

Cant help but feel Oliver is a lesson for players and clubs in signing stupid lengthy deals.

I am personally outraged that we have given a contract to Tex for 2026.

I think we should all contact the club and express our discontent. What a bunch of incompetent fools!
Have we?

I thought we were waiting till end of the season.

I don't get this 119 reference, can someone help me out. 😁
1. 119 is a Harshad number, meaning it is divisible by the sum of its digits (1+1+9=11), and it is the smallest number that can be expressed as the sum of three distinct cubes in two different ways: 2³ + 3³ + 6³ and 1³ + 4³ + 6³.

2. Port is really sh!t.

1. 119 is a Harshad number, meaning it is divisible by the sum of its digits (1+1+9=11), and it is the smallest number that can be expressed as the sum of three distinct cubes in two different ways: 2³ + 3³ + 6³ and 1³ + 4³ + 6³.

2. Port is really sh!t.
Someone has far too much time on their hands..

Here’s an idea. Instead of taking on a huge risk like Oliver, why don’t our recruiters actually do their job properly and find us a Durham or Newcombe, or even a Noble or D’Ambrosio, with minimal risk/salary/loss of draft picks?
Also a risk: being unable to get enough good players to spend our minimum cap on, so we spend too much on middling players. We have saved the money, we have the proverbial war chest now, and we have to spend it on something. I’d rather that be on a bit of a punt at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Broken hill lad that grew up with Tex Walker as his hero..

Now has a good connection with Tex through footy and still rates him..

Wouldnt think a massive Tex Walker fan growing up would have done much cheering for port power.. so the crows would have a sentimental edge in the contest for his signature…

You’d think the crows would also have more money in the kitty given how many absolute spuds the power have over paid for in recent years..
Isaac was always a Sydney Swans barracker growing up if I recall right what he said in an interview he did in his draft year,

I thought that I was on my own with Gollant.

No, he isn’t a backup ruck / forward but his form in the SANFL has been good over the last two years. I would definitely give him another two year contract.
Nah, Gollant has a point of difference worth persisting with. Particularly a forward line of TT, Gollant and Fog would be a real mixed bag.

That screams list clogger to me.
I'm not sure he adds anything meaningful to our list
And haven't we got plenty of guys to fill that HBF position ?
And Murphy has "played" 100+ games, Cummings didn't play much in his first 3 years and been playing further up the ground in the last few years (I know another 100 gamer he can immediately replace).

1721815911965.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back