Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 34 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 157 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hot off the press rumours........
Rob has told his manager to explore clubs in Victoria for next season as he asks for a trade, speculation that Essendon and Bulldogs are the clubs most keen, watch for Draper to comeback our way if Essendon is the club.....
Ned Moyle will be a crow next year as our number one ruckman....
Rachele and zac Taylor being looked at by Melbourne clubs.....
Trading out ROB and bringing in Moyle would be a good outcome. We should then also be looking at drafting another ruck this off season.

Rob has told his manager to explore clubs in Victoria for next season as he asks for a trade, speculation that Essendon and Bulldogs are the clubs most keen, watch for Draper to comeback our way if Essendon is the club.....
Rachele’s still got 5 and a half years on his deal, surely ‘being looked at’ is just window shopping for said VIC clubs

I like the Moyle and ROB news though

Funnily enough if Rachele moved and it enabled us to get a topline established mid in, I'd do it or if it enabled us to get pick 1 or 2 in this draft I would do it. Ie if say Richmond wanted him badly and offered us their pick for him so we could get FOS or Smillie along with Draper in this draft.

Now don't get me wrong I see a big upside to Rachele and are more than happy for him to stay with us long term but right now I think he is not being handled correctly and it could be a win win if it allowed us to really get a top end projected mid along with the one hopefully we will get with our own top 5 pick.

If we get Moyle and just a query -
If Rob chooses Essendon and we potentially get Draper in return, could we play both Moyle (1st ruck) and Draper (starting forward and pinch hit ruck) is he good enough for that? That way leaves thilthorpe and fog always in the forward lines?

Funnily enough if Rachele moved and it enabled us to get a topline established mid in, I'd do it or if it enabled us to get pick 1 or 2 in this draft I would do it. Ie if say Richmond wanted him badly and offered us their pick for him so we could get FOS or Smillie along with Draper in this draft.

Now don't get me wrong I see a big upside to Rachele and are more than happy for him to stay with us long term but right now I think he is not being handled correctly and it could be a win win if it allowed us to really get a top end projected mid along with the one hopefully we will get with our own top 5 pick.
What do you think we’d get for Rachelle now? It’s going to be a pick in the teens so we’d be going backwards

Ok Crypto, we do like a rumour and hope the poster isn’t full of manure, reckon these are your first bit of info. Without naming a source is it coming from someone in club land, agent etc and how confident you in your source?

Rob I can see going, might explain why we aren’t playing him.
Can’t see us needing Draper if we are getting Moyle.
Rachelle doesn’t look happy so that wouldn’t surprise.
As for Taylor why would he want to stick around so he might get a go on the half forward flank at some stage, but if we lost him due to lack of opportunity and he turns out, that’s just going to be ****ed and typical of this shitshow.

What do you think we’d get for Rachelle now? It’s going to be a pick in the teens so we’d be going backwards
Not sure about that, he has 5 1/2 years on contract so any club wanting to pry him out will have to pay a premium. Also I would think that clubs can see he is down on form but know what he is capable of and he is still very young. But unless it allows us to get an A grade mid or it gets us a top 3 pick in this draft, I would not entertain letting him go at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good in theory (and I'm not totally opposed to it)- but how can we be sure our new gun will be developed better than our old gun?

If we get Moyle and just a query -
If Rob chooses Essendon and we potentially get Draper in return, could we play both Moyle (1st ruck) and Draper (starting forward and pinch hit ruck) is he good enough for that? That way leaves thilthorpe and fog always in the forward lines?
Draper is a much worse kick for goal than ROB.

He is good at lying on the footy and not drawing a free kick though :D Although he would not get away with that while wearing crows colours.

The last time ROB and Draper went head to head

I thought we wanted to upgrade ROB?

Essendon
Sam Draper 17 HO's

Peter Wright 7 HO's
Harrison Jones 1 HO

Adelaide
Reilly O'Brien 40 HO's

Riley Thilthorpe 2 Ho's

The last time ROB and Draper went head to head

I thought we wanted to upgrade ROB?

Essendon
Sam Draper 17 HO's

Peter Wright 7 HO's
Harrison Jones 1 HO

Adelaide
Reilly O'Brien 40 HO's

Riley Thilthorpe 2 Ho's
How many to advantage?

How many disposals, marks & goals for each?

If rucking was just about winning taps, ROB would be awesome.

And that is about executing.

Not knowing what to do, not pointing the finger and telling people where to run, not yelling instructions at people.

Real leadership in these situations is about action and doing the things necessary to change the game. Setting the example and standard for what needs to be done.

The very last thing we need is another vocal "leader" who fails to actually execute when it matters most. It sends the absolute wrong message.

So you’ve seen Murph’s leadership skills on show - pointing etc.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back