Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lefty w***ers!!

If the world had only left or right it would be a very boring place.

Now when are all these players who are out of contract get told their matching orders?

Now I was under impression assistant coaches had to be told by 1st August. Does anyone know if that is correct?

Unfortunately it’s exactly the sort of thing we are likely to do:
1. Glorious homecoming of South Australian ‘star’, he was pick 2 remember?!
2. We said we’d go hard at the trade table, look at us, we did it!
3. We’re a destination club, on the up!
4. Let’s talk about something other than how bad we’ve been for years, and how bad our coaches are, and our terrible decision to extend Nicks.
5. Hope for the future! Buy your membership for next year!
Nailed it

Trading a top 5 pick in a stacked midfield draft for a soft, inconsistent tall utility with no clear position is just... that's classic Crows
Would be beyond stupid!

Luko is now worth a 2nd rounder.

Our pick 4 should only be traded for an established gun midfielder... which won't happen... so we must tskr it to the draft.

Our first rounder should not be on offer. Suns would want a player that can slot into their 23. Potentially Berry/Crouch and our second rounder? Not sure an inside mid is a need but don’t know who else we could offer?
Crouch is worth more than Luko... who is only worth a 2nd rounder on it's own.

I reckon Lukosius would be Port bound not to us given his relationships with Rozee and Butters.
Power have bugger all draft capital.
Would be beyond stupid!

Luko is now worth a 2nd rounder.

Our pick 4 should only be traded for an established gun midfielder... which won't happen... so we must tskr it to the draft.
His stocks have fallen.

I do remember at the time the infamous Faith swore that Luko wasn’t a top 7-8 player from that draft. He may owe someone a nice bottle of wine but he DID nail that very unpopular call with Luko (along with Vaders Petrenko is a Dud and a legendary previously named poster rating Bock and Doughty when they were almost universally despised at the time)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 4 is way to much for Luko. I'd rate him around a late 1st. Our 2nd will be early so that plus a sweetener and then us taking on his contract should be enough.

I'm just worried that the Club has apparently made it clear that our first is on the table and we are looking to bring in established players. This may mean they get desperate and decide to use pick 4... really hoping not as that pick should be quarantined for a gun mid at the draft.

Pick 4 is way to much for Luko. I'd rate him around a late 1st. Our 2nd will be early so that plus a sweetener and then us taking on his contract should be enough.

I'm just worried that the Club has apparently made it clear that our first is on the table and we are looking to bring in established players. This may mean they get desperate and decide to use pick 4... really hoping not as that pick should be quarantined for a gun mid at the draft.
That talk was stronger early season off the back of missing out on a big recruit last year and expecting to make finals (not such high pick plus different premiership clock position)

It’s kind of hung around a bit but only through lazy journalism I think

If Hardwick really want him gone why would the offer be more than a future 2nd rounder? We are taking his contract and risk whether his development changes when he return home.

Absolutely correct. SEN talking up two first rounders. pahlease!
It is almost a salary dump - not giving anything inside 15 for him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I agree... Give them what we get for kaene and maybe next year's second. This draft class is highly rated

Unfortunately it’s exactly the sort of thing we are likely to do:
1. Glorious homecoming of South Australian ‘star’, he was pick 2 remember?!
2. We said we’d go hard at the trade table, look at us, we did it!
3. We’re a destination club, on the up!
4. Let’s talk about something other than how bad we’ve been for years, and how bad our coaches are, and our terrible decision to extend Nicks.
5. Hope for the future! Buy your membership for next year!

Guys you can stop having a fit about trading pick 4 for Lukosius. The club isn't that stupid so just stop it.

With Rioli coming in, Rowell out of contract next year, King the year after this looks like a salary dump. And the great news is GC are loaded with picks that are going to be burned by the Lombard pick (6, 11, 20, 26).

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back